WTS : Kraken Club IRL (3D Print)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » WTS : Kraken Club IRL (3D Print)
WTS : Kraken Club IRL (3D Print)
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-12 19:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shall I go on? Haha
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Could find you some simple single string fiberglass archery bows that have a standard shaped handles, then print some "skins" for them to make RL functioning bow models.
Need something to spam that TP with.

Paged myself, this is a good one, don't want it getting buried.
By Drayco 2020-06-12 19:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the idea of making something more functional, but I'll stick with making plastic "toy" replicas. 3 out of my 4 items already wouldn't pass to go on a convention floor.

Sorry I can't be the one to help you Jishnu's Radiance all over Bambi's mother on your next hunting trip.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-12 19:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough, I would be using it on hay bails if I had it, nothing wrong with hunting, too much hassle for me though heh.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-12 19:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bobble heads, bobble heads, bobble heads.

Could leave em blank, with a decent smooth paintable surface, can market as a paint your own custom kit.

Could churn out hard and fast.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2020-06-12 21:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Drayco said: »
I like the idea of making something more functional, but I'll stick with making plastic "toy" replicas. 3 out of my 4 items already wouldn't pass to go on a convention floor.

Depends on the con. I've personally seen (and had) 3d printed swords, and con-mates with daggers; they just cant have sharp points, which if I had to assume, they're more dull (for obvious reasons) than sharp. The staff is obviously fine. The only questionable one Id say would be the KKK. Im not sure how they would take that; I guess it depends on how strict that certain gopher/con staff are, for example, I was able to bring in a 2nd sword in to a con one day, but was getting some push back with the same sword the next day and had to get higher approval.

But realistically, I'd say 3/4 would be allowed at most cons.
[+]
By Drayco 2020-06-13 13:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jiko said: »

Depends on the con. I've personally seen (and had) 3d printed swords, and con-mates with daggers; they just cant have sharp points, which if I had to assume, they're more dull (for obvious reasons) than sharp. The staff is obviously fine. The only questionable one Id say would be the KKK. Im not sure how they would take that; I guess it depends on how strict that certain gopher/con staff are, for example, I was able to bring in a 2nd sword in to a con one day, but was getting some push back with the same sword the next day and had to get higher approval.

But realistically, I'd say 3/4 would be allowed at most cons.

That's good to know. I just remember friends always complaining they've become too strict and don't allow tons of things on the floor. I know KKK and Mandau are pretty pointy and those points are rigid from how I glue them together.
By Aquatiq 2020-06-13 15:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Retractable spikes. Like a switchblade.
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2020-06-13 18:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's good to know. I just remember friends always complaining they've become too strict and don't allow tons of things on the floor. I know KKK and Mandau are pretty pointy and those points are rigid from how I glue them together.

Ah, I wasnt sure how sharp the mandau was, but if you wanted to make sure it's convention friendly, possibly make an option on the etsy of people for a blunter tip. Shouldnt be too hard to make a copy of the CAD and just round the tip lightly, but of course, thats totally up to you.

[Edited for grammar.]
By Drayco 2020-06-22 23:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanted to give a bump for some cool new GIFs I made.

Also, Gjallahorn's first prototype is on the printers right now!

Social Media pages & Store
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-22 23:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yay you wrapped it
[+]