WTS : Kraken Club IRL (3D Print)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » WTS : Kraken Club IRL (3D Print)
WTS : Kraken Club IRL (3D Print)
First Page 2
By Drayco 2020-06-11 16:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's here! The 3D Printed Kraken Club has landed on my Etsy store!

Head on over to my Etsy Store to grab yours! 1 in 8 chance of receiving a Shell Buster instead.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-06-11 16:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a Shellbuster...

Others have been fooled before but you're not fooling me.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-11 16:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Drayco said: »
1 in 8 chance of receiving a Shell Buster instead.
Lmao

I'll trade you an emporer's hairpin.

/flywing /swipe

Edit: in all seriousness, should try making some jewelry items, like moonshade earring, or emperor's hairpin. Probably a little trickier since no actual model exists for stuff like that, could be cool though.
By Drayco 2020-06-11 17:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
1 in 8 chance of receiving a Shell Buster instead.
Lmao

I'll trade you an emporer's hairpin.

/flywing /swipe

Edit: in all seriousness, should try making some jewelry items, like moonshade earring, or emperor's hairpin. Probably a little trickier since no actual model exists for stuff like that, could be cool though.
That's a neat idea. I wonder where I can get the wings off some Murder Hornets to make an Emperor Hairpin.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-11 17:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be more interested in a 3d print of Drayco!

Good work there man, keep it up ?
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-11 18:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Murgleis or gtfo.

beautiful work on the club though, and as the case in business, its all in the timing :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-11 18:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Should figure out a way to create a cover for a recorder to make it look like a G-Horn, that way you can pretend to be playing your marches. But actually get some notes tooted outta that horn.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-11 18:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Should figure out a way to create a cover for a recorder to make it look like a G-Horn, that way you can pretend to be playing your marches. But actually get some notes tooted outta that horn.

good point- Gjallarhorn would be an easy adaptation. Essentially create a 3D printed "hood" for the bell that generates the right shape, it shouldn't interfere with playability!
[+]
By Drayco 2020-06-11 18:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Damnit man, now everybody is going to think it was your idea when I release my next one lol! I wasn't quiet ready to release the teaser for this item yet either, but here we go!

I'm doing exactly that. G.horn with an internal sound board that plays the melody when you press a button. It's modeled up, I have the sound board, I just gotta prototype one up so I can tweak the model. I'm several weeks out from being ready to release this one tho.

[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-11 18:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Damnit man, now everybody is going to think it was your idea when I release my next one lol! I wasn't quiet ready to release the teaser for this item yet either, but here we go!

I'm doing exactly that. G.horn with an internal sound board that plays the melody when you press a button. It's modeled up, I have the sound board, I just gotta prototype one up so I can tweak the model. I'm several weeks out from being ready to release this one tho.

that's beautiful work, but make people earn it! preserve the playability and include sheet music, not a recording!! :D
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-11 18:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! I could pile on a bunch more ideas haha, 3-D printers are way cool, wish I had one to dink around with.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-11 18:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! I could pile on a bunch more ideas haha, 3-D printers are way cool, wish I had one to dink around with.

We've used one in instrument repair shops to create parts for old instruments no longer created- like the proper dimension valve guides for pre 1920 brass for example.

They're way too much fun, and only gonna get more fun.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-06-11 19:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw your post on facebook... good work man
[+]
 Cerberus.Resetti
Server: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2020-06-11 22:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You're killing it Bro! Great Job!
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-06-12 08:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow, you're really going above and beyond with these!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Crojure
Server: Lakshmi
user: Crojure
By Lakshmi.Crojure 2020-06-12 08:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Burtgang / Ochain / Aegis and im all willing to pay for that ***for real :D
By Drayco 2020-06-12 10:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Aegis has to be the most requested item by a lot. I've put a lot of thought into how I could do it. Aegis presents a ton of problems. Not only would it be days(maybe weeks) of design work, manufacturing it full size on my 3D printers just doesn't seem like it would work. The cheapest and best way I can think of doing it is with a 3-axis CNC Router and make the shield out of wood. I really like this idea, but I don't have a CNC Router (yet).

I'm listening to all you guys and I love all the suggestions.

How would people feel about miniature sized versions of some of the more difficult to create items?
[+]
By kairyu 2020-06-12 11:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn that KC looks like fire! Also I’d love a playable Ghorn with good intonation :o
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-06-12 11:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

These are awesome, but you should consider scaled ones people can put on their monitor or whatever (1/4 or 1/6?) and put them on a plinth or something. Maybe get more buyers that way.

Great job regardless.
 Bismarck.Tesiex
Server: Bismarck
user: Tesiex
By Bismarck.Tesiex 2020-06-12 14:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

How would people feel about miniature sized versions of some of the more difficult to create items?

Would 100% be interested in minis, much easier to keep on my desk. :)

Masamune, Chango, Apoc, etc. would be sweet as minis.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-12 14:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/81604

Can I have it?
 Cerberus.Genoside
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Genoside 2020-06-12 15:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

went to buy one today then it was like stacked shipping taxes then I'm like ill just buy a 3d printer... then I bought a 3d printer.
By Drayco 2020-06-12 16:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, for real people who aren't Amazon, shipping prices are expensive. People are spoiled by large companies offering free shipping.

I'm only charging for postage. I'm eating all the packaging costs. I could easily charge another $15 and offer free shipping and make more money, but I like to think people are smart enough to do addition.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-06-12 16:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, and Etsy is a real POS trying to force sellers to eat the cost of shipping. Happened when I was selling my Game Boy version of FFXI.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-12 16:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you using etsy in the first place? All your customers come from here.

Paypal and skip the middleman for the people from here. You keep that cut that etsy would take and everyone is happy.
By Drayco 2020-06-12 16:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Why are you using etsy in the first place? All your customers come from here.

Paypal and skip the middleman for the people from here. You keep that cut that etsy would take and everyone is happy.

I don't have any sources for where my sale clicks come from, but I think this forum is responsible for less than 25%. The amount of interactions I get on Facebook blow this place out of the water.

Etsy offers me and the buyers some protection and the fees are super reasonable. Paypal would charge me the same thing Etsy is to process payments.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-12 16:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This.... Needs to be a bobble head, on my dash.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-12 16:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That's another fun idea, bobble heads, of any of the big headed models that exist.

Bobble head gobbies and moogles are especially popping into my brain.
[+]
By HyperKTM 2020-06-12 18:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

All the rangers who cant afford a kclub in ffxi can at least get 1 irl now lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-12 19:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Could find you some simple single string fiberglass archery bows that have a standard shaped handles, then print some "skins" for them to make RL functioning bow models.
First Page 2