Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-06-10 13:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to see it confirmed they're using the actual maps as a base. The original screenshots with wildly different maps were worrying to me. (Not that it really mattered)
 Odin.Naytan
Server: Odin
user: Naytan
By Odin.Naytan 2020-06-10 13:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the middle picture from? Is that 14?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By ashcrow 2020-06-10 13:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

do you think there will be a way to skin that in Current xi since the map locations are correct

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-12 13:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ermahgerd if FFXI would just get this makeover 100% they could have my subscription for the rest of my life. I would play it to the grave.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2020-06-14 11:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

good work, just said its going to waste.
By Rolodex 2020-06-14 14:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Ermahgerd if FFXI would just get this makeover 100% they could have my subscription for the rest of my life. I would play it to the grave.
I'm not convinced it would be worth full price if it's just a prettier XI with the ability to add a cash shop ala XIV. Now if it was an offline game with XIV tier cut scenes (but no VOs for the love of god) then we are talking. Considering who is making this and the fact it's SE i'm worried it's just going to be a hail mary to get the suits to keep XI alive by adding more microtransactions.

I'm a huge pessimist though so I automatically assume the worst in anything.
By volkom 2020-06-14 14:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they keep the size of the zones the same
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-06-14 14:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So crisp
By SimonSes 2020-06-14 14:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If we need to start from the start and mechanic will actually be changed to vertical progression and fights like FFXIV, then I dont see the point..
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-06-14 14:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
If we need to start from the start and mechanic will actually be changed to vertical progression and fights like FFXIV, then I dont see the point..
that would totally ruin the game, we just need these graphics here :(
[+]
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2020-06-14 16:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The imagery is beautiful to be sure, but FFXI has so many things wrong with it on the mechanical and conceptual level that addressing its issues may as well turn into a completely new game.

We have almost 2 decades of SE not knowing how to actually fix fundamental design issues. Instead they have paved over them with so many workarounds that actually addressing the issues would take a lot of work and result in fundamentally different gameplay.

Case in point for what I'm talking about for instance, is haste.
For any sane developer 80% haste would be an 80% increase in actions over time, compared to 0% haste. Instead we have 80% haste resulting in 5 times greater attack speed than 0% haste.

Fixing that fundamental issue would require completely re-balancing gear and gameplay, which would be a good thing long term, but implementing it on top of FFXI as it is now would be a nightmare.

And there are plenty of other things in the same vein. Jobs that never had a clear concept or role in the first place, bizarre quality of life stuff, mechanics and systems that were added and never maintained, the list goes on way too long.

At this point we just need a whole new game.

Also FFXIR being a mobile game is a deal breaker for me. They could still announce a platform change, but until they do FFXIR will not even register on my radar.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-06-14 16:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Put FFXIR On Switch You Cowards
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-06-14 16:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Put all the effort and resources wasted on this flop into the real XI, you cowards!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2020-06-24 06:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Put all the effort and resources wasted on this flop into the real XI, you cowards!

SE licensed it out to Nexon and had them doing all the grunt work while SE has a fair amount of overhead on the project to ensure the lore and other things stay within the standards set by Vana'diel from what interviews have told us all the way back to 2015. On the other side of that coin, Matsui said current XI is basically dead in the water due to the lack of PS2 devkits, so I don't understand why people are constantly asking for the impossible that SE put the effort another company is paying to do into XI when SE themselves have neither the means nor manpower at this point to do so. At best, we'll end up seeing FFXIR ported over to more modern systems and devices with the focus being on a newer audience while plain XI will exist to cater to those who keep subbing.

You know what scares me? The engine Nexon is using for this mobile release for about six years now is just getting optimized to run on higher end Android devices, since even the Galaxy Tab S6 can't fully run Fortnite at max settings, and I really doubt the Tab S7(+) will be doing it either with how little technology has jumped in under a year. Unreal 4 is great to porting to many systems, but it hasn't seen any practical use as far as I'm aware on mobile until just the last year or so.
By Wordspoken 2020-06-24 08:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not interested. SE, you just made me wait for too long, I've moved along to other interests.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-06-24 08:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Zirconian said: »
https://www.ffximobile.es/ has screenshots of ffxir

They don't, if you run it through translate they got DMCA'd.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]

Post deleted by User.