New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Looking for Kraken Club
Looking for Kraken Club
First Page 2
By kalyoth 2020-05-26 16:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So, as the title states, Looking for the squid basher. Wondering if the folks on Assura can help me out on how they obtain them with so many on the AH & such a rich month sales history. Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-26 16:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2020-05-26 16:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Acquire a shellbuster
???
Profit
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-26 16:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This is how they are obtained:

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Up_in_Arms

Here are some testimonials about how to handle the fight:

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Up_in_Arms/Strategies

It's up to luck if one will load after completing the battlefield. It will take perseverance on your part and/or luck. It's an extremely low rate of dropping into the loot pool so may the odds be ever in your favor.

YouTube Video Placeholder

/thread
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-26 17:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Im farming one right now with hundreds of seals i got from login points.

So far 0/249. Lets see how long till i can get my first
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-26 17:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You doing pup method? I have a few hundred to burn, what's your setup?
By Pantafernando 2020-05-26 17:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Same of mentioned in PUP thread, just as i have many chars, im overdriving so i dont need to care with the most expensive ones. Turbo Charger 2 is totally unnecessary. Just this little ***is 750k lol.

Probably can drop few more attachments and still beating it easily.
By Shichishito 2020-05-26 18:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm a bit disappointed its bouncing between 600,000,000-700,000,000, i know you cheapos can afford more.
someone upload a video of KC RNGs OPness so we can watch it skyrocket to the cap.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-26 18:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Same of mentioned in PUP thread, just as i have many chars, im overdriving so i dont need to care with the most expensive ones. Turbo Charger 2 is totally unnecessary. Just this little ***is 750k lol.

Do you mind PMing me the attachment list for this? Or link me the thread where this is listed. Gonna add this to my daily routines of things to do during non-campigns.
By Shichishito 2020-05-26 18:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-26 18:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

clutch. your reward will be great in heaven
By Draylo 2020-05-26 18:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind, other jobs like RDM and BLM have been soloing that for literally years. PUP isn't the only one that can do it.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-05-26 18:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

that pup is naked.
By Draylo 2020-05-26 18:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

He has a lot of expensive attachments, you could do this as a RDM or BLM without any level sync gear so essentially they are naked too.
By Shichishito 2020-05-26 18:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

remember back in the day BST could solo it too with the funguar pet but then they nerfed its darkness resistance or something and from there on it didn't work anymore or required loads of mulsums. SE really doesn't like BST.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-05-26 19:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently tried my hand at this as well! 0/240 and out of seals! hurray for fun!
By Pantafernando 2020-05-26 20:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Do you mind PMing me the attachment list for this? Or link me the thread where this is listed. Gonna add this to my daily routines of things to do during non-campigns.

Asura.Terrorized said: »
valoredge/valoredge

optic fiber
auto repair kit III
turbo charger
turbo charger II
stabilizer II
Coiler II
Armor Plate II
Armor Plate III
Tension spring IV
Magniplug
Magniplug II
Heatsink

Light/Thunder/Fire or
Light/Light/Thunder

About a 5 minute kill, 30 sec if you overdrive.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52194/string-theory-a-puppetmasters-guide-new/49/

Ive been using this setup but this is more than you actually need.

Draylo said: »
He has a lot of expensive attachments, you could do this as a RDM or BLM without any level sync gear so essentially they are naked too.

You have a point and i would do that if it was just my best char or main mules.

But im talking about wannabe 1$ mule fresh 99ed on PUP. And playing 3 at same time. So, PUP is the best for me. I just wrote a super basic script that just does deploy > overdrive > fire > thunder > light maneuver then alt tab to next char to get in position and hit script again.

it seems clear to me KC fall in the lowest drop rate category. If youre serious on getting KC in a life time you cant just enter and do a solo 5~10 mins fight. If we consider 250 tries i did so far that would mean like 40h playing just this.

Best strat i can come up when odds arent favorable, is to quickly toss a dice As soon as you can. Even tossing 2 or 3 dices at same time. That what i do. PUP seems the best choice for this to me.
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Server: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-05-27 03:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind, other jobs like RDM and BLM have been soloing that for literally years. PUP isn't the only one that can do it.
This used to be a challenging solo years ago on RDM or BLM. During the level 75 era, with lv60 gear (mostly AF and elemental staves), landing sleep was next to impossible as Fe'e built a high resistance after 4/5 sleeps. Landing sleep on light's day was difficult. Gravity duration was iffy too.

However, Fe'e is super easy now on naked RDM or BLM. The only gear you need is Tropical Crepes. Every thing lands, even sleep on light's day.
By geigei 2020-05-27 03:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Minimuse said: »
This used to be a challenging solo years ago on RDM or BLM.
Lol, what? it was easy af, just boring.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-27 03:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

It was challenging because resistances were higher back in the day and as was said it used to build up immunity.
I used to do this on blm and it was seat of the pants stuff, resists happened and it could kill you pretty quick if you were unlucky.
By geigei 2020-05-27 03:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

But sleep was used when gravity recast was down and/or to recover mp.
On a side note, record now on my server is 1min, which setup is the fastest?
By SimonSes 2020-05-27 04:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think many people forgetting that RDM got enspell buff from Composure. So on top of spamming blizzard 2 you can also just swing some dagger at it and get very good result with it. Just eat recently buffed Rolanberry daifuku for both accuracy and magic accuracy and its even faster on RDM this way. Still PUP is the best imo because you can just engage, click macro or set GS to keep maneuvers up and go afk for 4-5 min.

Im farming one right now with hundreds of seals i got from login points.

So far 0/249. Lets see how long till i can get my first

Good luck, I was recently farming it and went around 0/500 if I remember correctly (I stopped counting around 428 or something) and I used seals from 4 chars and even got some donations and still nothing. Im like 0/750 overall, but I know people who had much better luck like Minimuse, but she has way above average luck with everything in this game. I finally bought mine for 300M (which was still a high price then, because it was 150-200 at AH at that time) thinking I pay too much, but I really wanted to swing it. Now from not that long time perspective I bought it super cheap :)
By Mattelot 2020-05-27 06:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone was implying that only Pup could do this, buddy. I know too that other jobs can. Pup is just a super simple job to do this on.

As far as attachments, they're really not all that bad. Anyone at level 99 can farm enough gil to buy them all in 1 day and many are not even necessary.
By DononofSylph 2020-05-27 09:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP with OD can win within 53 seconds which is my best depending on luck of Auto WS damage.

Outside of OD, if you help your puppet at around 50%, it is a 5 min kill.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-05-27 15:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

To those that do this in 5 minutes w/o Overdrive. Are you guys healing your doll at all? I set my ***up like what was posted above, but my doll dips around 40% HP while Fe'e is still ~70% and I get paranoid and Overdrive.
 Asura.Friedrik
Server: Asura
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-05-27 16:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
To those that do this in 5 minutes w/o Overdrive. Are you guys healing your doll at all? I set my ***up like what was posted above, but my doll dips around 40% HP while Fe'e is still ~70% and I get paranoid and Overdrive.

I keep 1-2 light maneuvers up at all times with auto-repair kit ii/iii
By Pantafernando 2020-05-27 16:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive a good and a bad new for KC farmers.

Considering SE drop rate category they mentioned, seems quite evident the club dont belong to the “Very rare” category (1%).

So, its either Super rare (0.5%) or Ultra rare (0.1%).

So, the bad news most likely KC is a Ultra rare drop and you just gonna get it after 1000 tries.

The good news you gonna earn 15M just from chest reward alone, without selling any other drop.
By SimonSes 2020-05-27 17:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

Auto get some damage at start because Fe's hits harder at start. At some point Automaton starts to regen more HP than it lose. I never used OD/medicines/JA to cure automaton. Use some food with pet accuracy and go /rdm and dia Fe's to drop it's HP faster.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-05-27 17:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I just added in Repair and Maintenance. I can walk away now, good enough.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-27 23:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

DononofSylph said: »
PUP with OD can win within 53 seconds which is my best depending on luck of Auto WS damage.

Outside of OD, if you help your puppet at around 50%, it is a 5 min kill.

I was doing this on rdm in like 3min a while back, but I just didn't have all the space to hold my 60 cap gear, sent to mule. and the bind/grav/nuke method is more energy than deplofk xD
First Page 2