[Windower] Unable To Ctrl + V To Paste Text.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » [Windower] Unable to Ctrl + V to paste text.
[Windower] Unable to Ctrl + V to paste text.
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-07 16:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello there. Topic.

I'm unable to hit CTRL + V to paste text into chat. I know I used to be able to ages ago. I havn't really had the need to, so I've pretty much ignored it since I noticed it didn't work, but was curious if anyone could help me out getting it to work correctly again.

When I hit CTRL + V, my camera view changes between first person view and chase cam. I have my keyboard settings under Menu > Config > Misc. 2 > Keyboard Size = Full (and always have had it that way).

Perhaps there is something like a line of text in the init.txt file or some other place that would force CTRL + V to paste from clipboard into chat?

I can list any other settings needed. I'm hoping this is a Windower issue (or at least something I can slap a bandaid on via windower to force to work). I know I used to be able to do this. No idea what changed, though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Here. Have a meme for your effort.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-07 18:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Try pressing the space bar and opening up your chat before pressing ctrl+v. I'm not able to pasteinto FFXI unless the chat dialogue text has opened
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-07 18:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I just copied that line, stuck it in my init.txt file, saved it, restarted windower/FFXI, and that sure as heck works. It cancels out the camera changing as well. No idea how I lost that line, but oh well. It's fixed now thanks to you. Looks like that about wraps up this case.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-05-07 19:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You have an older init.txt file, a newly made one doesn't do those binds, and you can always comment them out.

You can also search for binds, but I don't recall how.
By Jetackuu 2020-05-07 19:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Also: hi, Bart