Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » $100 Bounty if you can find this spot in Whitegate
$100 Bounty if you can find this spot in Whitegate
By Felgarr 2020-03-27 23:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is about searching the Aht Urghan Whitegate Zone Dat file for the location of this room, used in mythic quests:

Reward: First person to send me the coordinates of this room in the Aht Urghan Whitegate zone (and ideally a screenshot as well), gets $100. It's as simple as that. (I will verify the coordinates to be certain).

Zone DAT: ROM4/0/3.DAT (in your FFXI installation folder)

Caveats: Obviously, I'm talking about the coordinates within the zone where the above textures exist. I searched, cannot find it and I'm hoping someone with more knowledge of zone geometry can find it.

Thanks!
 Siren.Jonsnow
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Jons
By Siren.Jonsnow 2020-03-28 00:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

its inside the palace, can only get to it from cut scenes
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-03-28 00:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

100$ to pos hack is a good deal.
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2020-03-28 01:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you so sure its in that .Dat file?

I'm pretty sure that is just the exterior map for whitegate, all of the interior sections are in different files.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-03-28 01:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ROM4/5/7.dat
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2020-03-28 01:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

nicely done!
By Draylo 2020-03-28 02:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, whats with the 100 dollars? Wouldn't be hard to simply just ask

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-03-28 03:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, models can be loaded in Noesis. My understanding is that this must be loaded with White Gate (somewhere). Getting warmer folks:

[+]

Post deleted by User.
By gistofanything 2020-03-28 04:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

He's not gonna pay it lol, no one's holding him to pay for information he could've gotten for free (but just didn't) lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-03-28 04:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Yes, models can be loaded in Noesis. My understanding is that this must be loaded with White Gate (somewhere). Getting warmer folks:
It might not be, you could run around with a processviewer and see what dat files are getting loaded. More below.

kireek said: »
They aren't loaded until you get close to the area, like really close. Until them it's a blank room with no textures.
My bet is since this isn't a door opening or actually a different zone during the CS. That when you're clicking on the door it's loading it(textures) up on the fly.

gistofanything said: »

He's not gonna pay it lol, no one's holding him to pay for information he could've gotten for free (but just didn't) lol.
Knowing Felgarr over the years, though we haven't spoken in-game in quite a while, I honestly think he meant what he said with the bounty.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-03-28 04:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually decided to test this by replaying the cut-scene(Passing Glory) your position <pos> changes(but not your actual character in-game) as the cut-scene progresses inside that room your position is (I-7). You can do this by doing "/p <pos>" during the CS.
Edit:
It's actually a little more in depth once I decided to turn on fillmode, interesting. Off the top of my head I can't think of another area that works like this.

Edit2: May I ask why you care, Felgarr?
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-28 07:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Off the top of my head I can't think of another area that works like this.
Isn't Throne Room like that? You can see the magicite seal crystals off in the distance for when there's a CS in the zone iirc.
By gistofanything 2020-03-28 08:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

gistofanything said: »

Knowing Felgarr over the years, though we haven't spoken in-game in quite a while, I honestly think he meant what he said with the bounty.
Well shut my front door, then.

Post deleted by User.
By Felgarr 2020-03-28 11:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually decided to test this by replaying the cut-scene(Passing Glory) your position <pos> changes(but not your actual character in-game) as the cut-scene progresses inside that room your position is (I-7). You can do this by doing "/p <pos>" during the CS.
Edit:
It's actually a little more in depth once I decided to turn on fillmode, interesting. Off the top of my head I can't think of another area that works like this.

Edit2: May I ask why you care, Felgarr?

Mostly for fun and taking screenshots. I've always liked ToAU and this cutscene/area in particular. It's actually a large, detailed space, much more so than what the cutscene would have you believe.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-03-28 11:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Since the area only exists for cut-scenes and the game puts you at specific spots in it to view them it might not be a good idea to pos warp there. If you were planning to do that.

He could always cut his connection and then POS around. As far as the servers concerned, his last known position is where his connection dropped, but he should be able to move around.
By Felgarr 2020-03-28 11:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually have a private server running FFXI-DSP on virtualbox. My lonely server of 1 character (me), so I can give myself GM/GodMode/Wallhack, etc ...and still can't find the coordinates for this particular part of the zone. It just, must be textures that are only loaded for the Passing Glory CS.
 Sylph.Truckie
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Truckie 2020-03-28 13:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you can find it with allseeingeye