Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Sharanga Path C
Sharanga Path C
 Cerberus.Resetti
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2020-03-05 10:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have one? I’m curious about the path C descriptions.

[1] Additional ammo damage: +250%
[2] Additional ammo accuracy +150
[3] DMG: + (See Below)

Does the additional damage and accuracy help with the status bolts such as blind, bloody, or sleep bolts?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-03-05 11:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

accuracy does, but the damage only affects holy bolt style damage as far as i know
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-05 11:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

how about scout bolts? what do they do on a normal AE hit?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-05 12:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
with R25 sharanga, aurorastorm2, and malaise they do like 1800 add effect
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-05 12:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm.

i dont know that worth giving up gastro there Resetti.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-03-05 16:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Syto build one as well, we weren't impressed. However my Path B is like a machine gun, when you want just the most amount of WS possible. Im in a 1 hit build most of the time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Resetti
By Cerberus.Resetti 2020-03-05 16:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
hmm.

Oh I definitely wouldn’t give up Gastraphetes. I was just curious for more solo power.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2020-03-05 18:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gotenn said: »
Syto build one as well, we weren't impressed. However my Path B is like a machine gun, when you want just the most amount of WS possible. Im in a 1 hit build most of the time.

Cerberus.Resetti said: »
hmm.

Oh I definitely wouldn’t give up Gastraphetes. I was just curious for more solo power.

Lots of insane AE damage when using Scout's Bolts.. Has potential for a rapid fire Light AE damage DOT that is awesome to see in action in unique situations..

The content it's made for is definitely currently Dyna-D when your are hoping to stabilize and balance different WSD damages types for reduced WSD Decay...

When Decay is reduced with this, it Pushes Leaden Salutes Further to cap in Dyna-D.. Great for spamming Wildfire as well.. Would need heavier WSD + MAB sets to get closer to Gastra R15..

I have it as a toy..

It is a machine gun in itself but Path B is insanely faster fire speed like Gotenn says.. It's a machine gatling gun..

Definitely does not come close to beating Gastra in DPS.. Gastra is King...
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-05 18:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't listen to Syto he is full of ***.
[+]
 Cerberus.Resetti
By Cerberus.Resetti 2020-03-05 19:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »

hmm.

Lots of insane AE damage when using Scout's Bolts.. Has potential for a rapid fire Light AE damage DOT that is awesome to see in action in unique situations..

The content it's made for is definitely currently Dyna-D when your are hoping to stabilize and balance different WSD damages types for reduced WSD Decay...

When Decay is reduced with this, it Pushes Leaden Salutes Further to cap in Dyna-D.. Great for spamming Wildfire as well.. Would need heavier WSD + MAB sets to get closer to Gastra R15..

I have it as a toy..

It is a machine gun in itself but Path B is insanely faster fire speed like Gotenn says.. It's a machine gatling gun..

Interesting stuff! I was hoping maybe with the additional accuracy blind or sleep bolts would stick better or additional damage would give more hp back with bloody bolts. Oh well!
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2020-03-05 23:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm.

I have it as a toy..

Interesting stuff! I was hoping maybe with the additional accuracy blind or sleep bolts would stick better or additional damage would give more hp back with bloody bolts. Oh well!

No Difference with HP Drain Effect between Sharanga R25 and Gastra R15.. Tested on Abyssea trash mob.. Bloody Bolt used.. Same Gear.. No other buffs or atmas etc..

[+]
 Cerberus.Resetti
By Cerberus.Resetti 2020-03-06 02:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm.

I have it as a toy..

No Difference with HP Drain Effect between Sharanga R25 and Gastra R15.. Tested on Abyssea trash mob.. Bloody Bolt used.. Same Gear.. No other buffs or atmas etc..

Very great testing man! Thanks!!! :)
By Shichishito 2020-03-06 02:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Don't listen to Syto he is full of ***.
don't listen to fonewear he is full of... silicon(?), just stare at his avatar.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
By Galkapryme 2020-04-14 18:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The Path C Sharanga with Scout Bolts, to me, is better than Anni. The damage output is ungodly. The bolts alone are expensive as ***, but DEFINITELY worth it for end game content.
[+]
By Galkapryme 2020-04-14 18:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't speak on Gastra. I JUST got my first Mythic a few days ago, and it's Death Penalty. I figure Nirvana will be next...before I die.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-04-14 18:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Galkapryme said: »
The Path C Sharanga with Scout Bolts, to me, is better than Anni. The damage output is ungodly. The bolts alone are expensive as ***, but DEFINITELY worth it for end game content.
You're kinda missing the point of annihilator
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-04-14 18:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Galkapryme said: »
You're kinda missing the point of annihilator

Not to mention that parses of Sharanga vs other RMEAs have been done and it loses. The added effect might be really cool to see in a chatlog, but the lost damage on Weaponskills vs the associated RMEAs when our damage split as rangers is so biased towards those weaponskills puts it in an unfair situation.
[+]