Forum » Windower » Support » GS export all error
GS export all error
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-03-03 19:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever I try to do a gs export all on one of my chars, I get a "Lua runtime error: libs/extdata.lua:1490: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'cur_val' (a nil v" and it cuts off.

The code in question:
cur_val = math.floor(cur_val/(2^(8-((stop-1)%8+1)))) -- -1 and +1 set the modulus result range from 1 to 8 instead of 0 to 7.

If I comment out that line, it works, and the counts of exported gear looks good. I tried searching for this error, and there arent many instances of it. Heres what I found:

This post with no replies

This post as well, but I couldnt find any resolution looking at the follow up posts.

I'll go through my augmented gear to see what could be bugging out.

Additionally, this issue is also stopping //gs org from working with the line not commented out, and every time I start XI it wants to re-download the proper version. So I'd like to try find a resolution if possible.

edit: all the augs that were exported with the commented out line are accurate. Unless something that is auged wasnt exported with augs, which may be a pain to find.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-03 22:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

forgive me if I'm ignorant to this particular function but Export-all?

I've just been using //gs export this whole time to get raw copies of my sets, is there a //gs export all? O.o; What's it supposed to do?
 Lakshmi.Kyera
Server: Lakshmi
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2020-03-03 22:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
forgive me if I'm ignorant to this particular function but Export-all?

I've just been using //gs export this whole time to get raw copies of my sets, is there a //gs export all? O.o; What's it supposed to do?

"//gs export all" creates a lua file with every single item you have on your character, in inventory and all mog boxes.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-03-03 23:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I came back for free login period. I sent a friend old gearswaps of mine as starters, but they were outdated by about a year from when I originally quit, so I'm trying to put them back together. Its just a long process, and would like to try to do a bit of this at work when its slow.

I'm thinkin of resubbing for the time being when its up, I'm having fun rn
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-03-04 00:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

post the whole file
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Server: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2020-03-04 00:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Did it put any text into the export file? If so, what was the last item it wrote, and whats the next item in that sack/satchel etc.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-03-04 07:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
post the whole file

Bismarck.Chasuro said: »
Did it put any text into the export file? If so, what was the last item it wrote, and whats the next item in that sack/satchel etc.
From what I could tell, it exports fine, and nothing is missing.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-03-04 07:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

that looks like what it exports and won't tell us anything.
 Lakshmi.Kyera
Server: Lakshmi
user: Celina
By Lakshmi.Kyera 2020-03-04 08:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I came back for free login period. I sent a friend old gearswaps of mine as starters, but they were outdated by about a year from when I originally quit, so I'm trying to put them back together. Its just a long process, and would like to try to do a bit of this at work when its slow.

I'm thinkin of resubbing for the time being when its up, I'm having fun rn

Do you have gear in mog wardrobe 3 or 4 that you don't currently have access to?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-03-04 09:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyera said: »
Do you have gear in mog wardrobe 3 or 4 that you don't currently have access to?

I never got MW3 and 4, both are empty.

Ramuh.Austar said: »
that looks like what it exports and won't tell us anything.
Thats what I was afraid of. I can export on my other 2 chars without any error, so I dont think its some kinda of permission issue or something missing.

Is there any dev tools to try and find out why this error is being triggered?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-03-04 15:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

not that i know of. but a nil value would mean something doesn't exist. just looking at the bit of code you have in the OP, you're trying to declare cur_val and use cur_val in the formula. my guess is cur_val is not declared prior to that so it can't perform the calculation because there is no value for it.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-03-04 16:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
I'll look, its the same piece of code for all 3 chars running on the same box though.

function tools.bit.l_to_r_bit_packed(dat_string,start,stop)
    local newval = 0

local c_count = math.ceil(stop/8)
    while c_count >= math.ceil((start+1)/8) do
        -- Grabs the most significant byte first and works down towards the least significant.
        local cur_val = dat_string:byte(c_count)
        local scal = 1

if c_count == math.ceil(stop/8) then -- Take the least significant bits of the most significant byte
        -- Moduluses by 2^number of bits into the current byte. So 8 bits in would %256, 1 bit in would %2, etc.
        -- Cuts off the bottom.
->      --    cur_val = math.floor(cur_val/(2^(8-((stop-1)%8+1)))) -- -1 and +1 set the modulus result range from 1 to 8 instead of 0 to 7.
        end

if c_count == math.ceil((start+1)/8) then -- Take the most significant bits of the least significant byte
        -- Divides by the significance of the final bit in the current byte. So 8 bits in would /128, 1 bit in would /1, etc.
        -- Cuts off the top.
            cur_val = cur_val%(2^(8-start%8))
        end

if c_count == math.ceil(stop/8)-1 then
            scal = 2^(((stop-1)%8+1))
        end

newval = newval + cur_val*scal -- Need to multiply by 2^number of bits in the next byte
        c_count = c_count - 1
    end
    return newval
end

Thats the only code, and the arrow is the line I comment out to get //gs org and //gs export all to not hang.