Feb. 18, 2020 Version Update (Patch)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Feb. 18, 2020 Version Update (Patch)
Feb. 18, 2020 Version Update (Patch)
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-18 06:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Feb. 18, 2020 00:05 [PST] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
FINAL FANTASY XI Updated (Feb. 18)

A version update was performed on FINAL FANTASY XI at the following time.

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after the date and time below. After the following time, the update will automatically begin after you press the "Play" button. After that, please follow the instructions on the screen.

[Date & Time]
Feb. 18, 2020 0:00 (PST)

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Details]
The following issues were addressed.

- The remaining recast time displayed will be incorrect if a command is used for an ability that is still on cooldown.

- The alter ego “Yoran-Oran (UC)” disappears from the list and can no longer be called when “Sort” is used on the magic list.

*If you have been affected by this issue and the alter ego “Yoran-Oran (UC)” has disappeared from the list, you will need to "Sort" your magic list once the issue has been fixed to make it reappear. We apologize for the inconvenience.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-18 07:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So it was a server-side issue lol, never noticed, thought it was some change with windower libraries haha
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-18 08:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. I was just kind of waiting around for someone else to post about it on the windower forum thread here.

Also, Dec. 31, 1969 at 6:00:01 PM seems like such a specific time. I wonder what the meaning is behind it. Oh wait. That's when the second-hand servers that FFXI runs on were originally activated.

Not gonna lie. I'm shocked this actually got hot-fixed a few days after the bug was found. I REALLY expected them not to patch it until the March version update. That's how low my faith in the Dev "team" has sunk (sank?).
By Pantafernando 2020-02-18 08:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably its correct number in the wrong format, like when you change an excel date to number.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-18 08:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoops. I guess someone else posted about this in the Dev tracker thread about 5 minutes before I made this thread.

[+]
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-02-18 08:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It looks like a subtraction from a 0 valued date using standard unix time. Likely, there was a null that entered the calculation at some point or a value got canceled out when presenting the time stamp.

Stackovflow Question on Unix Time
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-18 08:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
So it was a server-side issue lol, never noticed, thought it was some change with windower libraries haha

If it was client side, im sure someone would have an addon for unlimited 1h
By Drayco 2020-02-18 11:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody else having issues logging back in? I keep freezing up on the transition from Play Online to FFXI.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-02-18 11:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

When I relaunched, it gave me a small FFXI (not POL) patch.
By Drayco 2020-02-18 12:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, I had a very quick update when I selected "play" in the FFXI launch screen in PoL. I tried logging in both on Windower and Vanilla, both froze at the same place.

So much for crafting during my lunch at work :-P
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-18 12:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably need to do a file check of POL and FFXI (in that order).
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2020-02-18 12:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

is anyone able to do the siren fight? i started the quest today, got up to the drifting feather (witnessed cs upon entering leaf land) and upon examining the spot, nothing happens. (not the text, just literally character looks up).

edit 1. have now waited a game day and zoned, still no cut scene. logged and shutdown.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-02-18 17:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've frozen three times today. Once when clicking a homepoint. Once when clicking my Mog Garden Moogle. Once when clicking my mog garden furrows. I wonder what they broke. >.<

Anyone else been getting stuck/locked after checking/clicking/trying to interact with something today?
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-18 17:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

And here I was thinking that SE caved already and was gonna gimp down the new DI dragon lol
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-18 17:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been black screened going into mog garden at about a 25% rate, across any and all accounts.

Other than that just standard crashing like always, no freezing/sticking/hanging
By Draylo 2020-02-18 19:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using dgvodoo and XIV up at the same time? That used to happen to me with the freezing. It could also be one of those HD dat mods doing it