First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-25 21:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I am honesty shocked that anybody is still doing Domain Invasion.

Gotta get dem beads to buy aeonics that they'll never use
[+]
By Rips 2021-08-26 03:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, it doesn’t take much to go stand there and get 100 points and go take a dump while everyone else kills the dragon for you.

Work smart. Not hard.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-26 03:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Common sense dictates to stock up as much as you can because you never know when those time gated currencies can become relevant again. And we surely know how those who have prepared for that get the head start.
By Shichishito 2021-08-26 04:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

you mean domain points getting more relevant in the future?
from the top of my head i can't remember about a currency SE made more relevant later on than it was in the beginning, even when it would have made sense. instead they make some new point system to ensure everyone starts at 0 and what ever new stuff they added keeps you busy for longer.

speculatively grinding points can also backfire, for example if they decide to add new equipment that makes wyrm ash crafts obsolete or if they decide to add wyrm ashes to ambuscade rewards... all that time spent devalued hard in a instant.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-26 05:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not limited to currency, but if SE understand that one content is supposed to be more spammed, they will do something to increase its attractiveness. Its common practice for a long time.

The most classical example ever: bayld and imprimateurs/coalition points.

Then you can consider all ergon related content: plasm, obsidian fragments. Some items like pulse weapon, WoE mats, crystal petrifact, even merits, job points. Deeds before Monberaux was reveleated, etc.

All those had some increased value overtime. Some more others less but generally people who had those in more quantity had the bonus of achieving a reward faster than others that didnt.
By Shichishito 2021-08-26 05:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

SE has the bad habbit of drip feeding new content instead of realsing the entire thing at once. since coalitions and all that stuff were part of the new audolin content it was kind of forseeable that it would channel at least in a some sort of accessory reward and the new jobs didn't have any REMA at that point either so...

DI is old content by now and i think we already have the complete escha content. i don't know what makes you believe they'd build on a excisting point system. SE already had the impression DI needs more spamming and what they did was adding domain points instead of letting ppl pay with their hoarded silt or beads.

deeds and monberaux is the only example i agree on, however the major landmarks they've added afterwards are all disappointing and if they plan to drop a bomb on deeds in the future they better add a catch up mechanic. someone who ignored deeds sofar can't even be sure that the servers are still running once he had the chance to reach it.

i'd be carefull with preemtive obedient farming, all i say is monstrosity.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-26 06:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You can even consider the entire game with the ranking system. Obviously its obscure and majority dont even care, but just that introduction added value to old ***quest from game beginning.

I myself took some months to get my medal of altana just because. That before RoV KI. In the end, i still think its pretty much useless. And the effort just wasted.

Its always hit or miss. The ones who hit the jackpot can walk with their trophies for weeks/months till the rest catch up. The losers just can lick their wounds.

Cest la vie

Shichishito said: »
since coalitions and all that stuff were part of the new audolin content it was kind of forseeable that it would channel at least in a some sort of accessory reward and the new jobs didn't have any REMA at that point either so...

Thats why i say its hit or miss. At that point it was all speculation. A lot of things were said and unsaid at that time. Population diminishing, etc.

Whats fact is how much drama went on those boards for the people who didnt had it done.

And dont forget that drama just got worse with Ygnas directive. That one im sure none could predict
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-26 07:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no way to know, but I can essentially 99% guarantee that wyrm ash will be in future synths.

And you may or may not wish you had a pile of that ***to sell when it's suddenly worth 50m again cause no one can get any.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-26 07:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree you should never incentivate someone to farm something that seems useless today.

But its also wrong to say with all letter thats useless forever because it can or cant be.

YOLO, etc.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-08-26 12:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
you mean domain points getting more relevant in the future?
from the top of my head i can't remember about a currency SE made more relevant later on than it was in the beginning, even when it would have made sense. instead they make some new point system to ensure everyone starts at 0 and what ever new stuff they added keeps you busy for longer.

speculatively grinding points can also backfire, for example if they decide to add new equipment that makes wyrm ash crafts obsolete or if they decide to add wyrm ashes to ambuscade rewards... all that time spent devalued hard in a instant.

moogle segments
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-26 13:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not the same situation. They made Moogle Segments early and told you they would be for something in the future. And then expanded the current content (Odyssey) to include more rewards/uses for the segments, which initially had no purpose.
By Meeble 2021-08-26 15:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, Pulse cells used to be relatively inexpensive lockstyle items, until...

[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-08-26 16:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

They made Cruor worth more later by adding Chocobo Blinkers in Scars of Abyssea, and then with the -90% brew cost KI in Heroes of Abyssea.
By Bongarippa 2021-08-26 17:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »

I mean, it doesn’t take much to go stand there and get 100 points and go take a dump while everyone else kills the dragon for you.

Work smart. Not hard.

Gets elvorseal, goes and takes a dump, come back to dragon at 100% because everyone prioritized pooping over fighting
[+]
By Rips 2021-08-26 18:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bongarippa said: »

Work smart. Not hard.

Gets elvorseal, goes and takes a dump, come back to dragon at 100% because everyone prioritized pooping over fighting

I said what I said and I don’t take it back.
By Pantafernando 2021-08-26 18:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you guys eating to take that much dump?
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-08-26 18:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
What are you guys eating to take that much dump?

Sausage, peppers and onions iirc
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-09-10 18:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Every time we’re 1 kill away from the 100/kill, Mireu spaws at the worst possible time and we lose it. We’re soon approaching the 4th time in a row. It’s really hard to give a ***anymore.

Called it, lost it again. Zero *** given all around lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-10 18:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The unity chat goes silent when mireu pops.

They should really fix that. You know how the leader is constantly spouting off random *** about random ***? They don't say a damn word when mireu is up sitting there.

How about a reminder, for the 3 people who can actually see it. (and whoever is paying for Whereisdi, if you could yell that mireu spawned, and repeat it every 10 minutes. you'd be a king)
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-09-10 18:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya, I saw one ***' dude say something in Unity while I was on my mule, so I logged over to my main and ran to Reisen. No Elvorseal notice so I thought I misread, checked Zi'Tah and got Elvorseal and Azi was up. Thought the dude was just trolling the Unity chat until I saw "1 kill" or whatever the hell it was. I'm thinking cool beans, nobody could have said anything earlier?
 Asura.Whereisdi
user: Kosumi
By Asura.Whereisdi 2021-09-12 20:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing around adding a timer to Mireu replies to better let people know how long ago he popped.

I'm not really interested in /yell notifications. I started this to reduce spam in /yell.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-09-12 21:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, I totally understand that. However.

A message like Mireu popping is the one thing that yell is supposed to be for. All the people *** after mireu despawns.. but no one can know the damn thing is up because they can't get into unity and they aren't going to tell you to find out, after they got their 1 kill.

Which is more obnoxious, an informative yell that benefits everyone, or the son of a *** despawning and screwing everyone.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-09-12 21:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Whereisdi said: »
I've been playing around adding a timer to Mireu replies to better let people know how long ago he popped.

I'm not really interested in /yell notifications. I started this to reduce spam in /yell.

Can you post a bar chart of the top 25 most popular messages Whereisdi gets PM'd

Ooh ooh or a word cloud
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
By Tokimemofan 2021-12-05 21:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve been tracking Mireu pops for several weeks on Asura and there is no way the often quoted pop rate of 3% is even close to accurate and I doubt percentage even factors in anymore. It has been a very consistent 500-600 domain invasion gap between Mireu pops or about 5 days. Since I noticed the pattern I have correctly guessed the pop date 5 times in a row starting with monster 87778 the most recent pop was 90064 time of death 5:56:36PM PST
Previous one was 89470 on Tuesday around 9AM and the one before was on thanksgiving around 3:30am
Most Mireu pops have been in Reisenjima
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-05 22:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If it were 3% it would spawn every day. So I don't know where you saw that but it should've been obvious. When it's lost it takes a month to get 5 kills back not 5 days.

It may have been 3% or worse in the beginning but it's been changed.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It went from spawning way too god damn much, to 1/600 so it takes 3000 kills to get back to 100 points
2020-03-04
Yoji_Fujito;625021 said:
▼ Adjustments to Mireu
Greatly Lowering Spawn Rate of Mireu
Mireu currently spawns as frequently as once per day and will be adjusted to appear far less often.
By Tokimemofan 2021-12-05 22:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If it were 3% it would spawn every day. So I don't know where you saw that but it should've been obvious. When it's lost it takes a month to get 5 kills back not 5 days.

It may have been 3% or worse in the beginning but it's been changed.
I’ve heard that from multiple sources and it’s pervasive enough that 2 people tonight were talking about it after the fight. My point isn’t about the accuracy of a number that is obviously wrong. If 3% were correct it would spawn 3-4 times a day which seems rather close to the pre nerf pop rate. My point is to actually provide real updated numbers. It’s clear that the average is 5 earth days or 500-600 domain invasions. I would expect the next one to be sometime on Friday in my time zone with a small possibility of late Thursday or early Saturday. Hopefully before server maintenance. It’s going to be a big problem if he pops before people get back on
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-05 22:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bongarippa said: »

Work smart. Not hard.

That's why they should make all NM into forced-poop NMs.
By SimonSes 2021-12-06 00:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I think % rate is way higher, but there is several days period when it cant spawn at all. Same like HNM kings in 75cap could only spawn instead of regular HNMs after 72h.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26