First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 24 25 26
 Asura.Wotasu
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-07-27 15:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I'll just point out... I've "fought" Mireu 5 or 6 times. I have never actually seen that damn dragon.
When that happens I usually run 50+ away from it and let ppl despawn, Mireu usualy the 1st to respawn after a few seconds when you're out of bounce
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-27 15:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

For those that don't know, if you run JUST far enough away to get the "leave the battle" message once, then come back, Mireu will load.
By Draylo 2021-07-27 18:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't always work, there probably is a limit and after that you can't engage.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-27 18:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Works every time. Running away unloads players and prioritizes mobs loading first. (I assume, anyway)

If it doesn't work, you didn't run far enough.
By Draylo 2021-07-27 18:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time I fought him I did it multiple times across multiple characters, did not work to spawn him. When you come late it seems almost impossible.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-27 18:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair it could be settings or luas or hardware or anything really. It never doesn't work for me. and all my ***is pretty standard.

rememberme? forgetmenot? whatever that thing is called? that lua that loads npcs that fail to load.

(could also be that I can run farther, faster, and get back without losing status, because, reasons)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-28 03:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I happened to "meet" Mireu only twice on Asura, had that addon loaded up and tried multiple things, even logging off and on etc, but nothing worked.
I couldn't see the target, I couldnt' assist, and there were so many people that I could see them engaged but not moving (no animations at all)
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2021-07-28 03:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Running well past out of bounds (over 50') and walking back has always worked for me for getting Mireu to spawn if I was late to the party. Can be done in all zones, for Reisenjima it's the wall behind the portal.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-28 03:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't work on Asura!
I guess it depends on how many people are there.
On Asura it's probably more likely to be above a certain threshold that makes you virtually unable to ever see/target Mireu compared to other servers.
By RadialArcana 2021-07-28 05:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe there is a cap on how many players are allowed to attack a monster at once, above that it just won't let you see it to engage.

32 or 64 maybe.
By SimonSes 2021-07-28 05:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Doesn't work on Asura!
I guess it depends on how many people are there.
On Asura it's probably more likely to be above a certain threshold that makes you virtually unable to ever see/target Mireu compared to other servers.

I heard many people saying it doesnt work on Bahamut too, yet I was able to always replicate it, so git gud. You need to just do like one yalm or less and wait few seconds for things to load, then move again and wait few seconds again for next things to load. You are probably moving too fast.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2021-07-28 06:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Works every time. Running away unloads players and prioritizes mobs loading first. (I assume, anyway)

If it doesn't work, you didn't run far enough.

^
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-28 06:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Real answer is to set your target to it's index in outgoing status update. Server always provides updates for your current target at a higher priority, and you don't have to move.

RadialArcana said: »
I believe there is a cap on how many players are allowed to attack a monster at once, above that it just won't let you see it to engage.

32 or 64 maybe.
no
[+]
 Bahamut.Aldy
Server: Bahamut
user: Aldy
By Bahamut.Aldy 2021-07-28 08:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had consistent success across multiple characters lately in seeing him by immediately holding and moving forward as you teleport to the fight. Do not hesitate and stand there any longer than is necessary, do not wait and call trusts.

He'll always appear for me first while the other PCs slowly begin loading after him, eventually and quickly blocking him out. This has been working for me even when bringing a character to the fight no matter how many others are already there.
By Pantafernando 2021-07-28 11:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the difference between being killed and watching being killed?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-28 11:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Whats the difference between being killed and watching being killed?

What do you mean? Other than a couple beads/silt/CP. nothing.

But. For the people that want to help speed up the kill by 5 seconds, instead of stand there for the 40 minutes, they want to.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-07-28 11:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Could also be the difference between timing out at 2% or killing it.

But it could also be the difference between some idiot flailing it and not flailing it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-25 10:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess we finally got back to the 100 points yesterday or so
By Pantafernando 2021-08-25 10:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-25 10:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It went from spawning way to god damn much, to 1/600 so it takes 3000 kills to get back to 100 points
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-08-25 10:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's once every 5 days -+12h or so.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-08-25 12:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time we’re 1 kill away from the 100/kill, Mireu spaws at the worst possible time and we lose it. We’re soon approaching the 4th time in a row. It’s really hard to give a ***anymore.
By Bongarippa 2021-08-25 16:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Every time we’re 1 kill away from the 100/kill, Mireu spaws at the worst possible time and we lose it. We’re soon approaching the 4th time in a row. It’s really hard to give a ***anymore.

Yea I stopped caring when our shitty server showed it couldnt consistently kill it to keep it at 100/kill. I'm not spending 2 hours a day getting 100 points for ash that doesnt sell fast anymore, and I'm sure a lot feel the same which is why mireu usually wins lol.
 Bismarck.Drakelth
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-08-25 17:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bongarippa said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

I rarely go out either, it would be worth the trip if it wasnt a buggy mess where 1 jackass can wipe the entire server and no one can see the mob.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-08-25 19:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ashes don't sell that well anymore and gil/effort ratio isn't that great either i suppose. if ppl wouldn't be limited to mostly omen swarts and odyssey farming after they done with ambu then most ppl wouldn't do dragons at all outside of campaigns.

the wyrm ash craft items are also priced out of this world, as if deflation never happened. either the few crafters who make them are too greedy or the NPC exclusive materials prices weight too much, maybe both.

imho those NPC materials should be down priced to 1/2 - 1/3 by now. i'm not sure how much gil the sparks bot army still flush into the system but it seems to be less than what the NPCs drag out.
 Odin.Foxmulder
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-25 20:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bongarippa said: »
I'm not spending 2 hours a day getting 100 points

Wut.

I ask my ls members if they know where it's occurring or toggling Unity on and off until Unity chat is available. I see a message. I go there. I AFK for 5-10 minutes. The first wave dies in 1-2 minutes tops. The dragon dies in just a few.

How are you investing 2 hours into this for your daily DI points?
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-08-25 20:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you afk for 5-10 minutes when it's 20/kill on Bismarck, the wave 1 mobs will still be up waiting for you.
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-25 20:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The AFK time was the time waiting for the first wave to show up. I actively engage the mobs and I'm done for the day on the first dragon.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-08-25 21:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I am honesty shocked that anybody is still doing Domain Invasion.
 Odin.Foxmulder
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-08-25 21:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairly active on Odin. When I first returned a couple of months ago after a ~2 year break, we didn't have the Mireu bonus. We haven't lost it since. I still have some items to snatch up (and even more on my alts) and wouldn't mind 1 more Aeonic after the current one I'm building.
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 ... 24 25 26