New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Dragon-Mireu
New Dragon-Mireu
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 24 25 26
By Spaitin 2020-03-04 21:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish they would add a cool vorseal for killing this mob, unless the points thing will be the vorseal.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-04 21:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That line about "should pop about once per day" is clearly wrong. Damn thing pops 5-6 times a day. If they meant it will be adjusted to once per day that makes more sense.

There's potential for a lot of point generation depending how they change it, problem is (right now) points aren't worth anything. That'll change when wyrm ash is added as an item for more than the 4 crafted items.

With that said, that doesn't make anyone care about KILLING it, only reaping the free rewards after the suckers kill it. You simps can go ahead and kill the mob, and then a thousand bots will get double DI points, sounds great lol. You literally screw yourself by making it easier for more people to collect ashes.

I really dont care if bots get more points....

Makes the items cheaper for me to buy, given all the other gear at 1000 pts is more important to me now anyway.
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-04 21:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't be a vorseal, since those are KIs and if his special chain breaks the bonus is lost. Maybe in another month or two they will, but I wouldn't ever bet money on that happening.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-04 21:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
Wish they would add a cool vorseal for killing this mob, unless the points thing will be the vorseal.

I think anything given in escha is unnecessary at this point in game. Game already got off escha, its already old content. Adding extra vorseal wouldnt be that much different than adding a new atma for abyssea or a new atmacite in VW
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-04 21:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

I think anything given in escha is unnecessary at this point in game. Game already got off escha, its already old content. Adding extra vorseal wouldnt be that much different than adding a new atma for abyssea or a new atmacite in VW

? Escha is still a current content type thing. Aeonics and abj gear are still top of the line gear, and there are still high end NMs within these that are difficult for players with current gear to do (properly, anyway. A lot we just brute force skip mechanics)
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2020-03-04 22:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just all too hilarious. They updated Mireu and then immediately nerfed (doesn't spawn that often) him like previously mentioned.

The "beyond" daily cap is probably the only real reward here if we knew what that was or cared to. Lets face it, its just a *** up DI update if I ever saw one when it probably never needed one to begin with. All together.

The ash and other point system bs should just have come from something else
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2020-03-04 22:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

? Escha is still a current content type thing. Aeonics and abj gear are still top of the line gear, and there are still high end NMs within these that are difficult for players with current gear to do (properly, anyway. A lot we just brute force skip mechanics)

Escha is current for returners, gil buyers, and mercs. SE tried to combat all issues into a brand new DI system and a NM; they failed
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-04 22:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

Escha is current for returners, gil buyers, and mercs. SE tried to combat all issues into a brand new DI system and a NM; they failed

Escha is still current for literally everyone, given literal endgame gear is obtained through it. They havnt really released anything directly above Escha NMs in difficulty or content reward level; only adjacent.

Its not like abyssea where you can walk in with bayld gear and solo everything. This is still actual raid content, ESPECIALLY if you do the fights proper and not just kill WoC by tossing smns at him until he dies.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-05 02:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
"beyond" daily cap

Mireu was defeated.

Player A has received 1 domain point
Player A has currently 81 domain points. Cap resets at JP midnight
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-05 05:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I really do hope it's 1 or 2 points over the cap per kill, that way when it ends up not dying during off hours, nothing of value is lost. If they do make it worthwhile, say 10-20, there is going to be some outrage if he can't be lowmanned.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-05 10:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding extra vorseal wouldnt be that much different than adding a new atma for abyssea or a new atmacite in VW
Adding a regain vorseal would be a nice QoL adjustment for Aeonic clears. (And could possibly help more people get their first Aeonic.)
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-05 16:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This is an odd question, but has Mireu been popping or did they push his new behaviors out before the maintenance? I'm doing my runs and the chain is at 157, and I've rarely seen it go above 30 before he spawned.

*Rereading the announcement, I assume it was changed pre-maintenance, but can I get a confirmation?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-05 16:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Adding a regain vorseal would be a nice QoL adjustment for Aeonic clears. (And could possibly help more people get their first Aeonic.)

if you still can't get your first aeonic, maybe you don't deserve one
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-05 16:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouch, sounds like I said that one.

Regain wouldn't do diddly *** anyway. It's not lack of tp keeping melee/ new people from killing albumen.
By Mrgrim 2020-03-05 17:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I would recommend people to bring a rdm when it comes to Aeonic clears. I can't believe how stupid easy fights become once you bring a rdm to aeonic clears. Silence literally makes WoC harmless, along distract to lower its eva. I'll be taking a couple of months break soon, but be4 that I might create some videos on clearing most NMs melee style showcasing how rdm can turn odds in your favor when it comes to those fights.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-05 17:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Can also land it on Teles which makes her literally just sit there if she does Manafont. lol
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-05 17:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes RDM has become overpowered

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-03-06 08:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Mireu just died on Bahamut. Lag fiesta would be an understatement to describe the scene. FPS went down to 1~2.2 till end of the fight, chat stopped working, and was only able to execute few commands, luckily WS was one of them.

Really looking forward to the update!

Well done to everyone who was there!
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-03-06 09:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My biggest complaint about Mireu is that the server can't handle the load. It wouldn't be so bad if you could:

A. Actually see/target Mireu (on Bahamut, most of the time you can't)
B. Have a decent FPS during the fight. One of my characters was just fully locked up the entire time. Like Balduran said, my commands were junk and luckily my WS button went through. I could barely pull up the chat log.

Mireu himself is tuned fine (though I feel bad for people in sub-optimal gear trying to hit the lad), but Mireu is the only time I experience any sort of lag in the game anymore and it's INTENSE.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-03-06 09:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So is it really just a matter of numbers for him then? Kind of disappointing, they could have scaled it better for lower participation counts (terror mainly).
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-06 09:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I just realized that with the bonus, over 80pt limit, gains from the chain... that's gonna tank wyrm ash prices even more than they already have for some reason.
By malakef 2020-03-06 10:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s somewhat a matter of numbers and somewhat a matter of buffs. The numbers thing though is two pronged. You need enough to help deal damage and then you need enough so that there are some people not targeted with constant terror para sleep spam below 50%. There is a limit on the number of targets those hit but since he spams them if you don’t have enough people that aren’t target by it then the fight comes to a stand still while everyone is terror.

This happened to us on I think Wednesday where we had maybe 50 people but once we got it to 40% the damn thing came to almost a full stop because of the terror para sleep combo. So 50 would have been more than enough otherwise.

Also can probably stop posting about Bahamut wins. The server has killed it dozens of times. I got 5 myself and missed half the ones people post about.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-03-06 10:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut just beat Mireu again. World first, I think.

Didn't manage to get a group screenshot afterward.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-03-06 10:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Bahamut just beat Mireu again. World first, I think.

Didn't manage to get a group screenshot afterward.

Tell me I'm pretty too please.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-06 15:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
B. Have a decent FPS during the fight. One of my characters was just fully locked up the entire time. Like Balduran said, my commands were junk and luckily my WS button went through. I could barely pull up the chat log.
Mireu is the only thing I still use Tako for. Using the "Hide Players" function helps with my FPS issues.
By Spaitin 2020-03-07 00:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

asura finally got mireu down to 98%
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-07 01:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

asura finally got mireu down to 98%

[+]