First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 24 25 26
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-18 03:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Ya devs thought about a monster but didnt thought about a way to kill it.
I think we could *almost* be fine with the high stats of this monster. HP might need a small tone-down, or maybe a smarter HP scaling with the amount of players, regardless of that I'm more or less fine with the high stats required to fight it and kill it.

What they should tone down is the damage he can deal though.
It becomes almost impossible to keep Trusts alive, if you die once you're dead for the rest of the fight because no way you're gonna survive while weakened, and so on.
The 50% DT Armor for Domain Invasion doesn't really change what I just said. It's more QoL than anything else, since you can reach 50% DT easily even without that armor (you just require more slots, but it's a minor difference in the end).

So yeah, they need to tone down the damage dealt by Mireu, especially by its AoE abilities, I'd be fine with high damage on single target I guess, gives Tanks a purpose in this fight.
By SimonSes 2020-02-18 03:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Songs/rolls from trust is not only a problem for dualboxers at Mireu, but also for coordinated groups making a serious attempt to kill it. Full power offensive songs and rolls are a big part of killing this in time and since it shows up randomly, you lose 15-30 minutes to even gather everyone to start is seriously.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-18 04:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with you it's a problem for "coordinated groups" as well as dualboxers but, again, it doesn't seem like a big deal to me?

Yes you're gonna have weak March1-2, weak madri1-2 and weak Chaos/Fighters, but so what?
Bring one BRD and use HM and 3 other different songs, plenty of options for useful songs that are not the ones used by the trusts.
If you wanna bring a Corsair, there's plenty of nice rolls to choose from that aren't Chaos/Fighters.

Most of all, coordinated groups need to bring GEOs, lotsa GEOs! XD

Not but seriously, as much as I agree this is annoying, it doesn't seem to me like it's the main factor why Mireu is so annoying to kill.
Surely you guys can't expect for them to find a "solution" for what indirectly becomes a mild problem on Mireu, but is normally quite nice in all other content that use the same tech (Trusts buffs shared among people even outside of pt, DI is not the only content with this feature)
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-02-18 04:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of interest how good is Trust +1 on the Domain Invasion gear, does Trust +1 improve their buffs or only their base stats. As a singular player with the quest completed and 5/5 Domain Invasion gear your trusts would be ilvl 129.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-18 04:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Afaik they only improve their max stats from "119 ilevel stats" to "120 ilevel stats".
What specifically this means I don't think anybody knows the details, but presumably it's a small bump in their base stats/hp/eva/acc/meva etc.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-02-18 05:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I just described number 2. You can have max 12 buffs of combined songs/rolls. Wether it's 6 rolls and 6 songs, or 11 songs and 1 roll, whatever, the combined sum of rolls/songs can't go above 12. If you cast a 13th, it will overwrite the oldest of your 12 rolls/songs buffs.
This is a thing, but trusts will never break this cap.
As I said before on average you get 2 rolls and 4 songs from trusts. Sometimes a bit more but it's usually at 6 total.

They 100% can thanks to all the trusts working together to screw you.

People with double BRD trusts out will give min mad 2march. BUT as soon as one of those PTs gets a bit beat up, you'll see 2x Paeon 2x Ballad added for 8 songs total across all the bards.

Qultadas are in a similar spot. They'll give some combo of Chaos, Fighter's, Hunter's but once MP get's low they'll add Evoker's for 4 rolls across all the Qultada's in attendance. And voila, you're song/roll capped.

Not an issue in normal DI since trusts shouldn't be entering oh ***mode and Hunter's/Madrigal are off the table cause your acc isn't crap. But Mireu has that WTF high evasion paired with MP strain which adds extra songs/rolls to what trusts will do.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-02-18 05:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

if you die once you're dead for the rest of the fight because no way you're gonna survive while weakened, and so on.

Well as much annoying its dying this is no issue as you can HP either Qufim, Misareaux or Lumoria, and just HP and get back. Certainly you will be back before you get unweakened if just accepting RR.

That also open up for desperate tactics in case in the future title means something: using 1h, HPing, reseting 1h, 1hring again. If youre that much desperate for the win, you probably can pull like a dozen 1h if you need.
By kishr 2020-02-18 05:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You all had plenty of time to buy all the trust gear, but instead you bought items to sell for gill.
Blame yourselves for being greedy.
I hope they change the dragon to unlimited time, so everyone is screwed.
Maybe people will learn to stop spike flailing.
By Aerix 2020-02-18 05:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
Didn't even get any Immunobreak messages.
Not sure about Addle, but Frazzle and Distract cannot proc Immunobreak.
To compensate for that SE gave those 2 spell categories an innate Macc bonus so that it sticks more easily even without Immunobreaks.

Would be curious to see if things are different for your RDM if you get a GEO in your pt with Focus and/or Languor!

Granted I guess that, if SE aren't stupid, Mireu probably gets a 75% nerf to debuff Bubbles like most recent content.

Pretty sure Addle 2 can get Immunobreak messages. And I mentioned in my post that I had Idris Focus/Languor support, although at the time I didn't know GEO debuffs were nerfed by -97% on Mireu (see Papesse's post).

But even so, with R15 Murg, Tropical Crepe and Idris Focus it should have been possible to land Distract/Frazzle even once without Stymie/Immunobreak, but nope. It's pretty much impossible outside of a fluke and doubly impossible for non-BiS RDMs.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-18 05:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Trusts were taking like 4500 per flail. Gonna need like +100 lv before they can take dmg they can recover. But if thats the problem, here is a better idea: buy the fast cast piece so you can recall them quickly before next tp move.

Plus, the DI gear is cheap, just need 2 or 3 days to grab anything worthwhile. The real problem is that the event per se isnt worthwhile.

About buying wyrm ashes, i agree with who did it for the first 2 or3 days. After that, im not sure if it sells reasonably in any server but asura
 Siren.Deltafoxz
Server: Siren
user: aashafox
By Siren.Deltafoxz 2020-02-18 09:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

No one has inventory for all the new DI gear. As it stands now too, spending 60 mins fighting that is still pointless when you could get all 80 points in under 40mins.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-18 09:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a fair point but another point you can make is that you wont need more than 4 pieces (PDT, WSD pieces, one weapon, one ranged if your char can use) and as most do DI daily so its a piece you use often, much more than some niche sets like extremelly high acc, idle when its fullmoon, tp set during rainy days, etc.

I know eventually I will end buying those pieces as they fix DI so im not trying to convince myself to not to buy them.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-18 10:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the DI gear is pretty average anyway. Only a few pieces are even useful.

--I can already get -50% damage taken from my normal malignance hybrid, and malignance is a far better TP set.

--Subtle blow is useless with 200 other people and 600 trusts feeding tp

--I have no use for fast cast on thief, and mages should already be capping fast cast in their precast set outside DI so it's redundant.

I have no reason to use most of the Heidreik pieces because my normal gear is actually better. I'd just macro the hands in for TP and feet in for weaponskill and ignore the rest of the set. The bigger issue is that the dragon has 150 million friggin HP and spike flail murders everything it hits. The DI gear would still only have minimal impact.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-18 10:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think fast cast is useful for recasting trusts, the DT set is cool because in this kind of fight its suposed to be under massive amount of Seltheus so you wont be meleeing for TP. Ideally im thinking this fight where you stand in a hybrid WS/DT set where you can constantly WS by so many revelation without worrying with swaps what can not happen due to massive lag.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-18 10:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Most of the DI gear is pretty average anyway. Only a few pieces are even useful.

Inb4 next update the fix for Mireu is that you can reforge/upgrade/augment DI gear.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-18 10:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can get the whole server to cooperate then sure, that may work. Maybe on smaller servers, but good luck with that on Asura. I'm not saying the DI gear has no redeeming factors, just that its applications are minimal. The DI bonuses the gear gives are a pile of stats and a specific trait. Most of those stat piles aren't useful to melee in and wont increase white damage or reduce damage taken by much. Max HP, strength, dex, accuracy and attack are the only revelant melee stats. The other stuff is just tacked on. And the thing is that a malignanace hybrid has a similar level of max hp and can cap -dt with a defending ring or moonlight ring accessories and gives overall better melee stat returns. Apart from the 50 store TP and 50 WSD there isn't a lot going on on the DI gear that I care about. The weapon is nice, but I think Tauret beats out or is at least extremely comparable to Volsupa Knife in damage, and that's just the ambuscade dagger. A dedicated player to their job should already have alternatives, especially if they have a full REMA, although they are pretty good weapons for the content if you don't have a ready alternative otherwise.

It's nice that the DI gear exists, but only a few pieces are essential. I'm glad for that though, because I have enough inventory to carry around as is.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-02-18 10:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the dragon has a ton of evasion so you basically need W3 buffs to hit the damn thing on top of the 150mil hp. DI gear's not really helping with acc issues.

Some of the weapons are potentially useful as offhands in DI.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-02-18 10:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also the dragon has a ton of evasion so you basically need W3 buffs to hit the damn thing on top of the 150mil hp. DI gear's not really helping with acc issues.

Exactly. Malignance has far higher accuracy than DI gear. A proper hybrid TP set is just better than DI gear on any job. You'd think if s-e was going to create gear specific for DI content the least they could have done was give it content appropriate stats. If the DI pieces had like 80-100 accuracy each I'd reconsider my stance. But as it is they're just a pile of random stats that don't actually contribute much to you doing what you need to do to kill the dragon.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-18 11:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
You'd think if s-e was going to create gear specific for DI content the least they could have done was give it content appropriate stats.

The way I see it, they made the gear to ease soloing of DI for undergeared players because they didn't expect us to show up to every single kill. I don't think it was ever meant to replace good gear for people who are up to date, though obviously a couple pieces can be put to beneficial use.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-02-18 14:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it looks like the DI gear, and DI in general, is a way to help new/returners gear up some by themselves. The DI gear helps them take on the wyrms solo/lowman. And then the 1k and 1.2k items are nice toys for already geared people so they do it too.

Of course, Mireu throws that on it's head since no way a new/returner is ever doing anything to Mireu's inflated stats. Although as one of my jp friends put it '15 years no test bakabaka'
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-02-18 16:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
15 years no test bakabaka
SE's mantra.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-02-18 17:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not every melee gets Malignance, and for them being able to cap 50% DT in a single slot allows you to go all out in accuracy in the other slots, more than making up for the low-ish accuracy on the body.

There's also the grip for 2-handers, which gives 80! accuracy.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-18 17:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How much is the accuracy on first hit in a WS? 100?

I guess those WS should work better than multihits WS. Or everyone get back to delve era farming NM outside and everyone subbing /THF
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-02-18 17:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Please don't try to convince people to make him Spike Flail.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-18 17:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of figuring out ways to fight it, just ignore it. It's stupid.

They'll have no choice but to change it.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2020-02-18 19:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way for the people who have killed this guy, how you guys get through the AoE terror, it just stops us dead in our tracks all the time, that 1min terror is just dumb. At this point we thinking of just using Scherzo and EA and just spike flail it to avoid the terror.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-02-18 19:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's single target
Mrgrim said: »
By the way for the people who have killed this guy, how you guys get through the AoE terror...

It's single target?
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2020-02-18 19:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
It's single target
Mrgrim said: »
By the way for the people who have killed this guy, how you guys get through the AoE terror...

It's single target?

Under 50% it gets upgraded to an AoE terror
By Mrgrim 2020-02-18 19:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's called Imposing Visage, AoE terror. Literally stops us dead since it lasts 30secs-1min. Starts doing it after 50% hp is taken off the dragon. Also my party used substantial MEVA equip along attunement.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 24 25 26