Best WS DD In The Game...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Best WS DD in the game...
Best WS DD in the game...
First Page 2 3 4
By Zillion 2020-02-05 22:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

so what would you guys say is the best DD in the game right now just based off of WS>SC spam? Not factoring tp speed but just pure damage output
By Crossbones 2020-02-05 22:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused, how are we supposed to not factor in tp speed into damage output, especially if you are talking about ws spam? Mnk for example has a playstyle where you gain dps by holding ws until you have higher tp, and they can spike ws dmg very high. War Sam drg and dnc have very good SCs and SC bonus dmg (not war), dnc can spike very high ws dmg and close for capped SC dmg pretty easily.
 Phoenix.Gennss
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: gennss
By Phoenix.Gennss 2020-02-05 23:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a cap of 99,999. And a lot of DD's can hit it. So in raw damage. Roll a die.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-02-05 23:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

BluE Mage
 Sylph.Sokku
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sokku 2020-02-05 23:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason the closet needs of ffxi will tell you just to google it without providing any real answers or meaningful response because they feel it’s beneath them.

Honestly the best gear comes from augments and in my personal opinion (take note that I don’t like playing with dps spreadsheets and enjoy spending my small amount of time playing the game). DRK is putting up some amazing numbers as well as Sam. I also played with a thief that had constant 70-90k weaponskills. Warrior is gimp af unless you are under ms or br. Can’t wait for someone to rip this post to shreds with their peen.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-02-06 00:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sokku said: »
Warrior is gimp af unless you are under ms or br.

As a War, this makes me sad. But it's true. Drk, Drg, Mnk, Dnc, maybe Thf will beat War when fully buffed and on equal playing field.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-06 00:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say magical WS can reach higher numbers more consistently than physical.
[+]
By Prong 2020-02-06 00:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, this thread again, Feb. 2020 version.

Commence the display of combative opinions with no numerical proof or testing to back them up.

"I play job XYZ and like, my buddy's <insert random job with no context> hits like <insert huge range of single damage numbers> so it's prolly better than <insert job I'm jealous of 'cuz I suck at it compared to others who play it>."
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-02-06 01:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Afania can make hot shot deal 104,000 something damage? So probably that?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2020-02-06 01:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Warrior is gimp af unless you are under ms or br. Can’t wait for someone to rip this post to shreds with their peen.
Consider it ripped, just isnt true. Balance on the heavy DD is pretty spot on.

70-90k weaponskills.
Not a good way to gauge DPS. and quite a few jobs can do that and still have low DPS. I mean, THF and DNC have been able to cap damage reliably for YEARS. War can do numbers like that with 2 different weapon types without might strikes. MNK can too during kicks and holding TP. Infact, all of them can if they want to hold TP. but yeah for DPS is is oddly balanced.

WAR SAM DRK MNK DRG all do about the same amount of damage except in weird situations. Anyone saying any of them are gimp "unless this" is just someone who doesn't know the other jobs at all.

The argument is no longer which DD does more damage. It is more of which DD brings more to the table OTHER than DPS.

This thread already answered the question. Up to you what you choose.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54386/what-heavy-dd-would-you-pick-and-why/5#3481693

WARNING, that thread got out of hand at the end lol. But the early pages got some good info.
[+]
By Spaitin 2020-02-06 02:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Zillion said: »
Not factoring tp speed but just pure damage output
Not sure why you wouldn't factor in TP speed? You said in a WC/SC spam but dont consider TP speed important? confused by your question. TP speed is one of the most important things to factor in when trying to get pure damage output. If you are talking capping the 99k thing. then sam/war/drk/thf/dnc/nin/cor/rng and maybe a few more like mnk/drg/rdm? etc can all cap dmg. War can do it with all damage types besides magic (still might be able to with magic). So for capping damage, it is a pretty large tie between a crap ton of jobs.

I personally think a better question these days is "what job is a better DPS for 'insert fight'?"

Or at least ask "which DPS does the best damage in a fight lasting x amount of time against a neutral target?" then explain what buffs you want them to get from support and if they have full access JA or not.

Odin.Senaki said: »
But it's true. Drk, Drg, Mnk, Dnc, maybe Thf will beat War when fully buffed and on equal playing field.
That is a big lol no. Not remotely true. DNC and THF dont even come close unless doing something weird like a fight that lasts 1 WS each. . When equally buffed all of them deal equalish damage (except thf and dnc, they fall WAYYYY behind drg/mnk/drk/war/sam). The only variance is the duration of the fight.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-02-06 04:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

As Spaitin said, this has already been thoroughly discussed very recently. That thread very thoroughly answers your questions.

Small chip in: WAR has very consistent and very high WS Damage and DPS with several different weapon types. This point is so blatant that any WARs you’ve seen that made you come to this ridiculous conclusion are simply weak. There really is no getting around this.

Add also that it’s benefits of Enfeebling WSs, Warcry’s TP Bonus, and Bloodrage adds to the group DPS; quite substantially in Warcry’s case.

That said, is there any way for an admin to lock this thread and put a redirect to the one linked above? This was literally up like 2 weeks ago lol
[+]
By HyperKTM 2020-02-06 04:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor>mnk>sam>drk
By Zillion 2020-02-06 05:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

lets just say hypothetically you were getting 500+ tp per swing what would be best to spam is what i should have said sorry
By Mattelot 2020-02-06 05:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tachi: Fudo!
By Drayco 2020-02-06 06:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK and Guillotine spam because that WS sound is so nostalgic.

GAwoosh! Woosh! Woosh!....WOOSH!
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-02-06 06:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Mattelot said: »
Tachi: Fudo!
No red lotus blade onry!
By ashcrow 2020-02-06 07:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol Eden server was shut down by Square C & D is that old news?
By aashafox 2020-02-06 08:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tachi: Wiff
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-02-06 08:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss Tachi: Gekko.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-02-06 08:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They're all good. Good luck have fun
 Bahamut.Minimuse
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-02-06 09:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Without topnotch support, all DD and WS are useless.
 Odin.Willster
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2020-02-06 09:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Warrior is gimp af unless you are under ms or br.

As a War, this makes me sad. But it's true. Drk, Drg, Mnk, Dnc, maybe Thf will beat War when fully buffed and on equal playing field.
What....wtf is this?
By Shichishito 2020-02-06 09:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

since some are occasionally already capable of hitting cap numbers the question is will SE remove the 99.999 damage ceiling?
if no cause PS2 limitations there might be a era of SAM and lolDRG(?) as the undisputed DMG kings ahead of us cause gear progression will eventually make everyone hit the cap and at that point TP generation is everything.

once they'll fix that and everyone pumps out 99999s equally fast it will be all about that white dmg and MNK will reign supreme again.

unless ofc they come up with some lazy nerf that weewee blocks us from hitting the cap consistantly. at which point i expect everyone to quit cause lets be honest, them sweet 99999s make everyones e-peen throb harder than reddit gold for your latest poop post. its what all of us have been working towards the last ~2 decades!
amiright?
By SimonSes 2020-02-06 09:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
That is a big lol no. Not remotely true. DNC and THF dont even come close

I feel that this gap exists only if you take Warcry WAR vs non Warcry DNC (just to be clear if both has warcry, WAR will also be better, because it gets more from warcry then DNC, unless DNC can't use Centovente). Upheaval damage is not really that amazing without Warcry (even with Chango TP bonus). Same goes for really every other DD beside MNK. Torcleaver is nothing amazing at 1000TP, Insurgency too. Impulse Drive too. Fudo also (tho SAM tp gain will very often give you very big TP overflow). DRG is somewhere between, because doing jumps also creates high TP overflow. Only Vsmite is able to keep amazing avg without Warcry and at low TP. For WAR loosing Warcry is a big hit to DPS.

That being said most end game currently let you full time Warcry. Because most end game is zerg type fights, so I understand from where your impression of jobs not really taking big advantages from Warcry is coming from (especially as you are mostly WAR player).
 Bahamut.Nikkije
user: nikkije
By Bahamut.Nikkije 2020-02-06 09:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh .... this question again. Don't people know not to come on here asking stuff like "who's the best DD" or "who uses the best WS with the huge spikey numbers" ??
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-02-06 09:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

lets just say hypothetically that brd is the best dd.

What would you say is the best dd now?
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-02-06 09:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Zillion said: »
lets just say hypothetically you were getting 500+ tp per swing what would be best to spam is what i should have said sorry

Stacked WS with DNC or THF, probably, but that's just big spike numbers and not raw dps.

Best DDs right now are MNK/SAM/DRG/WAR/DRK. A fight may favor one over the other but they are pretty balanced overall and each brings unique elements as a DD.

All other DDs are somewhere behind these.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4