Leviathan.Darthmetal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Darthmetal 2020-01-15 18:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Having an issue with shortcuts. When i cast a spell i get this
>>/ma Phalanx
>>A command error occurred

The spell casts fine it just spams the chat log. It fixes by just reloading the addon but its a bit of a pain to have to that everytime.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-15 18:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

because /ma phalanx <me> would be the vanilla way to cast, so the game itself thinks you're trying to cast phalanx without a target. the point of shortcuts is to do something like //phalanx anyways, I think. i don't use windower so I could be wrong on the commands
[+]
 Leviathan.Darthmetal
By Leviathan.Darthmetal 2020-01-15 18:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I get what your saying but I've used it for a long time and all my macros are still the same. It has only been doing that for like the last month. I would think the same if just reloading didn't fix it.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-15 19:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Darthmetal said: »
I get what your saying but I've used it for a long time and all my macros are still the same. It has only been doing that for like the last month. I would think the same if just reloading didn't fix it.

For macros, I've always built them with vanilla text- just the way the game "expects" it. For quick casting, I take advantage of the shortcuts abilities without needing everything, say being on RDM not as the main healer but needing to heal Kingkitt because he's a crazy DD with no self control:

//cure4 kingk

^^
By Mafai 2020-01-15 19:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shortcuts hasn't had a change in 2 years. That's not to say another change didn't effect how it's working though.

If you are using macros, just fix your macro. The whole point of shortcuts is for quick casting manually.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-15 20:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

For macros, I've always built them with vanilla text- just the way the game "expects" it. For quick casting, I take advantage of the shortcuts abilities without needing everything, say being on RDM not as the main healer but needing to heal Kingkitt because he's a crazy DD with no self control:

//cure4 kingk

^^
now that he has moonshade he can actually do enough to get hate
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-15 20:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

//cure4 kingk

^^

Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-01-15 21:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

//cure4 kingk

^^

Bunch of haters, I've got 5 moonshades now!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-16 07:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

just try /phalanx and see if that works. I have never used the /ma syntax when using shortcuts and never had an issue.