How Can I Fix Screen Res With New FFXI Config?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » How can I fix screen res with new FFXI config?
How can I fix screen res with new FFXI config?
By cheyrn 2019-12-22 19:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've installed retail ffxi on a laptop. There's no more separate resolution for UI elements in Final Fantasy XI Config. How can I have full screen windowed resolution that isn't the top left corner of the screen, only, or has microscopic menus?

And use Windower.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-12-22 20:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You can change all that when you open up Windower launcher. You can bump up the scaling if the font is too small.
[+]
By cheyrn 2019-12-22 21:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you elaborate? At 1x UI scale, the screen is about 1/4 of the upper left corner. At 3x UI it's about 1/16th of the upper left corner.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-12-22 21:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

When you open up the launcher, click the the pencil icon to edit the profile and see what your resolution is set at. You can change if you want it full screen, windowed, borderless window, etc. If you run a 1920x1080 resolution and the font is too small, that’s where the scaling helps if needed.
[+]
By cheyrn 2019-12-22 23:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone?
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-12-23 03:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a similar issue where Windows automatically adjusts the size of the OS UI due to a 4k screen. Check the control panel to see if it has adjusted it and, if so, tweak that to see if it helps.
By cheyrn 2019-12-23 13:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. Without windower and after using Final Fantasy config, after having used windower and closed the program, increasing UI scale (in Final Fantasy config), gets me full resolution borderless window with larger menu fonts. But, if I use windower after that, I'm back to only seeing the upper left corner of the screen on my display.

Scale and layout, in settings doesn't change.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-12-23 13:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your Windower resolution set at?..........
[+]
By Aomrep 2019-12-23 15:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

cheyrn said: »
Thanks. Without windower and after using Final Fantasy config, after having used windower and closed the program, increasing UI scale (in Final Fantasy config), gets me full resolution borderless window with larger menu fonts. But, if I use windower after that, I'm back to only seeing the upper left corner of the screen on my display.

Scale and layout, in settings doesn't change.
I hd this exact problem on my GPD Win. You’ll have to manually set the resolution in the settings.xml file in the widower folder. For some reason it kept changing the 1280x720 to 128x720. Once you change it in the settings.xml it should stay put at, in your case 1920x1080 or whatever you choose for your resolution.
By cheyrn 2019-12-23 17:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That seemed hopeful, but still no luck... Here is my settings.xml:
Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<settings>
  <profile name="2736x1824">
    <consolekey>Backslash</consolekey>
    <uiscale>1</uiscale>
    <bumpmapping>true</bumpmapping>
    <width>2736</width>
    <height>1824</height>
  </profile>
</settings>

I noticed that registry settings for menu width/height get set to zero after windower has run, or maybe after ffxi runs. I'm getting the registry settings from the Graphics page of another website that rhymes with: Eh, f..feck. Sigh. Clyclops quesadilla.

But it's the screen width/height causing a problem, at the moment.

Ok, window mode at 1920x1080 works. So, I can use that. Borderless window, still doesn't work at that resolution.