Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Christmas
Christmas
By Draylo 2019-12-15 15:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What do people get these days for Christmas? I usually get gift cards but I feel people like to open stuff up so I got some other things. Ended up spending a lot this year lol but mainly on the kids (got a switch and mario kart for them.) Always curious on new ideas, what did everyone get ?
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-12-15 15:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Son in-law wanted a switch and let’s go: eevee so I went the same route as you. Daughter in law wants to get into photography so we got her a strong canon DSR

I usually browse Etsy for handmade custom items though, sister loves cherrim so she’s getting a black mug that colour changes to a white mug with cherrim smiling on the side when hot lol

S.O. loves dratini as Favorites Pokémon and game of thrones, so this is her stocking stuffer

[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-15 16:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I just discovered Etsy recently, its really cool. THe only issue is the stuff takes forever to ship and arrive so I didn't plan ahead this time to make use of it. The rest of the stuff I've been grabbing off Amazon.

Jeeze, some pricey gifts. Do you have a lot of family? I'm planning to buy for about 3 kids and 4 adults.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-15 16:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know that, so do the sellers try to compensate by increasing costs or shipping costs?
By Josiahafk 2019-12-15 17:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
I just discovered Etsy recently, its really cool. THe only issue is the stuff takes forever to ship and arrive so I didn't plan ahead this time to make use of it. The rest of the stuff I've been grabbing off Amazon.

Jeeze, some pricey gifts. Do you have a lot of family? I'm planning to buy for about 3 kids and 4 adults.
yeah it was pretty costly, thankfully no I dont usually buy a lot of gifts. everyone else is getting a bunch of ~30 dollar stocking stuffers instead of any big gifts like the kids. One loves 14 and the fat cat minion so they're getting a keychain of him too etc, small items that jump out during browsing

the cherrim mug is coming from poland so it's slow as ***, but you can sort to "only show me hand made items from my country" or any other settings, meaning they will be shipped really fast compared to globally.

and of course if you buy something like a hand made leather journel with like ~20 letters customized added to the front of it, definitely wouldnt arrive soon or quick at all etc
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-15 18:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Eevee, Cherrim, and Dratini? Lots of pokemon gifts then. You should get a gift based on this pokemon:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2019-12-15 19:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
What do people get these days for Christmas? I usually get gift cards but I feel people like to open stuff up so I got some other things. Ended up spending a lot this year lol but mainly on the kids (got a switch and mario kart for them.) Always curious on new ideas, what did everyone get ?

It's not Christmas yet I'll get back to you.
By Josiahafk 2019-12-15 20:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Etsy is expensive because if you sell things on there you have to give them something like 30-35% of the sale price (compared to 10% on eBay, 15% on Amazon). If you see something you like on there try googling the name of the product or the seller's page name, often you can find them selling via other platforms cheaper or directly through their own websites for much cheaper.
Quote:
As of 2019, Etsy charges $0.20 for listing fee, 5% transaction fee, and 3 % + $0.25 payment processing fee.
By Draylo 2019-12-15 21:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So that is comparable to others.
By sumo 2019-12-15 23:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my wife a 3d printed sculpture of me and our son so that she could see him even when shes at work. Im usually pretty terrible at gifting but I think I might win with this one.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-12-16 11:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Christmas sucks!

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Msmissy
user: msmissy
By Asura.Msmissy 2019-12-16 11:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Etsy is awesome if you have crafters (knitters or crochet etc come to mind) to shop for. Specialty items that you really can’t get anywhere else. Stitch markers, hooks or needles, blocking boards etc. I always ask for stuff from there, but my guys are horrible last minute shoppers.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-12-16 12:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
For my friends I usually buy ... games on steam.
Have I ever told you how much of a dear friend you are to me?
By BlaTheTaru 2019-12-16 12:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my daughter everything to build her own desktop PC. Nothing fancy just a ryzen 3 third generation cpu and micro atx tower/motherboard. Shes almost 12 and helped me put my wifes pc together. She seemed really interested in how it all works so I figured id give it a shot.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2019-12-16 13:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get airpods pro they suck and never stay in the ears.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2019-12-16 14:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the bluetooth dongle for switch? I wouldnt mind having that.

Yeah the airpod pro comes with 3 different sizes but I have tried all of them and they just keep slowly slipping out of my ears... Never had any issues with the previous airpod 1 or 2. Very frustrating to have to constantly keep pushing them in my ear.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Draylo 2019-12-16 15:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said: »
HomeSpot Bluetooth

Kinda rolling the a dice a little on how well it will work. I'm sure there's a grip of options to do the same thing.

Since it's switch talk and Christmas ideas, we got one of these:
Satisfye Nintendo Switch Grip

I have larger hands and I find the switch controllers impossibly small. Wife seems to like it because it props up the switch better for her and it took no time for her to get used to it. Downside is you have to remove it to charge on the dock.

It seems to have good reviews, I think I'll try it out. I still carry an old corded android headphone for my switch but would be nice to use a cordless headphone.

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2019-12-17 14:57:49
Link | Quote | Reply

They have neat airpod cases on there too that I saw, but a lot are being resold for double price on Amazon with double the shipping, maybe chinese resellers?

Quote:
I need to check this if it has changed so much. How can they charge so little when even eBay is 10%?

In 2016 when I wanted to sell things on Etsy I remember I had to sell 30% above direct sale price to alleviate the fees.

What did you sell on there?
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2019-12-17 20:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said: »
Got the wife some wireless sony earbuds, and a bluetooth Nintendo Switch dongle to work with it. She loses her mind trying to deal with headphone cords on pc/switch/using phone going to sleep.

Most importantly though I got her a bunch of cat refrigerator magnets.

I was going to get those magnets but I was scared off by the poopy reviews, let me know if they're good!

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.