Change Domain Invasion Into Weekly HELP!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Change Domain Invasion Into Weekly HELP!
Change Domain Invasion Into Weekly HELP!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-12-10 23:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If you hate the idea of daily Domain Invasion as much as me, please upvote this post on the OF to have them change it to weekly.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56255-New-Domain-Invasion-Needs-to-be-Weekly-not-Daily.?p=622560#post622560
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-10 23:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

7 Straight hours for 560 points once a week VS one hour a day (and the things you can get don't really seem all that important). Just remember how people used to complain about Abyssea Traverser stones being restocked slowly and now everyone probably has thousands. This is new. Your points will build up. If you really want those Wyrm Ashes asap, you'll put in the daily work. If you don't care that much, eventually you'll get to 1,200 (I think that's what they cost).

Edit: Also, AFAIK the only thing other than Wyrm Ashes and the domain invasion specific stuff can be obtained at a rate as fast as you can kill the NMs for their drops (or pay mercs to kill for you), so you're not really missing much there. Beads on the other hand. Oh lawd Jesus. There was a fire.
[+]
 Asura.Superiority
By Asura.Superiority 2019-12-10 23:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

100 beads a fight seem way *** worse.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-10 23:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Superiority said: »
100 beads a fight seem way *** worse.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-12-10 23:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
7 Straight hours for 560 points once a week VS one hour a day (and the things you can get don't really seem all that important). Just remember how people used to complain about Abyssea Traverser stones being restocked slowly and now everyone probably has thousands. This is new. Your points will build up. If you really want those Wyrm Ashes asap, you'll put in the daily work. If you don't care that much, eventually you'll get to 1,200 (I think that's what they cost).

I don't see how them changing it to weekly forces you to do it all in the last 7 hours. You'd still have the ability to do it once a day for 80 points if you desired, but not everyone can play every single day and even if they can they don't want to do an hour of Domain Invasion every single day.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-12-11 00:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

A weekly or even monthly limit is much more reasonable, aswell as upping the hp of these guys as, basically no time now to build any pts for beads since they die in less than a minute, its that or raise the minimal bead amount which i doubt anyone would complain about either.
By Draylo 2019-12-11 00:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly so tired of daily crap, I've begun to ignore most of it because I just don't have the play time I used to but its quite annoying tbh.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-12-11 00:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Honestly so tired of daily crap, I've begun to ignore most of it because I just don't have the play time I used to but its quite annoying tbh.

This game was so much nicer when chocobo raising and 20 hour Adventuring Fellows were the only daily thing you really needed to bother with (and both were optional and didn't really matter much). Actually chocobo raising menu was tedious AF and the Adventuring Fellow turned out to be totally worthless. Womp womp!

Hey, at least we're not waiting on 30 minute windows hoping our HNMLS will get claim on a land king and we're not running around opening and closing doors so people can get to Byakko.

Edit: It's obvious this new system is borked beyond belief so I'm really hopeful that they will adjust it in some way. Maybe your suggestion will help, but there is still more room for improvement on beads (which are kind of the important thing about DI). *shrugs*
By Chimerawizard 2019-12-11 01:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Except if you don't spend your traverser stones, they accumulate.
If you don't gather your DI points, you'll never obtain a stockpile.

Also, if this were changed to a weekly limit, you'd have at least 7 chances to get a full 80 points in a fight, instead of the current max of a single fight where you can get 80; after which you're guaranteed to get throttled if you get double killshot.

edit: one more benefit.
if it were to change to a weekly cap, mid-week would usually see far fewer doing DI as one portion would get it done early in the week (sunday~monday) and the rest would wait to the last minute (friday~saturday).
This means there'd be a lull where it's easier to farm for beads.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-11 01:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

On small servers this Domain Invasion change is nice I guess, granted I'm not a fan of this daily crap myself, but on Servers like Asura and similar it's like hell.

I'm sure adjustments are gonna come but we'll have to wait january or february.
Realistically february I'm afraid.

Hope I'm wrong :(
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-12-11 02:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta love dem dailys. Pile em on.

Oh, yeah, time gate me harder. Right there.
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2019-12-11 05:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Gotta love dem dailys. Pile em on.

Oh, yeah, time gate me harder. Right there.

Would you time gate me? I’d time gate me.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-12-11 08:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont get the daily points limit. We need hourly point limits. 10 points per hour, 8 hour max per day. I know each fight gives 20 points but we need to extend people doing content some how!
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-12-11 08:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
I dont get the daily points limit. We need hourly point limits. 10 points per hour, 8 hour max per day. I know each fight gives 20 points but we need to extend people doing content some how!
Einherjar says hello. I told it to *** off with its hour lock out.
[+]
 Sylph.Banhammer
Server: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2019-12-11 08:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the daily system is probably in place so that regular players are always there killing the dragon for newbies or casuals. The entire system is setup so that new or returning players can gear up fast.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-12-11 08:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus, make the hourly limits a random low chance to earn them.
 Phoenix.Erics
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-12-11 08:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Plus, make the hourly limits a random low chance to earn them.
Make it 10% base chance with the ability to spend 10 domain points for a temp Ki that increases the chance to obtain domain points by 500%. Then when you try to spend domain points for items you have a 50% chance to lose the points without obtaining the item.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-11 09:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
On small servers this Domain Invasion change is nice I guess, granted I'm not a fan of this daily crap myself, but on Servers like Asura and similar it's like hell.

I'm sure adjustments are gonna come but we'll have to wait january or february.
Realistically february I'm afraid.

Hope I'm wrong :(

You keep saying its better on small servers, but this isnt true. Anyone capable of doing aeonic is capable of doing dragons. This cut the number of spawns to barely over 1/3, the only people who will see any benefit as far as beads are those who couldnt fight them at all. People who couldnt have done aeonic anyway.

Also, thus far every spawn on Leviathan has died in sub 20 seconds.
By Kilobyte 2019-12-11 09:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragon HP should scale indefinitely based on the amount of people participating.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-11 11:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Anyone capable of doing aeonic is capable of doing dragons.
I respectfully disagree.
I've done countless Aoenic, among the first on the server.
I can't realistically solo a dragon from 100% to 0% just myself with trusts.
It takes way too long.

I just gave up when it happened, it's too boring and slow and more often than not I was timing out, requiring me to wait 15 mins for the dragon to pop again at the same HP it was whe I timed out, to finally kill it.

If this happened on the highest population server (Asura) I can only imagine it being only worse on servers with a much smaller population.

As a matter of fact multiple players with no multibox and who are from such servers already said they find the situation overall better than it was before.
I have no troubles understanding why.

Anyway, while secondary, there were other uses for beads. Gear upgrades for instance.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-11 11:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't realistically solo a dragon from 100% to 0% just myself with trusts.
Can you solo an aeonic from 100% to 0% just yourself with trusts? Surely the people you're doing aeonic with also need beads..?

As a matter of fact multiple players with no multibox and who are from such servers already said they find the situation overall better than it was before.
I have no troubles understanding why.
Can you produce a single example of this? Leviathan is the 3rd lowest population server and the dragons have still been instantly dying, you can only get 111 beads per kill. It isn't my army of chars either, I don't bother engaging because denying anyone else the bonus DI points is silly when I will have to do all 4 regardless.

Anyway, while secondary, there were other uses for beads. Gear upgrades for instance.
You easily get enough beads to upgrade your omen gear from bead pouches doing gain or various gaes fete NMs if you're at all active. It's not really another use, casuals aren't spending 10-15k to skip the game day waits.

Let's not forget, even if it takes you 2 spawns to kill a dragon, that's still 1k beads in an hour. Realistically, if nobody is doing any of them, you can poke naga halfway, go kill quetz, finish naga, kill quetz again in an hour. I can't fathom how someone with recent gear is struggling to kill quetz in 1 respawn. That's potentially 3k beads an hour, since you'll easily cap evaluation.

As is, you cannot get more than 400-600 because the dragons are dying instantly.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-11 11:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Surely the people you're doing aeonic with also need beads..?
No, that wasn't the case, and the points still stand that it was a pain to do solo because nobody else was there.

Whatever your reasons for soloing may be (Gear, Beads, pure fun if you're a masochist) the point still stands.
Now all these people, again whatever their reasons may be, can do Domain Invasion just fine and also enjoy a plethora of new gear.

It's fine for them.
The problem is... everybody else, us.

Quote:
Can you produce a single example of this?
There are multiple posts on FFXIAH, Guildwork and Reddit.
I clearly remember at least one of these posts that you replied to, trying to change their mind but the guy kinda ignored you.
They're out there, I'm sure you have the means to find them.
Either way I'm not sure I get the point of this question of yours.
Were you implying I was lying by claiming I've read about people playing on low population servers who claimed they're moderately happy about the change?
Like, what would I even gain in spreading this if it didn't happen?
Let me remind you I'm *against* this new system and the daily cap, I'm not advocating for it nor I'm saying it's a nice change from which I gained benefit in any way, because it's quite the other way around.

I was just saying that it was probably fine for some small servers around there, clearly not the highest population servers and, clearly, not Leviathan's case either. If you so claim I have no reason not to trust you.

Quote:
You easily get enough beads to upgrade your omen gear from bead pouches doing gain or various gaes fete NMs if you're at all active.
Not that I've been in trouble or anything but:
1) I'm JP capped on the jobs I wanted to be capped
2) I don't need aeonics
3) I don't need Reisen gear

I had to farm Beads once for that very purpose.
Granted it's been only once and it lasted me for a plethora of Omen upgrades, but just saying.

I think before the last patch I was down to something like 2k Beads lol

Quote:
casuals aren't spending 10-15k to skip the game day waits.
You'd be surprised :D
But then again "casuals" is such a huge group, so many different people in there, it truly is a very wide category.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-11 12:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

There are multiple posts on FFXIAH, Guildwork and Reddit.
I clearly remember at least one of these posts that you replied to, trying to change their mind but the guy kinda ignored you.
They're out there, I'm sure you have the means to find them.
Either way I'm not sure I get the point of this question of yours.
Were you implying I was lying by claiming I've read about people playing on low population servers who claimed they're moderately happy about the change?
Like, what would I even gain in spreading this if it didn't happen?
Let me remind you I'm *against* this new system and the daily cap, I'm not advocating for it nor I'm saying it's a nice change from which I gained benefit in any way, because it's quite the other way around.
I don't recall seeing any posts saying it was easier from experience, just some speculation. If your argument is that other people have said it's easier, then you should be able to produce those people saying it.

The posts I've observed mostly agree that it made beads worse and was not a particularly well designed event to begin with.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-11 13:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, the better solution to beads isn't to ask for changes to DI. It's to make beads more available from other means (and these would be worthwhile suggestions even if DI hadn't changed at all, but even more reason to do it now that they've affected DI wyrm bead farming) like:

• Increase the amount of beads gained from killing normal mobs or Geas Fete NMs

• Change Bead Pouches to significantly increase quantity received (making the kill 10 of 'X' mob RoE that provide pouches as a reward a good source of farming beads)

• Add Bead Pouches (changed to give more beads) as rewards for stuff like Ambuscade points or monthly login points.

• Allow copper vouchers to be converted to beads

I'm totally fine with DI requiring 12.5 days of 4 dragon kills to get a 1000 point accessory - the time requirement seems reasonable enough given the number of worthwhile accessories, getting 2-3 a month is fine with me (not much different than something like a limit on how many Ambu armor/weapons can be created with a month's worth of points). I'm fine with the items not being same account sendable. I'm fine with this being an alternate source of existing Geas Fete drops.

Not surprised in the slightest that they would want to encourage daily play (and another time sink to hold us over until whatever 20th anniversary content/inevitable Empyrean armor+3, etc) - despite some people here not liking it, that aspect was pretty obviously an intentional decision.

I don't necessarily love locking a crafting item (and by extension, the 4 new crafted accessories) behind a DI-points only item, but we'll see how that plays out with inevitable DI bots, activity level once people get over the newness of the DI changes, etc. And I'm not too bothered, since I don't think 3 of the 4 new craft items are really that amazing anyway:

• Gerdr belt (the DW one) is hard to fit into practical sets

• Skrymir Cord (MAB/Macc/MDMG waist) is... a nice option for Helixes I guess, but far from essential since it's not that hard to cap Helix DoT damage without it.

• Balder Earring (STP/multiattack ear), particularly the NQ version, doesn't look significantly better than existing BiS sets with stuff like Dedition, Telos, Cessance, Brutal, Sherida

• Aurgelmir Orb (both NQ and HQ) is pretty nifty though!

[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-12-11 13:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

They should just delete this ***and revert it back

Its *** a slap to our faces with this daily limit ***

And. No... 2 months would get you enough points for like 4 pieces of gear... try 6 to 7 esp with a new crafting item as 1200 points
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-12-11 13:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

And. No... 2 months would get you enough points for like 4 pieces of gear... try 6 to 7 esp with a new crafting item as 1200 points

Was it a slap in the face to be limited to two Ambuscade weapons a month when those were released? 2-3 Ambuscade capes or armors upgraded a month when those were new? It's the exact same logic, and just like those systems SE is probably not going to change this just because you can't get everything in a couple days. And people will get the f over it. 6 months from now, all of the hardcore players will have all of the R/E accessories they want from DI (and casuals might have 1 or 2, just as they might still not have full Ambu +2 armor sets today).

It's not at all surprising that they want to address the goals of encouraging regular participation in an event (from casuals and hardcore alike), while simultaneously putting a gate to limit how fast people can acquire all of the rewards.

Now, I do agree that the crafting item being in here is kind of a bummer. But that's probably intentional too, they want the hardcore players (and multibox/mule $$$s) to have some motivation to continue to participate even once they acquire all of the 600/1000 point accessories of interest. They also probably expect that in the early months, the supply of craft items will be from people more interested in money than R/E gear (including from mules/alts who are brought to DI solely to get Wyrm Ash). We'll see how that works out and the effects on the supply/demand of those particular items.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-12-11 13:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Was it a slap in the face to be limited to two Ambuscade weapons a month when those were released? 2-3 Ambuscade capes or armors upgraded a month when those were new? It's the exact same logic, and just like those systems SE is probably not going to change this just because you can't get everything in a couple days. And people will get the f over it. 6 months from now, all of the hardcore players will have all of the R/E accessories they want from DI (and casuals might have 1 or 2, just as they might still not have full Ambu +2 armor sets today).

yeah the cape system is really dumb. When one job can you 15+ capes being locked to 2-3 month is dumb
By SimonSes 2019-12-11 13:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no problem with 80 limit cap per day. I have a problem with how slow dragons pop. Next dragon should pop in like 5 min max after previous one died. Even better 3 min.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2019-12-11 13:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I have no problem with 80 limit cap per day. I have a problem with how slow dragons pop. Next dragon should pop in like 5 min max after previous one died. Even better 3 min.

^This
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8