New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Question.about functions that work with index/ids
Question.about functions that work with index/ids
By Pantafernando 2019-11-29 04:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

I have a question about functions that work with mobs id index.

For example, supose that i grab the index/id from a mob and then i kill it.

While he isnt spawned, i use some function to read his information, for example, distance.

My question is, by doing that, trying to read informarion of a mob not currently available, do that cause any interaction with server, i.e. is there a risk of being detected if i try to see distance to a npc with given index/id if its not currently available?

Thanks in advance
 Asura.Erupt
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: erupt
By Asura.Erupt 2019-11-29 11:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower built in ffxi functions aren't asking the server for anything they are showing you data your client already has available. This is the whole reason packet functions are such a big thing because you initiate the outgoing packet for a specific request and have a waiting function to grab the returned data. Windower functions aren't going to pull data on the fly and throw a followup function or start a hold until that data is retrieved. So no all you're doing is seeing if that mob index is in your current mob array if that's the particular way you're trying to read them. Of course there's a couple of ways to watch but that's out of your question scope.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-29 13:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

^this is correct
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Masunasu 2019-11-29 14:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This kind of programming could be used for something as mundane as printing a notice when a NM/placeholder respawns instead of checking widescan at regular intervals (for something like emperyean nms where most people probably fade in and out of focus). Just because someones trying to get more into windower functionality outside of making a gearswap file doesn't mean they're full on botting.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
Server: Asura
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-11-29 14:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Can I bot without worry of being banned despite recent bans?
You'll be fine.

Gottem

/s