Campaign Revitalization!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Campaign Revitalization!
Campaign Revitalization!
 Bismarck.Mateot
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Mateot 2019-11-27 14:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56184-Campaign-Revitalization%21?p=621962

"We miss the currently unused areas of the game with large maps and adventure, can there be work done to make the campaign weapons/weaponskills unlocked and harder or "Surged" Campaign areas with 119+ content!?

Like this people if you think its a good idea! You matter! "
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-27 14:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I just experienced an epileptic fit imagining SE trying to revitalize Campaign. Some things need to stay dead.
[+]
By Undula 2019-11-27 14:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Try my avatsr! :)

At this point, any updated content would be better than nothing. But Campaign is not the first thing that comes to my mind.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-27 14:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

VW 2.0
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-27 14:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

all these years later and I am STILL sick of "Roar of the Battle Drums".
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-11-27 14:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Undula said: »
At this point, any updated content would be better than nothing.

I actually disagree, since any updated content takes away from the efforts of the skeleton development crew. Would much rather they focus all energy on doing a substantial piece of new content to align with Empyrean +2/+3 reforge, and doing that right. I'm fine dealing with the continued Ambu/Divergence/Omen grind, and the handful of updated HTBFs for the meantime while we wait for that.

That being said, if they're gonna update any old content, anything but Campaign. If I had to pick one, I was kinda sad with how underwhelming Limbus v2 turned out - they could go back to that well for a more significant attempt at making something that mirrors the feel of old Limbus but with ilevel difficulty and rewards.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-11-27 14:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to love doing Campaign Battles back in the day, especially on jobs that weren't as popular when it came to getting party invites.

I actually wouldn't mind a 119 version of it, to be honest, as long as it gave us Capacity Points and gear worthy of our time.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-11-27 15:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
If I had to pick one, I was kinda sad with how underwhelming Limbus v2 turned out - they could go back to that well for a more significant attempt at making something that mirrors the feel of old Limbus but with ilevel difficulty and rewards.

Agreed, i was expecting salvage 2.0 level of content for limbus2 and all we got is 2 extra zones and an upgraded omega/ultima. Would love a proper retry with that content
[+]
 Bismarck.Barrd
user: barrd
By Bismarck.Barrd 2019-11-27 15:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

think that you should also up the trial of magian weapons to 119 so that we can continue to have fun grinding out our favorite weapons to their maximum potential
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-27 15:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Barrd said: »
think that you should also up the trial of magian weapons to 119 so that we can continue to have fun grinding out our favorite weapons to their maximum potential

This one still baffles me to be totally honest. They had a goldmine here, but just gave up on it.

it doesn't get much easier than adding a trial, no new content just some dialog.

You guys would grind literal millions of killshots for DMG+1 from now until the end of eternity.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-11-27 15:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Bismarck.Barrd said: »

This one still baffles me to be totally honest. They had a goldmine here, but just gave up on it.

it doesn't get much easier than adding a trial, no new content just some dialog.

You guys bots would grind literal millions of killshots for DMG+1 from now until the end of eternity.
By Draylo 2019-11-27 15:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I loved campaign! It would be cool to have an ilevel version of it, but it would have to give job points or something lol.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-27 15:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
players bots
is there really a difference? honestly?

But for real, tell me you wouldn't go start a trial right now for torcleaver wsd+1% no matter how many kills it took, with no cap. Kill a billion get wsd+20% kill a trillion get wsd+100% and on and on and on.

or MAB+1 or Cure+1% or Meva+1
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-11-27 17:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

...doing missions on mules and I come across a NM that dropped Campaign: + gear.
I used to try and collect these because of how awesome it made you during a battle. Campaign 2.0 yes please, but doubt that is anywhere in their list of ***to do at the moment
[+]
 Bismarck.Coffeegood
By Bismarck.Coffeegood 2019-11-27 17:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mateot said: »
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56184-Campaign-Revitalization%21?p=621962

"We miss the currently unused areas of the game with large maps and adventure, can there be work done to make the campaign weapons/weaponskills unlocked and harder or "Surged" Campaign areas with 119+ content!?

Like this people if you think its a good idea! You matter! "
This is the best idea I've heard anyone come up with in my life!
By volkom 2019-11-27 20:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-27 20:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

yup, no thank you. drowned out the music for areas I DID enjoy for a significant amount of time in those zones. now, "Bustle of the Capital", on the other hand, is still a feeling of comfort and home.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-11-27 20:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaign was fun as hell (especially when you were soloing) and Roar of the Battle Drums was one of my favorite OSTs. That said, I definitely don't want an ilevel verison of it. Bring me an iLevel Limbus or Nyzul any day of the week, I still think that those and Assaults were SE's best events.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-11-27 21:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Are you trying to cause an epileptic fit with that avatar?

As a known epileptic among friends on Leviathan and Bahamut, I'll be sending the OP a bill for my ambulance ride.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-11-28 01:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Here ya go https://github.com/xurion/ffxi-no-campaign-music
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2019-11-28 02:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I loved Campaign, would be fun if they did something with it.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-11-28 05:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

players bots

But for real, tell me you wouldn't go start a trial right now for torcleaver wsd+1% no matter how many kills it took, with no cap. Kill a billion get wsd+20% kill a trillion get wsd+100% and on and on and on.

Uncapped is obviously unrealistic. Many people would never feel it's enough and would do nothing else but that. Now choosing between all weapons and jobs on top of that.. nightmare. By Trial of Magian weapons I would rather expect 119 version of tp bonus, 2-4, etc. not Empyrean weapons.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-11-28 17:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Replace the campaign battle music dat over the mount music dat and relive the glory days of campaign music. ALL. THE. TIME.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-28 17:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
players bots

Uncapped is obviously unrealistic. Many people would never feel it's enough and would do nothing else but that. Now choosing between all weapons and jobs on top of that.. nightmare. By Trial of Magian weapons I would rather expect 119 version of tp bonus, 2-4, etc. not Empyrean weapons.

That's literally the point. It would keep them playing f.o.r.e.v.e.r. with next to zero input or effort.

And the sad part? They really would keep going forever, it's an infinite carrot.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2019-11-28 17:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoyed campaign, when it was really active taking over zones etc was a lot of fun. campaign was garrison 2.0, anyone remember garrison?
[+]
By Fayona 2019-11-28 18:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaign was only fun back in the day because it came with a risk of dying. All of WoTG zones were dangerous back in the day. Hell I still remember a thrilling battle I had against a Gnole as pld/dnc that I agroed while questing. We used to have to shout for retrace and run all around. With the addition of trusts and homepoint warps there really isn’t any risk of dying, campaign would need an entire reimagining to be even remotely interesting. I’m all for using the bosses and unique NM’s from campaign to do something more interesting though.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-28 19:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaign was only deadly when a general was involved or no one else was there. The zones themselves, on the other hand, were a mix of safety or danger which was certainly thrilling at the time, but nowadays it would either just be frustrating or a non-issue because of mounts. Even having your personal chocobo then, there were still a lot of risks in traveling.
[+]