Strongest Solo job
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Oldelf
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: oldelf
By Bismarck.Oldelf 2019-11-25 21:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the Strongest Solo Job These days?
By Vankathka 2019-11-25 22:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The same jobs it always is, RDM BLU, then all the pet jobs, with SMN either being the strongest or slowest. DRK can also do some interesting things with Apocalypse and all that, Forgot to add SCH is also exceptional at soloing aswell.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Server: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-11-25 22:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at this point the only job that's been able to solo Warder of courage is rdm.

And you'll still get into parties with it. Blu, dnc, pup, bst arent highest sought after jobs.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-11-25 23:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything that's a single target and doesn't cast Doom PUP is amazing solo (and the job is low-key great for party play in Dyna-D and Omen). Super consistent because the auto is tougher than any player job and there's no range limitation. Beastmaster is still a great solo job, just check out Beaztmaster's solo videos on YouTube, but it takes gear and skill since pet commands have to be issued close. Summoner is a very good solo job with trusts. Rune fencer can do some serious solos too and of course scholar for single-target fights. I probably wouldn't put red mage as a top-tier solo job. It's good but not amazing like back in the day. Blue mage is a lot faster and I'd put that up with the best solo jobs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-25 23:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We haven’t established what “solo” is to be understood as. Trusts or no trusts? I know in modern ffxi we generally mean the former but there are solo fights without trusts that are more impressive than ones with trusts.

If we’re not including trusts then it’s definitely PUP, BST, RDM and BLU. If we’re including trusts then you can start throwing in jobs like DRK and RUN in what they can accomplish.
By Draylo 2019-11-25 23:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Well at this point the only job that's been able to solo Warder of courage is rdm.

And you'll still get into parties with it. Blu, dnc, pup, bst arent highest sought after jobs.

Says who? BLU is certainly a sought after job, not sure where you get that from.

I'd say BLU, RDM and SCH would be the best.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2019-11-25 23:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancer
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-25 23:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn I had to check the OP. Was wondering why Saevel would post this thread. Foh with that same avatar
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-26 02:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

From a bias opinion I would say RDM and RUN are the strongest solo jobs. Both are pretty much invincible, The only issue with most nms is time.

There should be no reason trusts do not count as soloing. Trusts are about as useful as Ronstadt. Most people who say trusts don't count are the avesta fan boys who think spending 10 hours on something is doable again. Time limits exist now. More pressure to kill a harder mob.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-11-26 02:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

trusts should be considered solo, they're a command just like spells and abilities are and are tied to the character. multiple characters aren't a solo regardless of how many people are controlling them.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-26 02:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm thread.
By fillerbunny9 2019-11-26 02:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I would definitely put RDM up there, particularly with the past year's worth or so of updates/gear. Crocea Mors and the Malignance Set alone have made RDM extremely potent, as it can both safely and surprisingly well fight on the front line while having access to all of its buffs/debuffs, and you even have the option for 0 TP feed Enspell fights. yeah, the gear barrier can be steep, but it's far from unaccomplished.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-11-26 02:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Strongest solo job? Obviously, the answer is, anything that Endoq is currently on.
By SimonSes 2019-11-26 04:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say RDM can probably do more solo than any other job. Debuffs are op for solo. That being said there will be a lot of fights that RDM will do much slower than some other strong solo jobs. There is also a case for PUP being able to solo stuff that other jobs cant survive, especially if you count in SPs. There is also a case for zerg jobs like DNC and DRK who can zerg a target while shutting down it's TP moves by either absorbing its TP (DRK SP) or feeding minimal amount of TP (MNK and SAM can be in this category too, with MNK also feeding low TP and also having a lot of HP and SAM being TP move proof with its SP)
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-11-26 07:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Asura.Outlawbruce said: »

Says who? BLU is certainly a sought after job, not sure where you get that from.

I'd say BLU, RDM and SCH would be the best.

Over the course of a weeks time. You'll see hundreds of shouts for rdm. You might see 1 shout asking for a blu. Not hating on it. Just saying, I dont think I've ever even seen someone shout for one for a cp party. That was the meaning behind what I was saying. If you're going to do a job, do one that's at least shouted for.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-11-26 07:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I use BLU out of all my jobs the most. But agree with SCH and RDM posts as well.

Token Farm
Merit Farm
Ichor Farm
SR Farm
HMBF fights
T1/2/3/helm clear for Zitah/Ruuan/(most of reisen)

While I dont disagree that RDM can probably conquer the same content the AOE ability of BLU and damage output I just dont see RDM able to compete with.

Ex: The other day I decided I need to upgrade all my bard relic to +3, I cleaved old dynamis blu with TH4, for the base relic. Could RDM or (any job) done it yes, but BLU probably was the fastest.

Of course there is TONS of content in this game and it really depends what content you do.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-11-26 07:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldelf said: »
BRD.
[+]
 Alexander.Humpo
Server: Alexander
user: Humpo
By Alexander.Humpo 2019-11-26 08:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafters with a shield.
Solo the gil and you can have anything merced.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-11-26 08:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Humpo said: »

Crafters with a shield.
With enough gil, you can have anything merced.
If that's the case then, then the strongest solo job is MasterCard, followed by Visa, Discover, and American Express.
[+]
 Alexander.Humpo
By Alexander.Humpo 2019-11-26 08:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Alexander.Humpo said: »

Crafters with a shield.
With enough gil, you can have anything merced.
If that's the case then, then the strongest solo job is MasterCard, followed by Visa, Discover, and American Express.

I dunno, I put my amex above my MC...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-26 08:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Token Farm
Merit Farm
Ichor Farm
SR Farm
HMBF fights
T1/2/3/helm clear for Zitah/Ruuan/(most of reisen)

While I dont disagree that RDM can probably conquer the same content the AOE ability of BLU and damage output I just dont see RDM able to compete with.

So this here basically sums up what BLU is better "soloing" at: mid-tier content that is often repeatable in short bursts for quick clears. I use BLU for everything when it comes to speed (NNI, HTBF, Cleaving, Omen swart/card farming, Escha clears etc). I'm sure BLU can solo some higher level content as well, but that's primarily where I think the difference is with RDM. It won't clear mid-"tear" trash content nearly as fast or effectively, but it's upper limits far exceed what BLU can probably do under normal circumstances.

The OP's question was quite vague though, so none of these are wrong answers, but context would be much better for a question like this. Because, while I don't disagree that BST, SCH, RDM, DRK, PUP can clear upper-end content much easier, there is no question that BLU steamrolls anything mid-level and no other job even comes close to clear speed.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-11-26 08:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I should have said "followed very closely" then.

Same concept.

Buy gil, get REMA. Sounds very Vizeish.
 Alexander.Humpo
By Alexander.Humpo 2019-11-26 08:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea sorry, Kind of being a bit of a troll since this feels like "OH LOOK, This threads again" type of post.

Buukki is right though. The question is far to vague and so none of the answers are really wrong, but none of the answers are really the best answers.
[+]
By geigei 2019-11-26 08:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Overall blu trash all other jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-26 08:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think most of the context is vague tbh, Buukki.
Like every NM which IS soloable, can be soloed by 1 or more jobs.
The only exception is Kei I believe. I truly think SCH is the only job which can solo that.

Everything else, low level content -> Mid-tier and up to hard content such as Reisenjima T3s and Onychophora can be soloed by multiple jobs.

Now that I've seen WoC be soloed, the only content I think is not soloable by multiple jobs or soloed at all is 6/7 Reisenjima T4s, and Wave 2 Dyna boss onwards and Master trials.

I'm positive Ou can be soloed and I'm positive Kyou can be soloed. So I didn't include them.
Gin, Kin and Fu are all relatively easy soloes (with the right jobs for Fu).

Edit: Mine was a bit misunderstanding; What I said is meant to be interpreted as almost all jobs are viable for soloing, there isn't just 1 job which triumphs all.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-11-26 08:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The OP specifically said which solo job was the "strongest", but didn't give any context behind that. There is not a question that multiple jobs can solo most of the current content. That wasn't the question though.

If kill speed is your definition of "strongest", then it has to be BLU. If you are talking more about what can kill the "highest level monster" as far as strongest solo job, then the answer breaks out into various answers. I'm just saying that context in this case does matter as far as what you consider "strongest"
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-11-26 08:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The OP specifically said which solo job was the "strongest", but didn't give any context behind that. There is not a question that multiple jobs can solo most of the current content. That wasn't the question though.

If kill speed is your definition of "strongest", then it has to be BLU. If you are talking more about what can kill the "highest level monster" as far as strongest solo job, then the answer breaks out into various answers. I'm just saying that context in this case does matter as far as what you consider "strongest"

SMN beats Blu let's be real. Nothing beats that 30s burst, even with soloing and no trusts/buffs. On mid-tier content anyway. I'd put mid-tier content as lvl 140 max.
If you mean no 1 hours and actual playing the job, BLU 100%

But you are right, I may have misunderstood the general question.
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2019-11-26 09:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM has strong damage when "solo" multi-stepping, It needs buffs from others, but can take lots of NMs down by itself especially with a good hybrid dt/dd set.
By Chimerawizard 2019-11-26 09:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The answer is Ranger of course.
First Page 2