New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 11 12 13
By Draylo 2020-04-16 06:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they can do it. I was honestly surprised at how much from the original they added. I remember thinking in the train graveyard, wasn't there a chariot type monster that you can steal a strong staff from? Then he appears lol. Everything recreated with such detail, even added the bit with the machine in the elevator but you don't fight it inside there because its impractical. If they could continue that level of detail I will be so happy.

Also Bahamut was added as a summon after you finish all the intel, I don't remember where you got him originally.
By Draylo 2020-04-16 06:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda wish we got to fully play with Red, but I guess I get they don't have weapons for him or the same systems in place.
By Ruaumoko 2020-04-16 06:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Also Bahamut was added as a summon after you finish all the intel, I don't remember where you got him originally.
You got Bahamut in the Temple of the Ancients.

I kinda wish we got to fully play with Red, but I guess I get they don't have weapons for him or the same systems in place.
Yeah, I think that's part of it. The other part is that he's introduced so late into this first part that learning his unique mechanics might have been a bit much when you're already so far in. He will absolutely be controllable from the get-go in the second part, which will probably start in Kalm as the group stays at the Inn and Cloud recalls the Nibelheim Incident.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2020-04-16 07:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

See that's the thing - with they ending they put in it's basically a middle finger to the OG fans, and saying "we're going to do this our way from here."

I'm highly suspect any of the original major events are going to be in play. That can be exciting in itself!
But the way it all played out in one chapter was a rushed mess to me rather than a well-written, understandable plot flow.

We're not going to see any of the original major plot points in my opinion - how could anyone think otherwise? It'll probably be another fun game, and a nice addition to the Final Fantasy line. But Final Fantasy VII's story? Nah sis that's gone.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-16 08:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop being so dramatic, we can think otherwise because why would they throw away the wealth of material they have to draw from to create entirely new story? It doesn't make sense, they can cash in on nostalgia which is the driving force of this game and they can add new story bits.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2020-04-16 08:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao how is it being dramatic? I'm just deducing where we're going next based off of the last chapter. The last chapter "doesn't make sense," but here we are. I think Nomura wanted to throw us for a loop, and is going to throw us for an even bigger loop once part 2 is announced. I think he likes the excitement that it's driving up in people - positive and negative.

Spoilers below
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2020-04-16 08:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking at it like FFX-2, FFXIII-2, or Lightning Returns. A spin off series using popular FF7 characters/universe, with a ready made story they can pick and choose from and change as they like. Zack comes back to life, Aerith doesn't die etc. The merchandise team are licking their lips right now.

I think we will see the original plot point locations to keep the OG fans on the hook (member the goonies? I member), but story wise, anything could happen at those points now.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-04-16 08:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see the argument that the Whispers were "jammed" into the storyline when we first met them in our first encounter with Aerith. They had a constant presence in the game all the way up to the very end. It also seems like Sephiroth is aware of what they are, possibly even aware of the timeline they are trying to protect, which means he is aware that his quest fails, so he is trying to change his own fate.

If they want to take the story in new directions go right ahead, this is the best game SE has made since merging with Square Soft, so go wild. I could play this series forever, I don't need a brand new FF16 with a brand new cast that sucks as bad as 12, 13, 15. This worked out just fine.
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2020-04-16 08:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
But Final Fantasy VII's story? Nah sis that's gone.

Like said 2 years ago :3
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-16 09:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Agree, I just have so much fun playing this. I just don't agree with you that they are going to throw away all the story...

You're being dramatic because literally the entire game was created practically 1/1 based on the original except the end part and a few changes. You're saying they plan to scrap the entire plot of the original game to create something else, it just doesn't make sense. If that was the case they would have done that already or told people to expect that. You even say how could anyone else think they would use the same major plot points, when the entire game went as we expected even until the end.

I think they will continue as the story was but change key things, but we'll still have the weapons, shinra fights, etc. They handled this game so well in my opinion.
By Viciouss 2020-04-16 09:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the point of the ending to this game was to put doubt into our minds about Aerith's fate. By changing Zack's fate, they showed us that anything is on the table. Anything.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-16 09:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They didn't change his fate, they only showed that he won in other timelines. he's still very much dead in the timeline they're in.

Aerith is still alive in infinite alternate realities, as much as she is dead in infinite realities.

Making alternate realities (and at least one being that can open portals to them) leaves the future games open to absolutely anything. Hell, sephy could open a reality to ff8 where he traps the party until they kill that realities version of squall who is the main boss. And now the Kingdom Hearts lore makes perfect sense because a being can open the reality to the KH reality.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2020-04-16 09:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, they wouldn't have told people that because it would have driven sales down based on expectations.

I agree with you on the amount of fun I had playing this - it's still a great game. I just don't see how we're going to continue the same story with how that ended. To me, it wouldn't make sense, that's all. That's my interpretation of the ending - we played through what story they wanted to keep, now it's time for a new one. We're definitely on opposing ends of where this is going, and that's okay, lmao.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2020-04-16 09:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I am interested what will happen in the next part in 5 years... lol

What I will say is the fight mechanics are awesome and the whole audio production especially the Soundtrack are incredible.

I saw this video of the ending explained after I finished playing.
Obvious spoilers are obvious.
Edit: Rip to the Japanese Voice Actor of Reno. A toast to him.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2020-04-16 09:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Chapter 11, 12, and 15 have been my favorite so far. Loved 15's soundtrack! I am in the middle of 16 now.

Video is only music, no spoilers. Unless you consider music a spoiler, which it might be in this case.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-16 10:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Somehow managed to glitch this fight, I was able to fight them from inside and when I countered the dog again it brought him inside lol. I think I caused it by countering the dogs corkscrew move while standing by the glass.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-04-16 11:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Somehow managed to glitch this fight, I was able to fight them from inside and when I countered the dog again it brought him inside lol. I think I caused it by countering the dogs corkscrew move while standing by the glass.

And you managed to do it all without Mighty Guard!
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2020-04-16 11:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lmao now I want to see if I can recreate that.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-16 13:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

See that's the thing - with they ending they put in it's basically a middle finger to the OG fans, and saying "we're going to do this our way from here."
It can be seen that way (it's the way I saw it at first), OR it can be seen in another way, like

There's plenty of subtle, irrelevant changes, then a couple of big ones, major one being the ending.
Whichever way you gonna call it, it could end up very nice or it could end up very bad.
Time will tell, way too early now.

One thing is for certain though, this is NOT what I personally call a Remake, there's another more fitting word to describe it and it's in the spoiler above.
For all I know it could be thousand times better than the original, but it's not a remake.
So much for their "we're not gonna change anything, just add stuff!" that they kept on repeating for over 5 years.
I feel being *** about by SE for that, it feels bad and frustrating, but it's just a feeling.
Beyond feeling like these, the game is pretty awesome in its own way.
It's simply not what some (a minority?) of us wanted it to be.
We gotta learn to deal with it, things aren't gonna change and it's pretty stupid to hold a grudge against SE or the game itself just because it's not what you wanted it to be.

Also, I'm not sure the rest of the story is gonna change massively.
As I said before I think the huge change prepared in this game and then fully exploding in the ending is sort of a test, a bait, whatever you wanna call it.
They're gonna change their future plans (even more changes, or less than some people think atm) according to how players/the world will react.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-16 13:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They didn't change his fate, they only showed that he won in other timelines. he's still very much dead in the timeline they're in.

[cut]
We don't know, nobody knows, not even SE knows.
It could be like you said, it will be exactely like you said if SE decides (see my previous post) that they don't wanna change anything in the end.

Or it could be in a very different way, if they so decide.
We simply can't tell now and I'm pretty sure they haven't made up their minds yet either.
By Viciouss 2020-04-16 13:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was also disappointed in Red's contributions to the battles, which were from what I saw, fairly nonexistent. Loved his part in the story, no problems with his character, but what he did for me in the fights looked to be next to nothing. Maybe tossed me a cure or two, but thats it. Never saw a Sled Fang or anything against a mob. Now, I was fairly far away from him in the boss fight he partook in with Barret and Aerith, but again, didn't notice a lot.

Certainly no where near the contribution level we got from guest characters in FF12.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2020-04-16 13:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a recent interview noted that they kept him as a guest because they believed it wouldn't make sense for him to be a newly controllable party member with how late in the game you get him (which I 100% get).

He actually did an ability for me in one of the battles! But otherwise, overall the AI of non-active characters is just...subpar. And then the limit breaks he was using with Barret at the end (not really in battle with you I guess)
By Draylo 2020-04-16 13:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

In the battle with Barret and Aerith against the big machine, if you target the cannons everytime it readies them for lasers, he will assist on a barrier drone thing and do a move that staggers them. I forget what its called
By Viciouss 2020-04-16 13:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think a recent interview noted that they kept him as a guest because they believed it wouldn't make sense for him to be a newly controllable party member with how late in the game you get him (which I 100% get).

He actually did an ability for me in one of the battles! But otherwise, overall the AI of non-active characters is just...subpar. And then the limit breaks he was using with Barret at the end (not really in battle with you I guess)

I completely understand why he wasn't a playable character, but I was hoping for FF12 Larsa or Vossler like support.
By Draylo 2020-04-16 17:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying for the summons shinra simular. I dont even use cloud anymore, I feel Tifa, Barret and Aerith are the best. Barret the best tank with stoneskin and chakra at 9999 HP lol. That with steadfast and you just gain tons of ATB.

I'm actually pretty surprised how good Carbuncle is for a DLC summon. I actually wiped once and he used his final move and it brought us all back with full HP, like Phoenix lol.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-04-16 17:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just finished the main story yesterday and I'm now going through the game on Hard mode starting with Chapter 1. Man is the difficulty amped up! Still do-able but for some of the bigger fights you really need to switch some Materia around in order to win.

Also......
By Viciouss 2020-04-16 18:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying for the summons shinra simular. I dont even use cloud anymore, I feel Tifa, Barret and Aerith are the best. Barret the best tank with stoneskin and chakra at 9999 HP lol. That with steadfast and you just gain tons of ATB.

I'm actually pretty surprised how good Carbuncle is for a DLC summon. I actually wiped once and he used his final move and it brought us all back with full HP, like Phoenix lol.

I'll have to try that out, I think I summoned him one time at the beginning of the game and never equipped it again.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2020-04-16 21:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

FF7: Midgar REvisited
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2020-04-17 08:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

qq I didn't preorder anything special so I only have the choco chick... which sucks.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2020-04-17 17:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Copy pasting from elsewhere

Finished it. I'm judging this as any other game and not allowing my judgment to be peppered by nostalgia glasses and Square Enix idolatry.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 11 12 13