First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 29 30 31
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-17 00:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Just for the record, is anyone counting the colossal amount of noteworthy exploits?

Cashmere unlimited gil
"fishing up basically anything" (fishing table)
Dupe that was active in 2005ish I don't know much about it
"wall of justice" "pining" (this is actually still active, by the way)
2006(?) dupes of some kind caused the infamous christmas sale (this was multiple dupes apparently, Dbox dupe, AH dupe, reward dupe)
Salvage dupes
Einherjar unlimited ichor
WoE dupe/underflow
ToM underflow (is that the same one as woe?)
The bats with the goblin, not 100% sure what this was either
All the mobs for "sunshine seeker" were killed in town
Salvage respawning
Dynamis resets
Unlimited cards at the goblin
Unlimited gil at the repository
This new one, whatever we're defining it as, 2019

I'm probably missing a few
I can't believe I forgot the crafting torques, christ.
(honorable mention for 'rerolling')
Barone in Tavnazia.
Bolded was the same exploit as the one people are still using to complete Assaults nowadays.
To a much lesser extent, Ironclads' IA.

And a lot of other ***where the exact same people were involved over and over (still are nowadays), the STF could be running checks on the same 10/20 people and they'd ruin every exploit under the sun within hours of them being discovered/used.

Shichishito said: »
how does it happen over and over again?
if they had a dedicated team for FFXI they'd anticipate a similar exploit cause they had to deal with it in the past. do they always reaasign differnt employees for new content without properly briefing them or do they simply not care at all?
Both + they don't have time for that.

Plus some of the JP employees playing this game have been using certain exploits forever. They've had infinite gil pretty much the whole time.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-17 00:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The bats thing I know is about seeing mobs that weren't there, but it was also making them drop/give items they shouldn't or before they were allowed to or forcing the drop, something weird.

It wasn't just being able to see them
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-11-17 01:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They dropped the items that the goblin would give you when you exchanged for points. This included PW key and other stuff. Being able to see them would allow you to attack/kill them.
So yes, it was JUST being able to see them.
[+]
By geigei 2019-11-17 01:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
We terminated the accounts of those 45 players
So that's it?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-17 01:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
So that's it?

"so far"

The 45 were only the users over the last 2 weeks. They're going to review logs. I hope they full scorched earth that ***. All the medals. All the gear. Tough ***. But I'm very doubtful.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-11-17 01:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's just the most obvious idiots. They going back thru the logs so sounds like they might at least have a scope on par with original salvage bans though I doubt they will go farther than banning accounts that did it and maybe some directly involved with those in some overly suspicious way. But who knows maybe they will really go for it. Either way I haven't been more excited for ffxi "updates" in a long time
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-11-17 01:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ppl trying to avoid bans by duping on alts but the money from them goes back to their main

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-11-17 04:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
So that's it?

"so far"

The 45 were only the users over the last 2 weeks. They're going to review logs. I hope they full scorched earth that ***. All the medals. All the gear. Tough ***. But I'm very doubtful.
It be nice if they did this with all exploits in the game but i'd be willing to bet they lose too many people at that point sadly. I can't see them getting those medals back as im sure most of that ***is gone in the wind by now. The fact people could do this with other stuff alone kinda feels like SE can't really do ***.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2019-11-17 07:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
In a few months they will see stock of medals is now too low and they will have double drop rate in Dyna D.

The developers keep track how much of anything is in circulation and increase or decrease it accordingly, they obviously thought the amount in circulation was correct during duping so now that has been fixed they will have to increase supply.

This person does not remember the Mythic release.

They will not do anything even if whatever medals are used for becomes unobtainable as a result of the patch.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-11-17 07:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
how does it happen over and over again?
if they had a dedicated team for FFXI they'd anticipate a similar exploit cause they had to deal with it in the past. do they always reaasign differnt employees for new content without properly briefing them or do they simply not care at all?

The game started development 20 years ago. the current employees aren't the ones that wrote the code and fixed the duping exploits years ago.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2019-11-17 07:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I want the exploits to be unpatched. ;u;
By Artsncrafts 2019-11-17 08:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

well these *** gotta burn off the thousands of medals that were sold last minute or stashed, ive seen a couple people actually buying synth mats for necks and su5 so maybe it wont take that long
By L0ki79 2019-11-17 08:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Artsncrafts said: »
well these *** gotta burn off the thousands of medals that were sold last minute or stashed, ive seen a couple people actually buying synth mats for necks and su5 so maybe it wont take that long

Odd that you have been shouting to sell necks all week. Also strange you are buying them out of bazaars and selling them at a loss. So either your trying to wash dirty gil / medals, or your just a window licker. Jury's still out.....

[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-17 08:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh come on, we can all smell the butthurt. Remember how you were so desperate to get back in the game, you recalled your last sold account? Yea, enjoy trying to catch back up. Tard.
By Nyarlko 2019-11-17 08:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just for the record, is anyone counting the colossal amount of noteworthy exploits?

Cashmere unlimited gil
"fishing up basically anything" (fishing table)
Dupe that was active in 2005ish I don't know much about it
"wall of justice" "pinning" (this is actually still active, by the way)
2006(?) dupes of some kind caused the infamous christmas sale (this was multiple dupes apparently, Dbox dupe, AH dupe, reward dupe)
Salvage dupes
Einherjar unlimited ichor
WoE dupe/underflow
ToM underflow (is that the same one as woe?)
The bats with the goblin, not 100% sure what this was either
All the mobs for "sunshine seeker" were killed in town
Salvage respawning
Dynamis resets
Unlimited cards at the goblin
Unlimited gil at the repository
This new one, whatever we're defining it as, 2019

I'm probably missing a few
I can't believe I forgot the crafting torques, christ.
(honorable mention for 'rerolling')

You forgot the "fishing up gold beds in Jeuno". Think they sold to NPCs for 1mil each, and this was in the early days of the game when it wasn't a horrible idea to farm Avatars weekly for 10k gil each. lol
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-11-17 09:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Oh come on, we can all smell the butthurt. Remember how you were so desperate to get back in the game, you recalled your last sold account? Yea, enjoy trying to catch back up. Tard.
I can confirm Matthew is a pos that sells his accounts and recalls said accounts
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-17 09:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if you were the one he sold it to. I only found out because he made some spiel about how it justified it to hurt me, and it got c/ped back to me. Except, I don't do accounts to begin with.

Truth is, dude was addicted hard and couldn't let go
By spengler 2019-11-17 09:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The main mistake SE has made over the years is not sending a C&D to windower / ashita, both have crossed over the lines of 3rd party client pretty heavily.

All other games have exploits this big if not bigger, sometimes they go on forever, sometimes they don't. you generally don't hear about them because the people that find them are not potatoes. Windower/Ashita allow potatoes to find them.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2019-11-17 09:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

look at pioneer soda on asura, 999,000,000,000 per for a bit there
Phoenix.Erics said: »
ppl trying to avoid bans by duping on alts but the money from them goes back to their main

Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-11-17 10:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Have fun kids.

https://pastebin.com/JLYP0G42
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-17 10:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't the Christmas dupe in 2006 also partially due to an NPC paying a higher price to buy an item back than they sold it for? I seem to remember around that time the NPC prices were changed because an NPC in tavnazia could be used as an infinite gil fountain. I can't remember the item though (I almost want to say millioncorn, but I'm probably wrong). People were writing scripts to buy out stacks and stacks of the item from the NPC, then resell them and profit several tens of K per iteration. Doing that 24/7 probably generated tens of millions or even hundreds of millions per day, which at the time was crazy high. That was more of a *** up on s-e's part than a coding flaw, but someone had to set that NPC's buy and sell prices. It should be common sense that sell prices always need to be higher than buyback. And with automation the buy/sell process helped to severely damage the 2006 economy and anyone who played then remembers how widespread it truly was.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-11-17 10:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It was barone gear(corazza and cosciales? whatever the CoP chapter 4/5 npc sold for many millions).
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-17 10:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Vir and Femina subligar!!! Didn't they also fall into that category at one time? I remember it now. It went unnoticed by most players because their buy prices were like 7 million gil, but they resold for like 50K more than they cost. Total *** on S-E for ever letting that happen. No matter how expensive it is to buy an item, you don't let the NPC pay you tens of thousands extra to take it back and let the buyer repeat the process ad-infinum.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-17 10:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashleyz said: »
I agree with Dexterm that "if" anyone on the Windower Team knew about this exploit prior to Thorny's discovery, they should have perused the moral high ground and report it to SE. I also understand why Thorny went about his method to make sure SE got the message loud, clear, and not able to sweep it under the rug. And Eiryl, you are completely correct about the long term devaluation of Beastmen and Kindred Medals, I haven't sold any metals in a long time because I refuse to devalue the time I invested in Dynamis D. Everyone who does Dynamis D was cheated out of the full price of their time investment. Think of it as in terms of taxes, you earn a certain amount of money per month and the government slowly increases taxes every paycheck, you are still working the same hours but your paycheck keeps getting smaller and smaller. This is something that should outrage every player that has sold a medal and not gotten the full value on their time investment.

Tax comparison doesnt work, as taxes are used to fund public services. Unless you already amassed so much wealth taxes literally dont affect you, youll see a net benefit from what is taxed versus what services you receive.

Also, lets be real... dyna d prices deserve to drop like a rock. The 60 hour timer needs to either be removed, or at least reduced to 24 hours.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-11-17 10:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Vir and Femina subligar!!! Didn't they also fall into that category at one time? I remember it now. It went unnoticed by most players because their buy prices were like 7 million gil, but they resold for like 50K more than they cost. Total *** on S-E for ever letting that happen. No matter how expensive it is to buy an item, you don't let the NPC pay you tens of thousands extra to take it back and let the buyer repeat the process ad-infinum.
I think that's what started the first round of mega inflation.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-17 10:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I think that's what started the first round of mega inflation.

I'm pretty sure it was. And the amount of gil it generated is beyond stupid. I remember that initial hyperinflation, and the 25 million gil haubergeon +1's, the 22 million gil scorpion harnesses +1, gold ingot stacks selling for 3 mil. Whoever allowed that one to slip through should have been severely reprimanded.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-11-17 10:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

spengler said: »
The main mistake SE has made over the years is not sending a C&D to windower / ashita, both have crossed over the lines of 3rd party client pretty heavily.

All other games have exploits this big if not bigger, sometimes they go on forever, sometimes they don't. you generally don't hear about them because the people that find them are not potatoes. Windower/Ashita allow potatoes to find them.

Given even SE has used windower/ashita since they were made, why would they send a C&D? SE KNOWS the gaming experience is superior with them, and even other MMOs allow third party addons of some description for UI changes and the like.

Its not windower/ashita dev's job to fix poor FFXI coding, and as has been stated by others in this thread anyone who DOES make a proper report of any issue gets banned themselves, so literally no one has any reason to not exploit anything they find.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 29 30 31