Forum » FFXI » General » Macro saving - new pc
Macro saving - new pc
 Asura.Zuku
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: zuku24
By Asura.Zuku 2019-11-16 05:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having multiple issues with the new pc.
1st issue is that i cannot save any new macros to the server or any other file. I will try to save and it just says error. I make new macros and if i ever dc i lose some of the lines which is frustrating. I built the new pc in May. The last save from old pc was from March. I finally gave up and reverted back to last saved file to see if that would fix it. I tried to save after changing names of macros like blm/smn/cor and it says error again. I have tried using windower and vanilla with same issue.

2nd issue is that everytime i logout to try to log in a mule that login screen moves super fast and then the 2 loading circles in the upper right will spin super fast. When i try to log back into main it will say error and then wont let me login in main since it says its still logged in. I dont have this issue on vanilla but have this issue on windower. I have fastcs turned off. I have issues logging in mules for login points cuz something is speeding everything up.

Does anyone have an ideas on how to fix any of this? Is it a pathway issue for saving? Is a setting set incorrectly? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2019-11-16 06:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
idk if this will help but you could try opening the ffxi folder on the old pc and copying the user file from it and pasting it over the user folder in your new pc that's the folder where your macro's are stored

^ That's what I did when my PC blew up a few weeks ago

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Zuku
By Asura.Zuku 2019-11-16 15:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you meant Playonline\SquareEnix\Final Fantasy XI\User, that file contains all the macro and other info for all the characters. Can i just select Zuku's folder to overwrite since i have a mule that doesnt have any issues? Any thoughts on why the game speeds up in the character selection menu?
By Jetackuu 2019-11-16 15:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

A. you should be able to save from the config settings on the PC, and not in the client itself.

B. It sounds like you uncapped your framerate, either with //config or //fastcs and need to disable that, or tone it down, I recommend just setting your fps to 60, and not use fastcs, but you can do what you want.

Also manually copying the files should work.
 Asura.Zuku
By Asura.Zuku 2019-11-16 15:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

A. I can save the new macros I make on my actual pc and not just the server? How do those get reloaded when some of them get deleted? Or just figure out where they are and have extra copies for when they disappear again?

B. I turned off fastcs months ago due to issues with it causing me to get black screen or freeze the game. I also deleted the entire file just to be safe. The settings i run at are 60fps in //config. Could it be changing to uncapped somehow at the character selection screen?
By Jetackuu 2019-11-16 16:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

try hitting "insert" before the character select screen and typing "config FrameRateDivisor 1" and see if that helps.

As for the save feature of the "new installer/config" no idea, never used it. Can just backup the file manually, it's already been stated as to where it is.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Zuku
By Asura.Zuku 2019-11-16 17:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
try hitting "insert" before the character select screen and typing "config FrameRateDivisor 1" and see if that helps.

This fixed the issue so now everything is working normally. Thank you!

DirectX said: »
Asura.Zuku said: »
Can i just select Zuku's folder to overwrite since i have a mule that doesnt have any issues?
Yes, it is possible but the char names are random codes. I think you can find out which is which by opening in text editor though.

I figured out which one was Zuku's and overwrote the file. Everything went back to the way it was when I was using the old PC. I am still unable to save to the server. I will just make copies of these whenever I update my macros since i seem to lose lines of macros once a month or so. Thank you!
 Asura.Zuku
By Asura.Zuku 2019-11-16 17:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

and I obviously dont know how to use the quote function either lol
By Jetackuu 2019-11-16 17:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Try doing a filecheck, something seems off.
 Asura.Zuku
By Asura.Zuku 2019-11-16 17:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It says "No problems were found"