New Impeachment Scam Thread. Nice People Only.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » New impeachment scam thread. Nice people only.
New impeachment scam thread. Nice people only.
First Page 2 ... 27 28 29
By Nausi 2019-11-13 11:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp Rp&r is shut down but p&r is not. So i offer a specific challenge to all my fellow gamers.

Impeachment is a scam. Change my mind.

Rep Swallwell just openly said Trump needs to prove his innocence, that isn’t how our system of laws works.

Secondly, Trump has already proven his innocence, he released the transcript, which shows no hint of misconduct.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-13 11:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The irony of this thread title.
By clearlyamule 2019-11-13 12:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Scam or coup?
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-13 12:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Both.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-13 12:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt Rooks wanted a new thread a day after he nuked the last one lol.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2019-11-13 12:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I doubt Rooks wanted a new thread a day after he nuked the last one lol.

I didn't say "NO P+R AT ALL". What I said was no RP+R, which means anything here needs to stay on the given topic and follow the standard rules. That little loophole is intentional; I want to see if people can actually behave with a stricter set of rules. No more leeway, because looking back through the post history, it's not deserved.

I also am not excited about policing this ***again, and it was a massive factor in why I found other things to occupy my free time for a couple of years, so it's going to very much be along the lines of "shoot first, ask questions if I feel like it".

From a site maintenance perspective, the logical response has always been to burn this section to the ground and salt the Earth afterwards. I've tried to avoid that outcome and I have not been rewarded for my faith. We'll see if this goes any differently.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-13 13:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp Ratcliff pops the Schiff scam/coup.

————

Ratcliff: “Excuse me mr witness, can you tell us what the impeachable offense is here?”

Schiff: (flips out tries to silence the questioning)

Witness: I have something to say

(Silence)

Witness: “Im not here to get into whats impeachable or not.”

———-

Boom, thats game over folks. There is no crime here.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-13 13:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and CNN is focusing entirely on the hearsay because there is no there there. So much for a slam dunk.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-13 13:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I'm really getting out of the whole show, is that they conveniently forget that threats don't have to be carried out to still have happened.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-13 13:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Welp Ratcliff pops the Schiff scam/coup.

————

Ratcliff: “Excuse me mr witness, can you tell us what the impeachable offense is here?”

Schiff: (flips out tries to silence the questioning)

Witness: I have something to say

(Silence)

Witness: “Im not here to get into whats impeachable or not.”

———-

Boom, thats game over folks. There is no crime here.

Once again, this did not happen. Its a complete misrepresentation of the exchange.
By Nausi 2019-11-13 13:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The only thing I'm really getting out of the whole show, is that they conveniently forget that threats don't have to be carried out to still have happened.
Threatening someone like “you’re going to fire that prosecutor that's investigating my son or you don’t get the money?” Which we have on tape.

Or something that someone heard from some other guy who heard that Trump threatened someone? (Cause thats the jist of today).
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-11-13 13:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Threatening someone like “you’re going to fire that prosecutor that's investigating my son or you don’t get the money?” Which we have on tape.

Wow, seems like nausi learned a lot from that thread closing. This didn't happen either.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-13 13:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My post tl:dw pretty well.

Trump threatened ukraine; the threat was not carried out, so the threat never happened. Totally ignored, and therefor that instance of quid pro quo doesn't exist.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-13 13:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Someone tl;dr what happened so far today please. Also, are chances of impeachement greater today or no threat?

No change really, we have gotten a lot of conspiracies about Hunter Biden and the 2016 election thrown out there by the Republicans, none of which went anywhere. There certainly hasn't been any exculpatory evidence brought forward.
By Viciouss 2019-11-13 13:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My post tl:dw pretty well.

Trump threatened ukraine; the threat was not carried out, so the threat never happened. Totally ignored, and therefor that instance of quid pro quo doesn't exist.

The threat was actually carried out for months. The aid was authorized in May and not released in September when it began to trickle out that Trump was engaging in a quid pro quo. He hoped by releasing the money it would just disappear, as you said. Nope.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-13 13:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, even more tl:dr is that

"trying to do something illegal isn't illegal because it didn't succeed" More or less the entirety of the last 3 years, summed up.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-11-13 13:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

"No change" would be a failure for the Democrats. They are far from having a sure thing, but that's exactly what they need for this to not backfire.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-13 13:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
"No change" would be a failure for the Democrats. They are far from having a sure thing, but that's exactly what they need for this to not backfire.

Not really, there was a high chance of an impeachment vote happening before today, there is still a high chance. Hence, no change.
By Nausi 2019-11-13 13:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, even more tl:dr is that

"trying to do something illegal isn't illegal because it didn't succeed" More or less the entirety of the last 3 years, summed up.
That’s an incorrect characterization.

There is no evidence Trump threatened anything or even intended to threaten anything. There is only hearsay, people testifying that they heard that Trump wanted to do something.

Thats why many (correctly) characterize this as a nothing burger. Can you imagine if someone could go to the cops and say “I heard Eiryl was gonna threaten someone.” And you could be thrown in jail for it?
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-13 13:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Yeah this isn’t gping to work, they have nothing. With clinton we had a stern talking down to from the pres to the press, followed by a semen stained blue dress, then a mea culpa, then actual confirmed perjury.

And it STILL backfired on the GOP in 1998 when they impeached him.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-13 13:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

We know for a fact that Trump blocked the money because he wanted an investigation into his political opponent. He was even helping set up a tv spot for Zelensky to announce it
By Nausi 2019-11-13 13:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

People are not seeing blockbuster headlines on CNN as they are walking through airports and transit hubs.

Thats for sure.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-13 14:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone tl;dr what happened so far today please. Also, are chances of impeachement greater today or no threat?

No change really, we have gotten a lot of conspiracies about Hunter Biden and the 2016 election thrown out there by the Republicans, none of which went anywhere. There certainly hasn't been any exculpatory evidence brought forward.
What do you mean conspiracies? Wasn't his son employed on a huge salary with no relevant qualifications and experience? Noone is denying that?

Nunes brought up 3 different debunked conspiracies during his opening state ments. None of them had any merit.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-13 14:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Schiff lying again today, claiming he doesn’t know the ID of the whistleblower, which is demonstrably false

Quote:
The Democratic head of the House Intelligence Committee, Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, learned about the outlines of a C.I.A. officer’s concerns that President Trump had abused his power days before the officer filed a whistle-blower complaint

Lefties unironically deserve better than this.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-11-13 14:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So are you saying that his son did not have a job in Ukraine?
Democrats good.
Republicans bad.
Orange man very bad.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-11-13 14:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

We know for a fact that Trump blocked the money because he wanted an investigation into his political opponent.
Not trying to derail, but who is this "we" that "knows" reasons? Seems more like conjecture. Which is a reasonable one, but "knowing for a fact" has a tinge of having absolute certainty.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-11-13 14:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Schiff lying again today, claiming he doesn’t know the ID of the whistleblower, which is demonstrably false

Quote:
The Democratic head of the House Intelligence Committee, Representative Adam B. Schiff of California, learned about the outlines of a C.I.A. officer’s concerns that President Trump had abused his power days before the officer filed a whistle-blower complaint

Lefties unironically deserve better than this.

That quote does nothing to prove Schiff knows the name of the whistleblower.
First Page 2 ... 27 28 29