2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Conjecture: "FFXI Mobile" renamed to "FFXI R²"
Conjecture: "FFXI Mobile" renamed to "FFXI R²"
By Rips 2019-11-12 18:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Evidence at the 4:45 mark.

YouTube Video Placeholder

If they somehow pivoted away from mobile and put this on PC, my balls would burst from the excitement. However, I'm keeping my expectations really low, especially since that is just speculation.

Thoughts?
By Unzero 2019-11-12 18:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
"FFXI Mobile" renamed to "FFXI R²." Still developed from Nexon.

YouTube Video Placeholder

If they somehow pivoted away from mobile and put this on PC, my balls would burst from the excitement. However, I'm keeping my exceptions really low, especially since that is just speculation.

Thoughts?

It's going to be lame and not going to be connected to our game in any way.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By gistofanything 2019-11-12 18:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The employee didn't do their research fully (probably largely in part due to so many games they cover), and the name is incorrect. The superscript 2 is just an annotation that the game is an independent intellectual property and not one owned in-house by Nexon. Trash video, not the creators aren't trash. They just need to do more research before making bold claims.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-12 18:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

By Butcherb0y 2019-11-12 18:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Or a Remake
By Rips 2019-11-12 18:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

gistofanything said: »
The employee didn't do their research fully (probably largely in part due to so many games they cover), and the name is incorrect. The superscript 2 is just an annotation that the game is an independent intellectual property and not one owned in-house by Nexon. Trash video, not the creators aren't trash. They just need to do more research before making bold claims.

Are you talking about the clip of the FFXI: R² in the video?

If it's facts I don't like, I'll delete it. Or augment the title.

Can't have any CNNish videos in here.
By Rips 2019-11-12 18:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Seriously. With byte-size mobile packets.
[+]
By malakef 2019-11-12 18:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The slide from Nexon he ripped the name from literally says what the 2 means on it. And the R is probably meant to signify a copyrighted product/ license of a different company than nexon. The entire premise of that video is dumb and takes like 2 seconds of looking at the source, Nexons quarterly earnings call slides, to see what it stood for.

In additon it’s been labeled as R^2 for over a year now on those slides this didn’t Just happen.
By Rips 2019-11-12 18:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

malakef said: »
The slide from Nexon he ripped the name from literally says what the 2 means on it. And the R is probably meant to signify a copyrighted product/ license of a different company than nexon. The entire premise of that video is dumb and takes like 2 seconds of looking at the source, Nexons quarterly earnings call slides, to see what it stood for.

In additon it’s been labeled as R^2 for over a year now on those slides this didn’t Just happen.

Hey, you may be right:

"The letters, graphics, symbols, logos and other marks shown in this material are
trademarks or registered trademarks owned by respective right holders"

But why wouldn't they use proper trademark icons then?
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2019-11-14 14:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course he's right.
It is obvious because, in the video, we can see that there are multiples names with a ².
This is the full slide (source page 19)
² is a footnote.