But what if the Bst has nice jugs?
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-11-11 10:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
This update has been one of their best in a LONG time. Other updates just gave us a bunch of mostly useless crap, but this update we get a freakin Dhalmel Mount.

This damn thing better act like it's in severe pain and just repeat over and over again "Ed...ward!"

Very freaking disturbing.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-11 11:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Nariont said: »
its a nice circle ability, but theres not too many mobs that fall into that beastiary aswell as having the jug to effectively use said JA as far as "end-game" goes far as i can recall

Treat is the same way as other circle abilities, extremely powerful against the right enemy. The jug itself doesn't matter, only the family the monster represents.

I regularly use Killer Instinct to great effect in end game. What fights are you talking about? its not really useful in divergence, that is true, but where are you making the cutoff for end game? Omen? Delve? Vagary? Skirmish? Ambuscade? Geas Fete? Unity?
its only not useful in divergence of this list.

Is it always useful? No. but I agree 100% w/ Saevel here.
Extremely powerful in the right setup, and its alot more flexible than the circle abilities from pld, sam, drk, and drg.

I love Killer Instinct as a Job ability. its an elegant solution and it encourages creative application, and its great for the party.

Really hoping Nukumi Gausape +2 gets WSD +5% and +3 gets WSD ++ 10% to synergise with the Killer effects augment and Killer instinct.

Quote:
Short of overhauling the debuff aspect of the jug pets i doubt anything will magically make it wanted everywhere, smn has its solid utility when its in a dps role, pup has its tank niche, bst meanwhile doesnt have too many options outside the above plus that -10% max hp down if i remember right

I don't think any job should be "wanted everywhere"
but I do wish jobs were viable everywhere... unfortunately thats a tall order.

I think its a problem how so much content requires geo, brd, cor in any dd party.

I think bst has a very nice collection of debuffs... if only we had ilvl of those other 8x which cannot get to 119.

I think adding the weevil pet w/out amnesia is a complete waste. I really don't see a situation to use it as an eva tank, although it has the best eva of any pet. Threestar lynn can already stun... so weevil doesn't add anything new at all. it can only have super niche uses, but I'm not sure it even has those.
By Nariont 2019-11-11 11:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

was actually looking over how many of the GF mobs are actually not some silly special category of mob if its not simply demon/arcana, though i dont see how effective it is in omen asides basic kill floors? But its a lot more viable than i gave it credit for atleast.

As fro the 2nd bit i dont think any job bar support/tank is wanted everywhere, hence "magically wanted everywhere" its more that bsts niche outside of being a dps pet job is fairly small even compared to pup since pup can do its 1 niche fairly well. Bst meanwhile unless im mistaken has only those select few debuff niches, primarily like you said because a lot of the jugs have been held back, whether it be by level, debuff potency, or just not adding the move at all.

But hey, watermelon mandy, can't complain too much right?
By shamgi 2019-11-11 13:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So, the biggest thing they could do that fits their design intent is to nuke Charmer's Merlin, give us -5 Ready for the 1200 gift, or just set the minimum ready time, give us the gift, and leave the axe alone.

Either way, the ability to have a pet at max ready while also being able to DD ourselves without weapon swaps would be a huge boost for BST.

A offensive oriented shield, either with personal stats for the master or pet stats(or hybrid) would also be very good. One major benefit to BST is that it can reach 50 DT almost trivially with it's Dyna +2 weapon, which means it can sit at max DT while also losing little in the way of gear slots. Being able to combine this with the above, a BST could be a slightly below average melee DD who makes up for that with the addition of the pet, either as more damage or for it's various support abilities.

Other nice things would be access to solid nuking abilities that aren't just water, and nuking skills that are either single target or much more easily controlled, AOE wise.

Finally, the ability for Bestial Loyalty and Call Beast to reset their timer if leave is used on a 100% HP pet would be a huge boon for swapping around pets.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-11-11 19:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like Bst's biggest issue right now is that anything it can do, another job can do better. I honestly can't imagine a fix for the job.

(Assuming the ready range is still at /hug pet)
*Pup can out-tank Bst.
*Smn can out-burst Dmg Bst.
*Blm can out-nuke Bst.
*Sam can out-SC Bst.
*Blu can out-Aoe-Nuke Bst.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
Server: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-11-11 21:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The best things that BST has going for it are probably:

• GenerousArthur's DEF Down for Dyna, since GEO is nerfed in there

• Physical cleave/cleaving in general; safer than BLU/less magical damage though

• Soloing, in spite of the stupid pet command range thing

We are pretty good in Omen, can do all bosses with BST playing a key role, we are decent in Dyna-D. Those of us who still play beastmaster make it work despite how Square-Enix has *** us over for the last 4 years. But for sure, the job needs its own niche. SMN has aeonics and a lot of Ambu months. PUP has tanking. BST... needs something unique.
By Nariont 2019-11-11 22:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

wouldnt even say it has to be unique to bst, just allowing it to tank, or debuff with some potent pet moves like the above example would earn it a spot outside of its dps potential where applicable.

-leeches tp drainkiss/atk-50% move
-if infrasonics worked like it used to, thad be another one though i think -25%(iirc?) might be a bit much so just increase the flat value to -75~100
-dream flower/soporific which i think are hard locked to pets that dont go above 113 if that
-acuex/pink bird have mdb-25 on their ready moves

could also add pets which bring their own debuffs to the table, such as dhamel which would bring in another heavy def down, leas i remember sonic wave being incredibly potent ontop of a possibly strong DPS/healing jug pet through healing breeze/berserk/stomping, theres also craklaws, im sure theres plenty of options for incredibly useful pets bst could use, aswell as just raising some if not all the older pets back up to 119 usability

EDIT: Hell, add a gnat pet and keep its regular moves, ultimate debuff pet right there depending on what debuffs the target uses/mewing alternative though i imagine theyd nerf both these options
By clearlyamule 2019-11-11 22:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah Soporific was 25%. Was a *** to test before /checkparam. Leech is nice but no 119 one
By Nyarlko 2019-11-11 22:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun fact: Fatso's TP Drainkiss is 100% accurate regardless of target level and can't be resisted. Really REALLY wish it wasn't 3 charges, mostly for shenanigans but has potential for actual strategic use. He does tend to get smooshed much easier than actual 119 pets unfortunately.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-12 01:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Any information on that Lion new BC you access through login points?
I want to get that Dagger.
Does it have a low drop rate? Is it 100%?
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-11-12 01:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

I went in with my mule, both of us on THF. She's super weak. I fought her twice with two orbs and dropped one dagger each time. If you're interested in the Mandragora Pouch thing they added, don't forget to set the RoE under 17th Vana'versary when you fight her.

The sample size is two... so I don't know if the dagger is 100% though.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-11-12 02:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rajang said: »

I went in with my mule, both of us on THF. She's super weak. I fought her twice with two orbs and dropped one dagger each time. If you're interested in the Mandragora Pouch thing they added, don't forget to set the RoE under 17th Vana'versary when you fight her.

Does it have different difficulty levels and, if so, which one did you pick?
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-11-12 02:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There are no difficulty levels. Trade the orb, enter the fight, and party members can follow the orb-holder in. Really just like entering Trove orbs.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-12 05:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Fun fact: Fatso's TP Drainkiss is 100% accurate regardless of target level and can't be resisted. Really REALLY wish it wasn't 3 charges, mostly for shenanigans but has potential for actual strategic use. He does tend to get smooshed much easier than actual 119 pets unfortunately.

Another Fun Fact:
??? Needles from Amigo Sabotender has no Acc check AND no def check.

which is why its best dd pet for Tolba fight. (See Beaztmaster's (and Falkirk's)) youtube video.

its pretty fun fight.

but keeping underleveled pets alive is quite challening and there will be accuracy and magic accuracy issues.
 Phoenix.Esvedium
Server: Phoenix
user: Esvedium
By Phoenix.Esvedium 2019-11-12 10:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't done an Aquan Ambuscade that I can remember, where are people going for the quick 10 kills this month?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-12 12:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There's aquans in every zone... optimal is like foret/rala, boyahada tree, kuftal (can't remember if/where attuner is)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-11-12 12:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

boyahda tree homepoint (cloister of ramuh) would let you walk out into steelshell territory. That's probably an easy one
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-11-17 09:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an updated memloc for kparser?
By FaeQueenCory 2019-11-17 10:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rajang said: »

From what I've seen. A single dagger will always drop no matter what. I've not seen more than one, and it's in the treasure pool, not to the individual.