Pm please
Thank you
 Asura.Pusheen
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-11-07 13:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Assualt? You mean like the Lv50-75 content in ToAU?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-11-07 14:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

translation: I need a DP to get into a Dyna-D shell (so I've been told) but don't wanna play ToAU.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-11-07 14:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
translation: I need a DP to get into a Dyna-D shell (so I've been told) but don't wanna play ToAU.

"aint nobody got 4 hours to run through all the assaults"
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 14:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythics suck. I hold it against no one for wanting to just get it over with by any means necessary.

If I could pay-skip all the redundant ***I'd make more.

I have seen people selling assault runs, pretty uncommon though.
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2019-11-07 14:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Assaults are fun.

Now Nyzul Tokens is another story...
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 14:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Really nothing fun about luck based mining, that through no fault of your own you can fail.

Or finding that damned ring.

Being found by lamia isn't really fun either. Nor is relying on enemies to break jail cells. Or Fishing.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pusheen
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Pusheen 2019-11-07 14:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

20M
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 14:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit if you run all 50 for only 20m your whole game life just ended. You'll have a queue of thousands.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-11-07 14:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there might be people selling the whole package nyzul points, NMs...etc. not sure if you have to give them your account log instead though. I think they would simply use one of those programs to bypass certain points in the assaults and nyzul.

I don't think anyone would sell assault only though. The think takes a long time to do. Like 7-10 hours if okay normally.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 14:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

4 hours, 7 hours both seem obscenely low. You have a guaranteed 450 minute wait for tags if you start with 5 and never fall behind so the fastest possible would be 7.5h.

I do it in about 10 hours, and I know all the little *** client side tricks to do every assault as quickly as possible, though I don't speedhack or use maint mode.

Scheduling around people is probably the sticking point. If you could get paid 20m per person from 4 people for 10 hours, that's 8m/hour for something with minimal gear/jobs required. But, you end up spending forever coordinating which is garbage.
By Pantafernando 2019-11-07 14:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What about the hack of sending server the info you completed the assault without doing it?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 14:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not actually a thing, there's a way to complete assault books without completing it, but you can't get the actual assault clear that way if it's your first time through.

Plus, it's ****ing HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to post ***like that in public.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 15:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously doesn't want to build a mythic on an account that can get banned.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 15:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

They are easy to automatically detect server side from a programming perspective, and there is strong evidence they have been automatically detected and banned for in the past(around rhapsodies launch).

Thus, I don't use them. Any benefit measurable in percent is absolutely horrible compared to the time lost if you get yourself banned doing it.

There is a solid chance they'll never turn the autobanners back on, given the state of the game, but I still don't see it as a smart choice. It only takes one ban to lose everything you've done.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-07 15:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because they don't care right now, doesn't mean they can't flip a switch and go full banpocalypse 4.0
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 15:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it's very simple code that a first day intern could implement. You send your position every 350ms, calculate the square of the difference from last position, compare it to character's current speed * 350/1000. If it's higher for several intervals in a row, the person is likely speedhacking. Add a certain number of hits to trigger autoban to ensure any stray weirdness like person d/cing with flee active so it doesn't wear doesn't create false positives. Done.

Maintenance mode through anywhere you can't normally traverse can also be done with little server load by generating a table of coordinates that are not legit from the zone geometry and checking each coordinate you report against that list. If they were ok with greater server load, they could also check your z coordinate against the geometry directly.

It isn't complicated stuff, and no nobody has to see you. It's just a matter of whether SE cares to have the autobanners active, or determines banning people to be a net negative.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 15:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The more likely explanation is they created it thinking they'd have a nice change to a clean game with rhapsodies, then it banned far more people than expected, and they decided they want the subs more than the cleanliness.

You can very accurately detect whether someone is speedhacking with even as little as 5-10% speed if they run in a straight line for 3-5 seconds.

DirectX said: »
Anyone doing that is mad, but what about going through gates without trading keys or having KI? Is that detectable?
Technically detectable? Yes. Realistically, very unlikely they would detect that. However, they could also add other checks if they wanted, such as in imperial agent assault when you check a holding cell, check if the matching gate has been open. Again, a single amateur developer could likely add that sort of check to every assault where maint is beneficial in a day of work.

The server has EVERY advantage when detecting any cheats that bypass the rules of the game. The client has the advantage as far as automation and botting.
By Triffle 2019-11-07 15:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If they banned everyone for using any third party stuff, there would be like 3 people left. It's doubtful they'll start banning people from the tiny population of folks who are willing to pay over 15$ per month for a game that's not going to expand.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-07 15:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not telling anyone else not to speedhack or use maint mode. I am defending why I do not, as a person who obviously has easy access to those tools and understands the detection methods.

It is not likely they will turn the autobanner on again, but it is also not impossible. They could also toy with lighter consequences, such as a 2 week ban or something. There are a lot of possibilities that cannot necessarily be predicted, and I just prefer to err on the side of caution.

Post deleted by User.
By ryukin182 2019-11-07 15:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread is barely an hour old and all these replies, I knew once I saw the title I was in for 10 minutes of entertainment

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By kishr 2019-11-08 03:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Google ffxi all seeing eye, don't need to do anything just trade book to lamp and sj blm to warp to assault hp.
I'm hungry for liberal snowflake tears.
Feed me!
[+]
First Page 2