Forum » FFXI » General » Idris vs Epeo
Idris vs Epeo
 Asura.Elizabet
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-04 16:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Which one would you do first and why? I've just finished legends on all coalitions and wrapping up plasm and stuff and I am constantly going back and forth with it...

I have: A Lionheart, a Geo +2 Neck, no wave 3 clears.
By Pantafernando 2019-10-04 17:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Both

Once you get the coalitions done and plasm, it just take 2~3h to finish them.

Even plasm just take a few hours.

Price is reasonably nowaday too.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-04 17:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Too many people have idris. If you have even the slightest interest in using RUN make the epeo (first). There aren't enough pickupable tanks but there are thousands of lolgeos

Unless you have specific needs for idris
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2019-10-04 17:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Make them both simple.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-10-04 17:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Too many people have idris.
Asura really is its own world, eh? Wish our ls had that problem
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-04 17:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Owners (995) Halfish are Asura and another 500 aren't tracked.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-10-04 17:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, that is indeed crazy compared to lakshmi at... 38 registered on AH. One of which is me, another 2 in our ls, 5 or 6 which we play with regularly for dyna runs, 2 or 3 I know by association, and one which I know is a dead character.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-10-04 18:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're on Asura I'm going to be honest and say it really doesn't matter, because the job we really can never get enough of is competent (or yagrush) white mages. Everyone at this point has an idris and epeolatry, just like a DD job, so you're already competing with the same group of players for a party slot. The reality is, make them both so you're flexible for two roles instead of one.

if you had to pick one first, it would be idris. Simply because the expectation for Geo is extremely low (pop a bubble and AFK really ...) compared to rune fencer. I can't tell you how many epeo runes I've seen get wrecked because they have horrible sets. Sword is great for adding on top of whatever solid builds you have, but it won't instantly make you a good rune. At least with Geo, you really don't have to do much so your contribution to the group will generally go further. If you're already a good tank to begin with, the sword opens up some extremely fun builds and it's really fun to play with.
[+]
By Mattelot 2019-10-09 13:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Too many people have idris. If you have even the slightest interest in using RUN make the epeo (first). There aren't enough pickupable tanks but there are thousands of lolgeos

Unless you have specific needs for idris

As harsh as this sounds, it seems correct from what I've been noticing after someone else said something similar.
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2019-10-09 13:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Idris first than Epeo. GEO in my case got me into everything, although same can be said for RUN.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-10-09 13:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've opted to make the Idris first in the end. What you guys all said made me think a lot, but in the end the decision push was that in the immediate time, I play with friends who have a better RUN than I do. And given our job spread they are more likely to go RUN than me on any given thing. So during the time that I don't have both, the Idris will likely see more play.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-09 13:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Logical

Specific to you situation where there are enough wants to play RUN, so idris is more useful