WoW Classic Higher Pop Than Live.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » WoW Classic higher pop than live.
WoW Classic higher pop than live.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-10-21 21:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who thinks SE should make a 75 cap server/remake is an idiot. I can't think of any other way to put it.

Mattelot said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Blizzard muted your toon? See that's so much more reasonable than a lifetime ban for *** swearing.

Streamers are definitely firmly in the nuisance category. They're drama magnets on open world games like that. But an over all net positive.

On their forums, people were talking about streamers and a couple on how they're good for the game. One mentioned how if it were not for this 1 streamer, we wouldn't even have Classic. I said I don't believe they do anything good for the game. A little over a day later, I got a notification that my account was silenced for a week with no explanation. I appealed it and the mod said that comment was "not constructive." I replied that it wasn't derogatory, just my opinion and they replied "the appropriate action has been taken" and marked the ticket "resolved."

I thought that was asinine so I unsubbed. People call others derogatory words for gay people and nothing happens but that? I've even heard rumors about people getting banned for killing a streamer multiple times. When you can be banned for performing PVP on a PVP server, you know things have gone to crap.
Welcome to 2019 internet and, now, online video games. Because of the "incel" trend it's pretty difficult to talk about this problem that is "people who are on internet when they clearly can't handle it/shouldn't be", but it's what you just experienced and will keep experiencing. What you did is probably the best thing to do, you'd just get permabanned next.

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Asura.Thesecondcoming said: »
They should just remake the f***ing game with updated graphics and a relevant expansion. It would do very well and potentially draw away people from ff14 which I consider the "retail" version of FF11.

Why would they intentionally draw people away from 14 when its making them more money now than 11 and has way more subs than 11 ever did?
You literally have no source for either of those statements.

You guys are trying to defend a point so hard that you end up saying a lot of stupid ***. It's pretty logical that SE wouldn't want people to go from FFXIV to FFXI. It's also pretty logical that FFXI has always been niche and therefore cannot attract the mainstream people by definition. You don't need more arguments than that, really.
[+]
By Mattelot 2019-10-22 04:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Welcome to 2019 internet and, now, online video games. Because of the "incel" trend it's pretty difficult to talk about this problem that is "people who are on internet when they clearly can't handle it/shouldn't be", but it's what you just experienced and will keep experiencing. What you did is probably the best thing to do, you'd just get permabanned next.

I just want to understand. I've watched a couple WoW streamers and I don't mean this to sound rude or egotistical but neither were even good at the game. They behaved like they had problems and I didn't find them funny in the slightest yet people freely give them real money, in-game money, loot, guard them from being ganked.

And now, it's an "offense" to say anything about them that isn't some variation of "I support streamers"? It's an offense to engage in PVP on a PVP server against one? Why? What makes these people so special? What is the precedent?

I mean seriously. If this is what some video games are turning into, I'm either going to 1) go back to offline games or 2) buy a webcam and panhandle too.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-10-22 08:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to understand. I've watched a couple WoW streamers and I don't mean this to sound rude or egotistical but neither were even good at the game. They behaved like they had problems and I didn't find them funny in the slightest yet people freely give them real money, in-game money, loot, guard them from being ganked.

And now, it's an "offense" to say anything about them that isn't some variation of "I support streamers"? It's an offense to engage in PVP on a PVP server against one? Why? What makes these people so special? What is the precedent?

I mean seriously. If this is what some video games are turning into, I'm either going to 1) go back to offline games or 2) buy a webcam and panhandle too.
Within the past I don't know, 6 or 8 years, a new generation of people has hit internet and these people are the streamers you see. They're in their early/mid 20s for the most part, they're either extroverted but clueless about internet or are social outcasts who found a place where they can express themselves and exist.

So on one side you have people who are as bland as it can be, aren't particularly funny and will just do random stupid ***just to exist and be popular and on the other you'll have people who are praised to incredible levels just to be autistic.

All in all, it's all about "accepting and not denying what people are". So, what you did, giving your opinion, would be perfectly fine in a normal world or even years ago. But nowadays, your opinion invalidates what they are, so you are a bad person that needs to be punished.
The rabbit hole goes MUCH deeper and that ***is really scary. The video game industry is full of those people (especially in USA, the birthplace of this mindset) and policies have been heavily updated to reflect this.

TL;DR: this is 2019. You have to be a carebear or at least fake acting like one. "Negative" comments are suicidal on any official channel (forums, games). These people are stupid but they are the majority now, it's all about "clout". In the past they used to show off in real life, it wouldn't reach us, now they're showing off on our territory, that is now theirs. We have to go back to where/what we were in the 90's except that this time, they took away our toys.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2019-10-22 08:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

While SE never really released any sub numbers for XI, you have to be delusional if you think XI is making more money now than XIV and need a source to prove otherwise. SE have released account numbers for XIV and it's pretty high.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-22 08:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

TL;DR: this is 2019. You have to be a carebear or at least fake acting like one. "Negative" comments are suicidal on any official channel (forums, games). These people are stupid but they are the majority now, it's all about "clout". In the past they used to show off in real life, it wouldn't reach us, now they're showing off on our territory, that is now theirs. We have to go back to where/what we were in the 90's except that this time, they took away our toys.
I was gonna say this but had no idea how to make words. so, QFT.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-10-22 09:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

While SE never really released any sub numbers for XI you have to be delusional if you think XI is making more money now than XIV and need to source to prove otherwise. SE have released account numbers for XIV and it's pretty high.
FFXIV cash shop alone is enough to make more money than FFXI.
As for the "account numbers", spoilers since you don't seem to understand what marketing is, but they're inflated. First because of RMTs, second because the numbers are always rounded up (and by rounded up I mean, let's make 1,8M into 2M).

Why do you think they never announce them in detail? Because they literally don't know the amount of legit accounts. So what do they do? They release an inflated number that 1) does not need to be correct, 2) won't/can't be double checked by outside sources, 3) will achieve their goal of motivating players to keep playing and others to subscribe to join the fun.

Why would you use made up numbers made by a marketing department as your main argument? I mean, all industries work the same, it's not just video games. Numbers outside "official reports" are ALWAYS ***.

But in regards to the subscriptions, you have no clue, I have no clue, I wouldn't be so adamant about it if I was you. I mean, you don't know, how can you be so sure of what you don't know? FFXIV is a pretty empty game between updates/expansions, I don't think you realize.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2019-10-22 10:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

While SE never really released any sub numbers for XI you have to be delusional if you think XI is making more money now than XIV and need to source to prove otherwise. SE have released account numbers for XIV and it's pretty high.
FFXIV cash shop alone is enough to make more money than FFXI.
As for the "account numbers", spoilers since you don't seem to understand what marketing is, but they're inflated. First because of RMTs, second because the numbers are always rounded up (and by rounded up I mean, let's make 1,8M into 2M).

Why do you think they never announce them in detail? Because they literally don't know the amount of legit accounts. So what do they do? They release an inflated number that 1) does not need to be correct, 2) won't/can't be double checked by outside sources, 3) will achieve their goal of motivating players to keep playing and others to subscribe to join the fun.

Why would you use made up numbers made by a marketing department as your main argument? I mean, all industries work the same, it's not just video games. Numbers outside "official reports" are ALWAYS ***.

But in regards to the subscriptions, you have no clue, I have no clue, I wouldn't be so adamant about it if I was you. I mean, you don't know, how can you be so sure of what you don't know? FFXIV is a pretty empty game between updates/expansions, I don't think you realize.

I don't know where you are getting your empty servers from as that is far from the truth. Since release of the latest expansion there hasn't really been a major dip in the number of people I see around the various city hubs. Queues are popping very quickly and there are normally plenty of party finders up each day even in off peak times.

You can try and tell me all you want that XI has more people playing it but it's a lie.
By Mattelot 2019-10-22 10:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Within the past I don't know, 6 or 8 years, a new generation of people has hit internet and these people are the streamers you see. They're in their early/mid 20s for the most part, they're either extroverted but clueless about internet or are social outcasts who found a place where they can express themselves and exist.

So on one side you have people who are as bland as it can be, aren't particularly funny and will just do random stupid ***just to exist and be popular and on the other you'll have people who are praised to incredible levels just to be autistic.

All in all, it's all about "accepting and not denying what people are". So, what you did, giving your opinion, would be perfectly fine in a normal world or even years ago. But nowadays, your opinion invalidates what they are, so you are a bad person that needs to be punished.
The rabbit hole goes MUCH deeper and that ***is really scary. The video game industry is full of those people (especially in USA, the birthplace of this mindset) and policies have been heavily updated to reflect this.

Geez... It just doesn't make any sense.

I get it, generations change. It's been this way for the almost 40 years I've been alive. But change usually happens in an evolutionary way. Not a de-evolutionary way.

I know that the entitled generation is the fault of the gaming company. Blizzard for example made WoW be a game where you had to put forth effort to get stuff to getting free epic gear by doing almost nothing (literally, I can get epic gear from my WoW phone app). These people got so used to this that it became the norm.

But my question still stands to those who are engaged in that new-age mindset... can I go buy a webcam, stream myself playing and automatically get money and be protected from anyone saying anything about me that isn't positive?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-22 10:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

can I go buy a webcam, stream myself playing and automatically get money and be protected from anyone saying anything about me that isn't positive?

If you have boobs, not even rule 1&2, just boobs
[+]
By Mattelot 2019-10-22 11:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
can I go buy a webcam, stream myself playing and automatically get money and be protected from anyone saying anything about me that isn't positive?

If you have boobs, not even rule 1&2, just boobs

It's funny you say that. There is this one streamer who is apparently dating another WoW streamer. She not only streams showing excessive cleavage but on her public Instagram has several pictures of herself in he bra and panties yet has the audacity to "call out" stream viewers for objectifying her.

I mean, not only do these people not make sense but there is no "common sense" there either. I'm just struggling to make any kind of sense out of any of it.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-10-22 11:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's funny you say that. There is this one streamer who is apparently dating another WoW streamer. She not only streams showing excessive cleavage but on her public Instagram has several pictures of herself in he bra and panties yet has the audacity to "call out" stream viewers for objectifying her.
Izzy G and Asmongold! She totes using him for his fame like omg.
By Mattelot 2019-10-22 11:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Izzy G and Asmongold! She totes using him for his fame like omg.

Yes, that's them. She's not bad looking but why do people pretend she's with him NOT for his money that he worked VERY hard for?

EDIT: He's also the one I spoke against during the discussion where a few people were trying to say that we wouldn't even have Classic if it were not for him. I mean, the creepy cult scenario is one thing but giving people credit for something they obviously have nothing to do with is just so weird.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-10-22 13:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You can try and tell me all you want that XI has more people playing it but it's a lie.
I never said that. You just overestimate FFXIV's state.

But my question still stands to those who are engaged in that new-age mindset... can I go buy a webcam, stream myself playing and automatically get money and be protected from anyone saying anything about me that isn't positive?
Actually, and this is based off official numbers, while girls get more/higher donations, they actually have less success than men when it comes to viewerships and subscription numbers.
Because of this, when you factor all of this, they earn less than men.

Women are more successful doing ASMR (Youtube) and Patreon stuff, streaming is mostly a man dominated territory when it comes to money.
Find your gimmick and go be the next Ninja, nothing is stopping you (I mean, as long as you do not voice your actual opinion, ever).
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Mattelot 2019-10-22 14:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Women are more successful doing ASMR (Youtube) and Patreon stuff, streaming is mostly a man dominated territory when it comes to money.
Find your gimmick and go be the next Ninja, nothing is stopping you (I mean, as long as you do not voice your actual opinion, ever).

I'll be honest, it's very tempting. I mean, if this is the type of content that people are actually entertained by today and pay people for and I don't even have to be good at anything, why did I go to college?
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2019-10-22 15:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be honest, it's very tempting. I mean, if this is the type of content that people are actually entertained by today and pay people for and I don't even have to be good at anything, why did I go to college?
I'll admit that I watch streamers. Even then, though, I'm watching their edited long-plays most of the time. Sometimes it's because I'm terrible at the game but find it interesting (most 4X games), other times it's because I refuse to go into debt in order to play (Hearthstone and any other *** card-collecting scam). But I'm part of the older generation, the one that grew up alongside the internet rather than immersed in it from birth, so I only watch competent players. Even professional players who have a bad habit of screwing around and making stupid decisions, I refuse to watch.

Of streamers I've watched who are kinda bad gamers, they usually have a certain amount of charisma. There's one FFXI streamer who is, frankly, absolutely awful at the game and I sort of want to punch him, but he's earnest and nice and somehow that makes up for him being a full-grown adult human with the MMO skills of a concussed duckling. Given how many streamers are shameless drama-***, ***-talking ***, or completely devoid of personality, it doesn't surprise me when just having a pleasant voice and calm demeanor can earn an audience in spite of having no competence to speak of.

As to the problem of the overly-reactionary nonsense... welcome to "cancel culture" or whatever they're calling it this week. Its origins are many and varied, but a lot of it can be tied to the way that GenX parents have coddled their kids to the point of being completely incapable of dealing with even the slightest amount of strife.

The scary thing is that it's not unique to the internet (ask any teacher from elementary through graduate school) and it's not even unique to the US. There's an anime on Netflix called Aggretsuko and it introduces a side character fresh out of college who launches into spastic rage whenever he's even slightly criticized, but he does it entirely via text and email, absolutely refusing to confront anyone face-to-face. In China they're called "little emperors." It's apparently a worldwide phenomenon of utterly fragile egos who parlay social currency from either feigning martyrdom or proclaiming they're more woke than thou (even though they're often not). Social media has been the catalyst to turn these coddled children into performative narcissists. And streaming is social media for gamers so...
By Jetackuu 2019-10-22 16:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Jetackuu said: »
and has way more subs than 11 ever did?
citationneeded.png

I mean that's not really hard to imagine. We have never seen XI have more than 500-600k subs even in its peak and this link says ARR hit 1.5mil registrations, which would be roughly triple XI's peak.

It really is, but I didn't assert as much I just requested an actual citation, which I know full well doesn't *** exist.

Your argument is bad, and it's already been explained to as why.

Also: you should site that claim there, as well.
By Jetackuu 2019-10-22 16:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who thinks SE should make a 75 cap server/remake is an idiot. I can't think of any other way to put it.

I don't agree with your crazy *** on much, but this sums it right the *** up.
By Jetackuu 2019-10-22 16:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also pretty logical that FFXI has always been niche and therefore cannot attract the mainstream people by definition.

Popular doesn't always mean right, and the reverse is also true :D
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-10-22 19:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It may be tempting but personally, when I think about the efforts you have to put in just to get started, I just close OBS.

I mean, one of the first things I always think about is "I always listen to the same 20 songs, I'd need a special playlist so people don't get bored... how do I do that? I don't want to listen to random playlists".

Jetackuu said: »
It's also pretty logical that FFXI has always been niche and therefore cannot attract the mainstream people by definition.

Popular doesn't always mean right, and the reverse is also true :D
Oh yeah, definitely. I personally don't see it as something negative that FFXI never catered to the mainstream and never reached WoW status.
By Mattelot 2019-10-23 06:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
I'll admit that I watch streamers. Even then, though, I'm watching their edited long-plays most of the time. Sometimes it's because I'm terrible at the game but find it interesting (most 4X games), other times it's because I refuse to go into debt in order to play (Hearthstone and any other *** card-collecting scam). But I'm part of the older generation, the one that grew up alongside the internet rather than immersed in it from birth, so I only watch competent players. Even professional players who have a bad habit of screwing around and making stupid decisions, I refuse to watch.

Of streamers I've watched who are kinda bad gamers, they usually have a certain amount of charisma. There's one FFXI streamer who is, frankly, absolutely awful at the game and I sort of want to punch him, but he's earnest and nice and somehow that makes up for him being a full-grown adult human with the MMO skills of a concussed duckling. Given how many streamers are shameless drama-***, ***-talking ***, or completely devoid of personality, it doesn't surprise me when just having a pleasant voice and calm demeanor can earn an audience in spite of having no competence to speak of.

As to the problem of the overly-reactionary nonsense... welcome to "cancel culture" or whatever they're calling it this week. Its origins are many and varied, but a lot of it can be tied to the way that GenX parents have coddled their kids to the point of being completely incapable of dealing with even the slightest amount of strife.

The scary thing is that it's not unique to the internet (ask any teacher from elementary through graduate school) and it's not even unique to the US. There's an anime on Netflix called Aggretsuko and it introduces a side character fresh out of college who launches into spastic rage whenever he's even slightly criticized, but he does it entirely via text and email, absolutely refusing to confront anyone face-to-face. In China they're called "little emperors." It's apparently a worldwide phenomenon of utterly fragile egos who parlay social currency from either feigning martyrdom or proclaiming they're more woke than thou (even though they're often not). Social media has been the catalyst to turn these coddled children into performative narcissists. And streaming is social media for gamers so...

I also hope everyone is talking about the same thing. I've watched videos on Youtube of Ruaumoko and Cloudchief which were helpful and informative. I've heard some people categorize people who make videos "streamers." The ones I'm referring to are those who just sit there and play video games live while people watch them and give them free money.

I do agree with you on the "GenX" thing. I get it now why my parents said some of the things my generation did were "stupid".

We're in the day and age where all those taboo, repressed feelings are becoming the "norm." I don't care what people do in their own homes but when a man dresses completely like a woman and want society to call him "she, her, etc" or when one of those same she-men go into the same public bathrooms as my daughter... There was this interesting comic that I saw once of this creepy guy with a huge smile on his face, holding a big camera in the lady's room with a woman and her daughter. He said "don't worry, I'm transgender."

In addition, yes, the overly exaggerated/embellished sensitivity that kids project is so awkward. It's almost as if they want to express things (transgender...) but if someone else (God forbid) has a different view, its almost like a public freakout. No sense of composure.

I hope I'm out out of line...

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2019-10-23 07:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It is but we were discussing modern day gamers and how they ruined WoW and then went into detail about the origins.

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2019-10-23 09:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're referring to my post, then as long as it doesn't read like stereo instructions.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-10-23 09:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Here I was thinking this thread was about MMOs
That's what you get for thinking.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-10-23 11:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Player generated census using in game achievements to track how active the player base it.
By Jetackuu 2019-10-23 12:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, definitely. I personally don't see it as something negative that FFXI never catered to the mainstream and never reached WoW status.

Really XI's current BIGGEST problem is lack of modern/current content to keep people interested.

Yeah they added some htmb but we could still use 1-2 BIG group events added.

On another note: they should also really do something about the constant dropped packets, and general lag (especially dyna) cuz holy shiiiiit...
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-10-23 12:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

We need more Master trials I'm bored of Unafraid of the Dark.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-10-23 12:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You know they need to create an updated, ilvl content for?

Limbus.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11