People Of Asura - Time To Switch Servers.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » People of Asura - Time to switch servers.
People of Asura - Time to switch servers.
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-12 23:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Closing asura should've happened a long time ago.

but it would be really *** stupid to do that. So much money from server jumps to and from.
 Asura.Elenaa
user: Bigsmokey
By Asura.Elenaa 2019-09-13 00:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Smoky said: »
Asura.Ramsy said: »
You all could transfer to Asura instead.
Sesshmaru said: »
Just join us in asura and leave your dead server simple.

Building the wall over here, they'll have to go through proper immigration checkpoints and apply for asylum. Looks like they need people to go over there anyway, not come to Asura.

You will first have to go to titan before you apply for asylum on asura.
Also you will need to learn the constitution of the United Dhamels.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-09-13 03:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

A fix for low population on other servers and crowding on asura would be to link every servers AH. Population size on other servers wouldnt matter because they get the same access to crafters/ mat suppliers as someone on those servers has and people fed up with long lines on more popular servers could go to lower population servers instead of queuing up for half an hour.

The asura memes are seemingly taken a little too literally by some people who might think low population servers dont have quality players on them. Its not like asurans are doing things other servers arent, every server has people clearing all the end game content and VD ambus etc.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-09-13 03:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elenaa said: »
You will first have to go to titan before you apply for asylum on asura.
Also you will need to learn the constitution of the United Dhamels.
I wish, titan was great. It's been deactivated for about 10 years now.
 Asura.Tanardin
user: Tanardin
By Asura.Tanardin 2019-09-13 14:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the RMT spam really as bad as it looks in the FFXIAH shout box right now for Asura? Or is this outside the norm? When did it start? Dont remember this when I last played late last year.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-13 15:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tanardin said: »
Is the RMT spam really as bad as it looks in the FFXIAH shout box right now for Asura? Or is this outside the norm? When did it start? Dont remember this when I last played late last year.

Yes and no, the GW plugin replicates a lot of the shouts, so when you see up to six in a row, they're mistakes. but yes, they shout quite often... excessively often.

So much so, that someone finally made an add-on to block that ***.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-13 15:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's bad but I've actually trained my eyes to completely ignore them when they pop up. I don't even notice it anymore but for anyone coming from a dead server, you'll be bombarded with merc shouts for the entire time you're in town. You're better off blocking yell if you're not interested in pug activities
By swaggernaught 2019-09-13 15:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
A fix for low population on other servers and crowding on asura would be to link every servers AH. Population size on other servers wouldnt matter because they get the same access to crafters/ mat suppliers as someone on those servers has and people fed up with long lines on more popular servers could go to lower population servers instead of queuing up for half an hour.

The asura memes are seemingly taken a little too literally by some people who might think low population servers dont have quality players on them. Its not like asurans are doing things other servers arent, every server has people clearing all the end game content and VD ambus etc.
i like this idea kinda works for ffxi
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-13 15:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Linked AH would solve basically all population issues. And cost Square hundreds of thousands of dollars.

You all stop jumping to and from asura to make sales and they'll do it. Not a second before.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2019-09-13 16:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Who'd want to leave Asura and miss out on these prime shouts?

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-13 16:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Most people swap to Asura for people around, not the auction house.

Also the amount of programming required to make AH cross server is insane, not going to happen.

it's 100% auction house. People are a sympton, inabilty to buy literally anything anywhere that isn't asura is the problem.

Fix the house, the people will spread out
By hobo 2019-09-13 16:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

it's 100% auction house. People are a sympton, inabilty to buy literally anything anywhere that isn't asura is the problem.

yea its being able to buy whatever whenever. Every month I see a person say they are going on a shopping trip, send mule with gil over, send mule back.

If one person a month goes shopping for 14 servers (no asura, no odin), that is 18x2x14 = 504 a month just from shoppers. This of course assumes the mule was already active and not just around for transfer.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-13 17:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »

yea its being able to buy whatever whenever. Every month I see a person say they are going on a shopping trip, send mule with gil over, send mule back.

If one person a month goes shopping for 14 servers (no asura, no odin), that is 18x2x14 = 504 a month just from shoppers. This of course assumes the mule was already active and not just around for transfer.

The math here is wrong, it's one transfer to send a mule with money to every server, then one transfer to send them all back.

but multiple people do it, so $500 a month is probably accurate as a whole, not per person.
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2019-09-13 17:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, you can have 1 content ID with 18 chars, pay for world transfer, take them each to a designated server and pay for another transfer to bring them all back to the original server?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-13 17:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
When simultaneously transferring multiple characters associated with the same service account (PlayOnline ID), the fee will be incurred as a single payment of $18.00, regardless of the number of characters and their destinations.

Were you dumb enough to accidentally be paying them hundreds of dollars per month to jump ***around lul?
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2019-09-13 17:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
When simultaneously transferring multiple characters associated with the same service account (PlayOnline ID), the fee will be incurred as a single payment of $18.00, regardless of the number of characters and their destinations.

Were you dumb enough to accidentally be paying them hundreds of dollars per month to jump ***around lul?

I've only done it once when I came to Asura from Ragnarok in 2017, but that's good to know for the future. Thank you! :)
By hobo 2019-09-13 18:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh i did math wrong? no surprise there but yes i meant as a whole not per person. I don't know anyone that would send their mule to quetz for shopping, you always go to asura or odin to buy. The x14 was one person from every server not one mule to each server

So its 18 to go there and back as one payment, not 18 to go and 18 to come back? interesting, never actually looked at it
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-13 18:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

18 to move once, any number of Characters.

Smart people put a few hundred mil on 17 mules, jump each one to each server, buy all the cheap ***, sell all the expensive ***. (you need to make 100m to make it worth spending $40)

Then 18 to come back, and redo it.

So $36 round trip to send 1 character to every server and back.
By Afania 2019-09-13 18:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Or cancel migrations to Asura at a certain point. The overcrowding is real but the alternative is sitting on a dead @$$ server that nobody wants to be on. Has to be a middle ground

The middle ground exists, but then whenever people try to mention alternative options immediately the threads were filled with Asurans screaming "no your server suck because....(start to tell their life stories)" kind of comment. Or accuse posters for spreading lies.

But whatever. Like Shozo said. If your LS clear the hardest things people will come. Over the year I've seen people from small server and Asura came. Or people who leave for Asura then came back. Serious Endgame Player naturally aim for efficient groups which can be rare these days. For those who doesn't care they can stay.

As far as universal AH. They can be convenient. I doubt it's THAT attractive to Asurans...Unless they are crafters. For most endgame people they probably will stick with their groups or friends that they do endgame with.

If more people on small server could advertise their LS accomplishments like Shozo did, then more serious Endgame Player will come to small server to join groups and that would fix some of the issues. IMO that's the best way to make population balanced.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-13 19:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone says they're on asura for any reason other than AH one of two things.

They're legit HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, no ***, they like stupid *** drama yells and dipshittery.

Or they're there because "this person is there", and if you ask "that person" why they're there, you'll either get "AH" "HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE" or "this person is here" And you follow the chain until you hit "AH" or "HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE" this covers the entirety of the population.

(not willing to waste another $18 to server transfer is also a valid answer*)((mercing counts as "this person is here"))

For the slow folks... Everyone is here because of the AH, or they're linked to someone here because of the AH.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-09-13 19:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They're legit HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, no ***, they like stupid *** drama yells and dipshittery.

Seems like code for "I don't know how to make friends or communicate outside of /yell"
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-09-13 20:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Outing and mocking the nazis is the only reason i log in anymore.
[+]
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2019-09-13 20:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Asura have alot of botters/RMT? yes
Does Asura have alot of stupid people who pollute the yells? - yes

Asura also has a fairly decent amount of activity going on if you know how to find it.

Not everything on the server is negative and if you feel that way why even play the game?

If having a full alliance made up of your own characters is what you do everything with and your wallet can afford that then by all means hop servers and take your alliance with you. You don't have to be on Asura to run your own characters around.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-09-13 21:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-09-13 22:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

hm yes where do I put in my application to join a server that has a robust population of 200 people? Inject that ***directly into my veins.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-09-14 09:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Also the amount of programming required to make AH cross server is insane, not going to happen.
It would take no more than the same programming it took to make them all linked to Jeuno's AHs. Likely you can basically do what they did to make augments sendable on same accounts; just on a larger scale.

The downside though would be Asura price jacking. Though there's the possibility of getting Asura's ridiculous prices in check... There would be crazy market shenanigans for months.
By volkom 2019-09-14 10:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless theres spaghetti. Lots of spaghetti

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-14 11:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Spread the AH, spread the people. That's literally what I just said.