Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Fomor Ambuscade V1
Fomor Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-09-11 11:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

probably mentioned already, but wanted to say its pretty easy to deal with the invincible/perfect dodge if all mobs are slept.

Pull away Aegis and start damage. When he pops Invincible, pull the Mandau and start working on him. It's a cakewalk even on VD to hold 2 mobs. Once the Mandau pops Perfect Dodge, Invincible should have worn and you can go back to working on him. Once Aegis dead, finish off Mandau. Basically a simple way to deal continuous DPS rather than losing time.

Excalibur doesn't haven't to be an immediate loss. My RUN is geared "ok", but played worse hehe. Was tanking VD last night and with good DDs Battuta will last the duration of time it takes to put down Excalibur. Yes, its not 100% like shadows but only died 1 out of 4 times we saw it once using Battuta to deal with the Added effect of 14k+ per hit.

If you're capable of stunning those moves, certainly it will be faster. Just giving options.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-09-11 11:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget you have Blink on RUN also as well as Seigan/Third Eye if /SAM if you choose to not just ensure survival with /NIN.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-09-11 12:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sepulchur didn't work on Gungnir when I went PLD for this. So now I'm unsure if holy circle even helps.

By malakef 2019-09-11 13:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Battuta really is enough to get you through Excalibur. Killed him a few more times today this way and it’s no big deal.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-11 13:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Low chance of it slipping through and one shotting you i take it?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-11 14:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously. it also has an already low proc rate when it does hit. So it's relatively safe, but you could still instantly die.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-09-11 15:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They're pretty spammy with WS, especially SAM, think it did like 12 straight Kaitens. That normal or were we just feeding too much TP? (COR+RUN with capped haste)
By malakef 2019-09-11 15:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If it got off 12 Kaitens your doing too little damage. Even if it one hours and starts to SC you it shouldn’t be that many. But to answer the question 2 DD should be fine.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-11 17:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The fomors are not undead in this ambu.
 Asura.Weinberg
user: Weinberg
By Asura.Weinberg 2019-09-11 18:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
The fomors are not undead in this ambu.
Maybe they are demons like the Ahriman?
By Viciouss 2019-09-11 19:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They aren't demons, Sam ability doesn't work.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2019-09-12 13:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Might be unclassified like their weapon equivalents in dynamis
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2019-09-15 13:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Vol 1 D can be beaten with 3-5 pups and 1 roll cor. The strategy is similar to how Gigas ambuscade was handled. A tank pup pulls all. The DD pups solo a target each.

Reset fight if you see Excalibur. But pup handles Spharai pretty well. Pup can kill Excalibur but he just slows down fight too much making the chance the adds start running around a lot more likely.
By Pantafernando 2019-09-30 06:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
Vol 1 D can be beaten with 3-5 pups and 1 roll cor. The strategy is similar to how Gigas ambuscade was handled. A tank pup pulls all. The DD pups solo a target each.

Reset fight if you see Excalibur. But pup handles Spharai pretty well. Pup can kill Excalibur but he just slows down fight too much making the chance the adds start running around a lot more likely.

How long does this strat takes?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [742 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-11 04:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump; Oct 21' repeat

Really as straight forward as it gets. Lullaby, pull, kill. Excal sucks, Gungnir spikes is anoying. Bind Ahriman out of range or just hold it will you kill the fomor.
By Ruaumoko 2021-10-11 05:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a few counters to the Excalibur.

RUN with Battuta buys you 1:30 to kill it, 0:30 of which will be taken by Invincible, as Parrying prevents the additional effect going off.

RUN with Blink spam, though this isn't guaranteed.

WAR or DRG spam Leg Sweep and chain-stun it while others zerg.

Use a NIN tank. Use Issekigan on the initial pull so you don't get overwhelmed while BRD sleeps.
~ What also works is for your RUN or PLD to get initial passive aggro (just run in), NIN grabs Excalibur and tanks while PLD/RUN use Flash on other Fomor. Once Excalibur dies NIN reverts to Innin and DD's the rest of the battle.

NIN tank works well but you have to watch for the Spharai, don't even engage it or the Counter will deck you. Have a mage use Paralyze to slow down Hundred Fists
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2021-10-11 09:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Did 6 VD clears earlier with a PLD/BLU tank. it went fine as long as you save the Excal until last. PLD died pretty much each time but DD's can bounce him around until PLD is back up

Also helps if BRD waits until all buffs are done before NITRO so you have a good 50 seconds to sleep all the mobs after pull. the COR & RNG mobs don't gather in the middle.

You can kill all the fomors and get to the last one with Horde Lullaby still on and none waking up if your fast.
By macsdf1 2021-10-12 19:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jokes said: »
Did 6 VD clears earlier with a PLD/BLU tank. it went fine as long as you save the Excal until last. PLD died pretty much each time but DD's can bounce him around until PLD is back up

Also helps if BRD waits until all buffs are done before NITRO so you have a good 50 seconds to sleep all the mobs after pull. the COR & RNG mobs don't gather in the middle.

You can kill all the fomors and get to the last one with Horde Lullaby still on and none waking up if your fast.

what was your party makeup
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2021-10-13 00:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD WHM GEO BRD COR DD

PLD runs in and Sentinels. BRD sleeps as they gather then sleeps the extras that don’t (rbg cor).

Tank needs to run back as soon as slept down the Ahriman doesn’t Cuesta and wake up the group.

Then whm geo or Brd wakes the donors up 1 or 2 at a time with sis or requiem.
By macsdf1 2021-10-13 02:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD WHM GEO BRD COR DD

PLD runs in and Sentinels. BRD sleeps as they gather then sleeps the extras that don’t (rbg cor).

Tank needs to run back as soon as slept down the Ahriman doesn’t Cuesta and wake up the group.

Then whm geo or Brd wakes the donors up 1 or 2 at a time with sis or requiem.

I'm assuming you used SV too?
Did it once no SV, killed excalibur first, using a ninja to tank it. From then on it's a breeze pld can tank it all, tho did *** up and get charmed by beastmaster lol. Shall save him for last next time. SV should make it easier tho for sure
By gargurty 2021-10-13 06:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

from back when it was last on i vagely remember run tank. Run can assist in dd the pulled ones occ casting flash on the eye and ofcourse the /blu spells with abilitys.
Batuta was handy when the mnk did the 100 first move.
 Asura.Emba
user: Emba
By Asura.Emba 2021-10-13 07:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

We ended up doing a few clears (VD) using PLD, COR, GEO, BRD, NIN (me), WAR (me). Wasn’t the fastest clears in the world but very safe.

Excalibur is pretty effortless to blink tank, was able to pull him away from the pack and solo him while fighting the other adds on WAR. Fully susceptible to all NIN enfeebles and it has garbage accuracy on top of that.
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2021-10-13 07:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn’t SV just nitro sleep with Marsyas. HM VM Min Mad songs.

Done about 15 runs now, went Brd/nin and have Carn/kali as weapons so songs last the whole fight. Lullaby wears off around 21:00-21:30 minutes left on the timer.

Better to leave the Excalibur until last because if a DD dies it slows everything down.

Had a few times where half of the donors get woken up by curaga - the pld or run can super tank fine whilst DD’s pick them off.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-13 10:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just FYI can't super tank in legion, unless the term has changed.
[+]
By macsdf1 2021-10-13 19:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn’t SV just nitro sleep with Marsyas. HM VM Min Mad songs.

Done about 15 runs now, went Brd/nin and have Carn/kali as weapons so songs last the whole fight. Lullaby wears off around 21:00-21:30 minutes left on the timer.

Better to leave the Excalibur until last because if a DD dies it slows everything down.

Had a few times where half of the donors get woken up by curaga - the pld or run can super tank fine whilst DD’s pick them off.

we decided best to kill excalibur first, cause that's the only guy who can kill the pld. Couldn't sleep them again even with nitro reset with random deal either.
 Asura.Jokes
By Asura.Jokes 2021-10-14 00:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were to completely wipe, you can re-sleep with them with or without nitro once they completely reset onto their spawn spots :)
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-10-20 06:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the advantage of Paladin over Rune Fencer in this month's ambuscade?
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-10-20 06:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Balduran said: »

Pretty sure they arent undead so there isn't really. RUN gets the added bonus of Battuta vs Excalibur. I've had a PLD tank for a few runs this month and they nearly always ended up getting one shot by Excalibur idk if they weren't using cooldowns at the right time though I wasn't paying attention. The RUNs that I've had have hardly ever died.
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-10-20 07:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »

Pretty sure they arent undead so there isn't really. RUN gets the added bonus of Battuta vs Excalibur. I've had a PLD tank for a few runs this month and they nearly always ended up getting one shot by Excalibur idk if they weren't using cooldowns at the right time though I wasn't paying attention. The RUNs that I've had have hardly ever died.

The same happened with me, Paladin tanks got rinsed to Excalibur most of the time, while Rune Fencer survived each round. The Japanese community seems favor the Paladin as the preferred tank for this month's strategy, and Axel recommended it also on his blog, I don't understand why.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-10-20 07:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »

The same happened with me, Paladin tanks got rinsed to Excalibur most of the time, while Rune Fencer survived each round. The Japanese community seems favor the Paladin as the preferred tank for this month's strategy, and Axel recommended it also on his blog, I don't understand why.

Like I said before Battuta if you parry its hits Excalibur can't one shot you and it dies before Battuta wears off.
[+]