Fomor Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-03 03:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a week early but since* we already know it's Fomor, may as well get it started. It's important to be ahead of the curve. All the BARD shouts. You've got a week to get your bard ready, you're gonna need it. Bard is VITAL to this one's "standard setup". It's going to be THE shouted job.

Excalibur should be a lot of fun with triple HP (if they remember to do it...)

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51120/ambuscade-volume-1-july-2017/ || https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50544/ambuscade-volume-1-march-2017/

Random assortment of fomor wielding relics spawn. Each relic uses it's 2 hour
Sleep em all, kill Ahriman, pick off the relics one by one, reset if excal popped(lol). Ahriman can curaga to wake the relics and has CS DEATH as soon as it takes damage.
Really isn't much to say other than that. Standard stuff. Stuns are pretty good (OP). Strat is really going to depend on whether or not they got the HP tripled. It'll be a JOKE if they forget.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-03 03:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

In Before Fomors will be immune to NiTro Lullaby in next version hahahahahh

Btw didn't we get Fomors two times already? Wasn't their HP already tripled the second time it came around?
By kishr 2019-09-03 03:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren burn
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-03 03:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
In Before Fomors will be immune to NiTro Lullaby in next version hahahahahh

Btw didn't we get Fomors two times already? Wasn't their HP already tripled the second time it came around?

This is round 3 yes, triple hp for round 2, no

Quote:
03/17 fomors
04/17 Gigas (repeat) (BLM, water nukes)
05/17 Antica
06/17 Tonberry
07/17 Fomors (repeat) (melee, *** Excal, BRD month)
08/17 Sahagin
09/17 Qiqirn (HP TRIPLED UPDATE)

(september post does not mention SMN or new spell)
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-03 06:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't the update notes say....

Ambuscade features the return of the Ahriman for volume one, with volume two featuring but a mantid.

ah.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-03 06:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The strat I always have done was kill the fomors then the arihman. I thought cs death was only if the fomors were still alive.
By Artsncrafts 2019-09-03 07:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
The strat I always have done was kill the fomors then the arihman. I thought cs death was only if the fomors were still alive.

Correct
By Matic 2019-09-03 10:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

sense
By kishr 2019-09-03 10:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Still sounds like a afac smn siren burn party again.....

Can't someone care to even compile the whole Ambu list from start to finish and show the stats for each.
Instead of a new thread each month with 100 people bitching what to do.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-03 10:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you could literally go to the wiki and see each one broken down. It has them all in there, and easily findable.

[+]
By Viciouss 2019-09-03 10:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Can't someone care to even compile the whole Ambu list from start to finish and show the stats for each.

Hop to it.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-09-03 12:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's a week early but sense we already know it's Fomor, may as well get it started. It's important to be ahead of the curve. All the BARD shouts. You've got a week to get your bard ready, you're gonna need it. Bard is VITAL to this one's "standard setup". It's going to be THE shouted job.

Excalibur should be a lot of fun with triple HP (if they remember to do it...)

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51120/ambuscade-volume-1-july-2017/ || https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50544/ambuscade-volume-1-march-2017/

Random assortment of fomor wielding relics spawn. Each relic uses it's 2 hour
Sleep em all, kill Ahriman, pick off the relics one by one, reset if excal popped(lol). Ahriman can curaga to wake the relics and has CS DEATH as soon as it takes damage.
Really isn't much to say other than that. Standard stuff. Stuns are pretty good (OP). Strat is really going to depend on whether or not they got the HP tripled. It'll be a JOKE if they forget.

I believe that we will be just killing the Ahriman now. Could be wrong but the wording from the notes says:
Quote:
Ambuscade features the return of the Ahriman for volume one, with volume two featuring but a mantid. The past couple months have featured multiple foes to fight against, so this time we’re keeping things simple, with but a singular tough foe to topple. The sound of the chirping mantis is a sign that autumn will soon be upon us, so consider this my love letter to a time when the temperatures will drop below sweltering.

If so, I'll be very welcoming of another month of Pup burning this content.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-03 12:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We can't have a thread that has all the strats in one, people don't look back at pages. And new people come who've never done it before. So it's only logical to have a new thread every month... for ease of use. I do think that we should just unlock the previous months thread though instead of making a new one, but that's not my call.

But I do have every single ambuscade listed, with my notes though. VERY simple one sentence what to do/use.

Asura.Biglovin said: »
Stuff

....No. They talked about V2 being singular mob. And the Ahriman IS relics. Look at the pic. See the fomor?

Matic said: »
sense
Spell check always misses this one and it's my personal grey/gray QQ
 Asura.Biglovin
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-09-03 12:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Then why would they say we're giving us but a singular tough foe to topple?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-03 12:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Because when they "talk about ambuscade" they only ever mention volume 2.

Were you not here for the last relics? They are not making "new volume 1" anymore.
 Asura.Biglovin
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-09-03 12:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-03 12:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

He's right Big. Whenever they get into the whole omg summer was sooo hot, we're "toning down" the... blah blah blah rhetoric, it's always about V2. They only make new V2 fights, V1 is just a repeat. So them mentioning a "single foe" leads right into the part about them discussing the mantis. The previous V1 Flotiball fight was Ahriman with 2-8(?) relic adds. I'm not hip to the V2 fight for current month, but I'd bet its a multiple foe fight, making more sense of the discussion about going t a singular threat.

Fight from what I remember was to kill adds first (in order of most to least dangerous 1hrs), then down the flotiball, which can be tanked by a RUN or NIN the entire time I believe. He's squishy afterwards. PLD was pretty rough, since AE could hit into the tens of thousands if Excalibur procced. WHM was also pretty strong too iirc. It's actually a pretty fun fight, wasn't hard clearing at all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-09-03 12:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Still sounds like a afac smn siren burn party again.....

Sounds like a great project!

I'll be cheering you on!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-09 23:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope you got your bards ready.
By Ruaumoko 2019-09-10 00:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The really dangerous Fomors are the Spharai and especially the Excalibur.

/NIN is highly recommended to avoid getting smited by the Excalibur's effect and to avoid the high damage Counter from the Spharai.

If you can pull it off a DD/Tank PLD might be better than RUN for this since Holy Circle can be kept up full time and it's effects work on Fomors.

DRG was also a solid DD choice last time because all Fomors are vulnerable to Leg Sweep's Stun effect, which can speed up clear time quite a bit if you stop Invincible (Excalibur/Aegis) or Perfect Dodge (Mandau) from going off.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-09-10 00:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

With ambu line speed as fast as it is now, you can always force exit and re-enter if you don't feel like dealing with Excalibur. Keep re-entering until you get the mix that's the least dangerous.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-10 01:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
reset if excal popped(lol)
By Pantafernando 2019-09-10 04:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a couple of testings before going to work.

Tried gravity (subduction + elemental seal), it doesnt see any add is vulnerable to that.

Still, kitting seems doable with just Carmine Legs. You can get some good amount of time before burning lullaby.

Tried 2 adds HP, anni and yoshi, both seems to have 200k HP. Tried in both normal and VD, same HP. Bozzetto ahriman seems to have around 350k HP (VD).
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2019-09-11 10:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Well, you could literally go to the wiki and see each one broken down. It has them all in there, and easily findable.

Lmfao.
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2019-09-11 11:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

/NIN is highly recommended to avoid getting smited by the Excalibur's effect and to avoid the high damage Counter from the Spharai.

If you can pull it off a DD/Tank PLD might be better than RUN for this since Holy Circle can be kept up full time and it's effects work on Fomors.

DRG was also a solid DD choice last time because all Fomors are vulnerable to Leg Sweep's Stun effect, which can speed up clear time quite a bit if you stop Invincible (Excalibur/Aegis) or Perfect Dodge (Mandau) from going off.

Why can't our Excalibur's smite everything.... Stupid SE!!!
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-11 11:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Can confirm last night Excal is stupid af.

Hit our tank for just shy of 70k damage. lol

On the flip side, with a good kill speed, this thing beats a normal CP party. Each mob gives about 15~20k CP.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2019-09-11 11:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sirlagieth said: »

Barance
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-11 11:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't have 300k hp, so, yeah, if we did, it would
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-11 11:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
Fenrir.Sirlagieth said: »

Barance

When your PLD can have 200k HP you can do 70k AE hits too!
First Page 2 3 4 5