Top 5 RMEAs to rank 15 and why
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-08-22 17:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I Dano I don’t have one yet just curious.

Ok people want specifics besides favorites okay I’ll make it easy.

The top 5 most useful RMEAs to rank 15. Your reasons why go:
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-22 17:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

1) The one you will use the most (because you will use it the most)
2) The one you will use the second most (because you won't use it as much as 1)
345 the ones you will use the most that aren't 1 and 2 (because you will use them less than 1 and 2)
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2019-08-22 17:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, this is a VERY loaded question lol. Perhaps if you listed a job? Or something? Otherwise, it really is whatever you like best.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-08-22 17:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Generalising, I would say Caladbolg, Masamune, Chango for top tier physical damage.

Death Penalty for even higher leaden salutes, which is exploited heavily already in current game.

Then I would say there is an argument to make top 5 between gastraphetes (when exploitable is very high mag dmg), twashtar (very strong option for 3 jobs), tizona (makes blu damage very competitive with top tier dps), Verethragna (makes mnk a top tier dps)and annihilator (strong damage progression through ranking process all whilst being near hate free).
[+]
 Leviathan.Dekay
Server: Leviathan
user: dekayx
By Leviathan.Dekay 2019-08-22 17:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Only answer:
1. Dylan
2. Dylan
3. Dylan
4. Dylan
5. Dylan
[+]
By Felgarr 2019-08-22 18:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Generalising, I would say Caladbolg, Masamune, Chango for top tier physical damage.

Death Penalty for even higher leaden salutes, which is exploited heavily already in current game.

Then I would say there is an argument to make top 5 between gastraphetes (when exploitable is very high mag dmg), twashtar (very strong option for 3 jobs), tizona (makes blu damage very competitive with top tier dps), Verethragna (makes mnk a top tier dps)and annihilator (strong damage progression through ranking process all whilst being near hate free).

Thanks for making the effort to answer this question. This is the best answer so far.

If interested in WS frequency (instead of max damage, can R15 Doji instead of Masa).

I can't make any recommendations for Warrior over Chango, because I don't know enough yet. (You could do Farsha, for a 1-handed Fencer build, I suppose, but this makes other assumptions).

If you find yourself unable to stay alive with Caladbolg, I strongly recommend Apocalypse too (especially when you're having trouble keeping Last Resort up, as well).

If you're going to Savage Blade spam on RDM, you could R15 sequence and offhand Thibron. (Or for CDC spam, you can R15 Almace and offhand Thibron or Sequence).

If you truly want Max. Pet Acc, you could R15 Nirvana. :P

I can't really think of any other pieces that motivate me to Rank 15 them...
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-08-22 18:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you like to Smash? Zap? or Pew?

Quote:
If you're going to Savage Blade spam on RDM, you could R15 sequence

Sequence is pretty meh compared to every other RDM weapon options. RDM also have very good non-rema options. If you gonna REMA, I'd do another job. Almace is pretty schweet though.
By Boshi 2019-08-22 18:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Verethragna (makes mnk a top tier dps)

k

--

unrelated but all of Felgarr's advice sucks.
[+]
By Taint 2019-08-22 18:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a bunch of R15s.

My Top 5: Masamune, Chango, Cala, Trishula, Tizona

Top wish list: DP, Liberator, Ryunohige, Annihilator
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-08-22 18:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

last i checked ppl were still speaking of lolmnk, is one month of ambu realy enough to 180 ppls perception?
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-08-22 18:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

All mage mythics because macc
By Pilipinoboi 2019-08-22 18:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the job and events you play but in current meta I'd say the first 3 I list are all interchangeable, plus listed personally based on group usefulness and the last 2 are for personal opinion and can be changed to whatever;

Murgleis (Return of the recent RDM bandwagon just calls for it, even with Croc, you still slightly beat it with this on AM situations that can call for it.)
DP<>Gastra (If you're part of W3 clears and even then, still beefy for other events)
Calad<>Chango<>Masa (Dependent on the DD you're "Main" as)
Apoc (DRK for life)
Kikoku (Relics really got the best R15 boosts out of all RMEA if you play job specific)
[+]
By Boshi 2019-08-22 20:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Real answer:
Look at what use use the most already.
Of the weapons you use the most is the WS aug for it the weaponskill you spam while using it?
By Felgarr 2019-08-22 20:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elizabet said: »

Quote:

Sequence is pretty meh compared to every other RDM weapon options. RDM also have very good non-rema options. If you gonna REMA, I'd do another job. Almace is pretty schweet though.

The purpose of this thread was around reasons for picking your Top 5 Rank 15 weapons...so I don't understand why you'd toss in non-REMA weapons as an option. (And if you are going to do that, maybe suggest better non-REMA alternatives for RDM than mainhand Sequence or Almace?).

Boshi said: »

k

--

If you're going to make an assertion without proof, I can dismiss it, also without proof. And, for any of the jobs I mentioned, could you take a second to provide a better REMA weapon to Rank 15? It would help others make a decision, especially for jobs that have many viable REMA options, like SAM and WAR.

On the otherhand, for the minimum amount of effort you've demonstrated, thank you for your contribution to this thread, but your post just isn't constructive.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-08-22 20:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Verethragna
Gastra
Doji
Idris
Xuicoatl

Reason: because I play those jobs and love them. I have more rank 15 but those are my personal top 5 for my playtime.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-08-22 23:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
If you're going to make an assertion without proof, I can dismiss it, also without proof. And, for any of the jobs I mentioned, could you take a second to provide a better REMA weapon to Rank 15? It would help others make a decision, especially for jobs that have many viable REMA options, like SAM and WAR.

On the otherhand, for the minimum amount of effort you've demonstrated, thank you for your contribution to this thread, but your post just isn't constructive.

Naegling and Maxentius are both better mainhands for Thibron than Sequence. R15 Sequence barely gains anything that warrants the price tag as DMG+8 wouldn't even register on a parse and Ambu weapons provide more Accuracy.

As far as RDM REMA go: Almace is the best R15 for physical damage (self-Lights) and Murgleis is the best R15 for MACC.

For proof see my RDM damage parses in the guide thread.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-08-23 00:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elizabet said: »

Quote:

The purpose of this thread was around reasons for picking your Top 5 Rank 15 weapons...so I don't understand why you'd toss in non-REMA weapons as an option. (And if you are going to do that, maybe suggest better non-REMA alternatives for RDM than mainhand Sequence or Almace?).

Boshi said: »

k

--

Proof: Monk is ***.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-08-23 00:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Redemption
2. Nagi
3. Bravura
4. Tri-Edge
5. Mandau

Don't @ me.
By Felgarr 2019-08-23 02:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »

Naegling and Maxentius are both better mainhands for Thibron than Sequence. R15 Sequence barely gains anything that warrants the price tag as DMG+8 wouldn't even register on a parse and Ambu weapons provide more Accuracy.

As far as RDM REMA go: Almace is the best R15 for physical damage (self-Lights) and Murgleis is the best R15 for MACC.

For proof see my RDM damage parses in the guide thread.

Thanks, this was helpful. I should have clarified in my earlier post, that there are better options than Sequence for Savage Blade spam before mentioning it as an option for Rank 15. (I put blinders on and when attempting to answer OP's open-ended question, I restricted myself to just REMA weapons and the merits of taking them to Rank 15).
 Lakshmi.Cortez
Server: Lakshmi
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2019-08-23 02:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Given current meta:
DP - Dyna, some escha/resinjima, some ambu
gastra- dyna, some escha/resinjima, Kei, Ou
Calad- escha, omen, dyna
Tizona-escha,ambu, dyna, (bringing blue into the top tier dd discussion along with all the utility Blu offers)
The 5th is really a toss up between:
Liberator (still a lot of debate as to if calad or lib is better at r15)
Masa
Doji
chango
Twash

Reasoning- War is really most used inside escha and inside escha Raetic Algol +1 reforms the same or slightly better then r15 Chango. Obviously chango r15 for everything outside. But a calad drk is going to be sightly better in dyna. Same equation for Sam weapons, in dyna, drk gonna be better as Sam really thrives when it is the only DD due to skillchaing. Twash gets mentioned for THF due to the obvious need for TH inside Dyna. Given the right conditions, THF can bounce around in the top of parsing if it is able to get a good amount of stacked rudras off

The next tier would likely be:
Epeo
Anni
Apoc

After this we start to get into niche stuff such as:
Terpischorde for solo DD play
Rdm showing off
Bravura for DT hybrid
Fomal for Cor phys attach
Smn for 30 acc
Vere for niche subtle blow fights such as ambus like this month, even though there are many many many viable strategies

They are all good in their own right, as they are all buffs to the weapon. I would suggest your first r15 to be the most used job from the top tier listed above. After that, do it for your favorite weapon.

I personally have R15 Tiz, Chango, Lionheart, and Death Penalty. I haven’t been on cor much as my LS has been primarily doing dynamos for farming and clearing for jobs as of late. My personal favorite is Tiz however because I love Blu and it gives great WS damage, on top of having the great utility of giving MP back. You can also abuse the AM3 with your acc sets.

I would love to have a Gastra or murg r15 but I really don’t want to spend the effort to make an end game ranager or rdm right now. The most likely next r15 I make will be Epeo as I’m getting really close to finishing coalitions
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-08-23 03:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Epeo

Meh, I don't feel there's much practical difference in Epeo R0 and R15 since the augments are all focused on offense.

I suppose YMMV on whether you're really using a lot of Epeo hybrid sets to tank while also seeking to pump up melee damage. But are you really doing that? If you want to play sturdy DD RUN, Lionheart is usually a better call anyway. So even just comparing RUN's two RMEAs, I'd prioritize Aeonic for augments since those actually MATTER for any situation where you'd want to use the weapon. Most of the time when I'm using Epeo, I don't really care about extra offensive stats.
[+]
By kishr 2019-08-23 03:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikoku doji lionheart chango epeo Aeneas.
This topic is only based on what people like to play.
So doesn't matter.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-08-23 04:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
Epeo

Meh, I don't feel there's much practical difference in Epeo R0 and R15 since the augments are all focused on offense.
Was about to say the same but then again one of the (many) points why RUN is so much liked these days over other proper tanks is exactely because of its capabilities of dealing decent damage while tanking.
So, if you see things from that point of view, I guess it sorta does make sense.

Quote:
If you want to play sturdy DD RUN, Lionheart is usually a better call anyway.
Granted Lionheart can turn RUN into one hell of a DD and that Lionheart was already godly at R0 so R15 is only better, I'm not sure if I agree.
I mean, for Lionheart to really shine you really need to be att capped or really close to that, and I don't think that happens often outside of short SP zergs, does it?

Aside from that, Epeolatry gives you such an insane freedom in the other equipment slots, it's hard to give it up if you really want to maximize your survivability against stuff that's really somewhat dangerous, especially for stuff like being hit by dangerous moves during precast/midcast/WS.

I dunno, I think this is truly, more so than other similar threads in the past, a matter of personal preference and which jobs you play most.
Is there really any R15 weapon that's so much incredibly better than other options available, when compared to the R0 counterparts?
Maybe Tizona, judging at the DPS tier list thread that recently received a lot of attention and numbers. Tizona/TPbonus clearly is quite ahead of other options for BLU.

Some other examples? Clearly not Sequence or Aeneas, which are nice but really the difference between R0 and R15 is very minimal, at best.
Verethragna is really nice at R15 but MNK isn't a top tier job anymore. Granted it still suffer from a stygma and most people underestimate it, but still...

I mean take for example Carnwenhan. R15 makes it BiS for macc/debuffs and also turns Carn once again into a perfectly viable weapon for DD.
Which is nice! But despite all the attention ddBRD has received over the last year from the playerbase, I'd dare say DDing is still a secondary aspect of a job like BRD, and I'm one of those who love that and has been DDing for years (and my Carn is my, so far, only R15 weapon)
So can we say Carn is one of the "top 5 priority RMEAs to turn R15 asap"? I dunno.
Unless you're really hardcore on BRD in general and ddBRD specifically clearly the answer would be "no".

I feel this applies to the large majority of RMEAs. Almost all of them save a few exceptions like Tizona and, I dunno what else really.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-08-23 04:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I feel some Ambu weapons, in their last form, are so good that it sorta changes the "necessity" of R15ing your RMEAs at all cost, if you get what I mean.

Of course it depends on the job, not all Ambu weapons are that good, but clearly some are.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-08-23 08:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Granted i have R15 Epeo, but i honestly don't even see a whole lot of reason to AG it. You get the added acc/dmg and a smidge of enm+ but you'll probably pay an average of 50m for it, and for your average player that isn't quite worth it. I personally never have the need to do hybrid tanking.

My personal top 5 are:
1.DP
2.Masa
3.Liberator
4.Calad
5.Foma or Yoichi
By Taint 2019-08-23 08:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

Granted i have R15 Epeo, but i honestly don't even see a whole lot of reason to AG it. You get the added acc/dmg and a smidge of enm+ but you'll probably pay an average of 50m for it, and for your average player that isn't quite worth it. I personally never have the need to do hybrid tanking.

My personal top 5 are:
1.DP
2.Masa
3.Liberator
4.Calad
5.Foma or Yoichi

Do you mean Anni?

I have R15 Yoichi and it is hot garbage.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-08-23 09:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said:
Do you mean Anni?

I have R15 Yoichi and it is hot garbage.

Nope! I enjoy doing different stuff and using a bow sam in rng burns, obviously requires the right sets/buffs and flurry2 though to even compete though.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-08-23 09:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

100% BEST REMA to R15:
5. Tri-edge
4. Yoichinoyumi
3. Tishtrya
2. Hvergelmir
1. Gambanteinn
[+]
By Boshi 2019-08-23 09:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoichi is used for Samurai during weakness.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 9 10 11