FFXIAH No Longer Updated From Guildwork?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » FFXIAH no longer updated from Guildwork?
FFXIAH no longer updated from Guildwork?
First Page 2
 Asura.Dibble
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2019-08-18 05:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this has been reported/this is a dup.

My FFXIAH profile hasn't been updated from GW since mid-July. I've looked at a few random equipment histories and they all stop updating around the same time.

Is it finally permenantly broken?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2019-08-18 13:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

See the other thread, it happens all the time, it's being looked at.
By Josiahafk 2019-08-18 13:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No profit in fixing it sadly, I would expect permanent.
 Asura.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2019-08-18 14:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's the other thread?

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2019-08-18 16:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahafk said: »
No profit in fixing it sadly, I would expect permanent.
I wouldn't, Rooks is already aware.
 Shiva.Phioness
Server: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2019-08-18 19:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Could we do kickstarter/gofundme errrr something like it to get the people operating FFXIAH and Guildwork to update the sites, make improvements, and add a couple new features while getting rid of out of date stuff. I'd be willing to pop in some cash to get everything up do date.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-18 19:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The guy who made guildwork is a millionaire, he doesn't give a single *** about it anymore. and only like 2 people on earth have access to it.

The only real option is start something new, which paying someone to dev is what I said should be done. If these people care this much about fake internet points, pay thorny a grand (5 bucks each) I'm sure he would do it. Build something right into ashita and windower.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2019-08-18 20:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Like a Patreon?
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-08-18 23:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The guy who made guildwork is a millionaire, he doesn't give a single *** about it anymore. and only like 2 people on earth have access to it.

The only real option is start something new, which paying someone to dev is what I said should be done. If these people care this much about fake internet points, pay thorny a grand (5 bucks each) I'm sure he would do it. Build something right into ashita and windower.

Don't think he's a millionaire but he works for discord now, last I recall making emoji's or something dumb.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-18 23:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Vishnevskiy is the CTO of Discord, a popular chat service for gamers with a massive daily active user base. He helped conceive of, design and create the platform with cofounder and CEO Jason Citron. Discord is currently valued at $770 million. Previously, Vishnevskiy developed tools for MMOs including Final Fantasy XI.

​The startup recently doubled its valuation to some $1.65 billion, earning it so-called "unicorn" status.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-08-19 07:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Zirconian said: »
//gw /flush

It’s not that part that seems to be the issue, but rather having what Guildwork picks up synchronized with FFXIAH. People’s equipped items or REMA lists aren’t updating on their profiles here, even if shown on Guildwork.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-19 08:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

pay thorny a grand

A grand for a whole guildwork replacement and windower/ashita integration? Sadly, the amount of work involved is worth easily 5-10x that. The plugins and data reporting are simple enough, but guildwork has a whole lot to it.

The only realistic way a full replacement is happening is if someone takes it up as a hobby, there's no way for the development cost and the potential revenue to meet otherwise.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-19 09:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, it's just got to track like a thousand items and like 100 titles? It doesn't have to verify rank 1 2 3 4 5... just you're either done or you're not. It doesn't have to track 2100 job points, you're either master or you're not. Just something quick and dirty to get em to stop whining about guildwork being broken every 5 minutes.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-19 12:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Tracking everything xiah tracks is quite easily done with existing APIs and minimal additional work. Feeding it to xiah isn't very hard either unless their back end is a mess. So, if that's the scope you're talking, you're right that it's not a big deal.

If the xiah staff were open to working with people, there likely wouldn't even be payment needed for such a small task, but the last few times it came up they weren't very receptive to the numerous offers for help they received.

Making a replacement website comparable to guildwork, on the other hand, is a large undertaking which amounts to probably 100-300 dev hours. That is how I read 'something new'.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-08-19 12:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Last I heard, their backend was a total mess, Rooks was working on cleaning it up but life happens.
 Sylph.Zenairis
Server: Sylph
user: Altairis
By Sylph.Zenairis 2019-08-19 13:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well regardless this website and Guildwork gave us all something that was back in its time revolutionary.

I couldn't thank the people behind both projects enough for what they gave to the player base or even SE for producing this game. I mean I've been coming here for 13 years now and I still find it funny that I prefer this game and its extremely dated design to anything else on the market.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-08-19 16:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Phioness said: »
Could we do kickstarter/gofundme errrr something like it to get the people operating FFXIAH and Guildwork to update the sites, make improvements, and add a couple new features while getting rid of out of date stuff. I'd be willing to pop in some cash to get everything up do date.
Asura.Suteru said: »
Like a Patreon?

Money isn't necessarily the issue. It's time. The people who maintain FFXIAH have jobs and this is really a side project in the long run. No amount of gofundme or kickstarter donations will be enough for them to get away from their jobs (if they even have that option) for long enough to fix stuff.

Even ignoring time, I know for sure at one point Rooks said he had very little access to the website's backend which makes fixing it doubly annoying.

TLDR: Money, especially what little would come from the people who use these services, is not the issue and would fix nothing.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-08-19 17:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Setup go fund me to contract a web dev.
Said web dev rewrites site.
We get a better site that's easier to maintain with updated code.
Con: possibly everyone loses their post count.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-08-19 17:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »
Con: possibly everyone loses their post count.

What if we implement classic post counts?
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-08-19 17:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Draylo 2019-08-19 18:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Discord already beat out Teamspeak and those older programs, they did quite a nice job on it. Of course now it is being pushed to a paid service more and more, but grats to him for that success.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-08-22 18:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

profile updated

Just sayin

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [157 days between previous and next post]
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2020-01-26 16:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to not be working again, nothing updates. Hasn't for several weeks now. Was working before. Will it work again?
By Felgarr 2020-01-26 16:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
pay thorny a grand

A grand for a whole guildwork replacement and windower/ashita integration? Sadly, the amount of work involved is worth easily 5-10x that. The plugins and data reporting are simple enough, but guildwork has a whole lot to it.

The only realistic way a full replacement is happening is if someone takes it up as a hobby, there's no way for the development cost and the potential revenue to meet otherwise.

Yeah tell me about it. :(
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-26 17:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks is aware he needs scragg to fix it
By kishr 2020-01-26 17:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Must.... Have.... E...... Peeennn.....
First Page 2