Forum » FFXI » General » Omen glitch
Omen glitch
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-08-09 22:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

My group has encountered the same glitch three times in a row. Killing from the bunnies clockwise around the floor, we found that the last two waves (eyes & pixies) despawn when the the objective timer ends. Anyone else experiencing this?

Update: On our fourth run we killed the pixies first, and went anti-clockwise. We waited after the lizards for the clock to stop, and the last two waves remained.
[+]
 Asura.Chevalios
Server: Asura
user: Chevalios
By Asura.Chevalios 2019-08-10 00:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hacks!!! We had no such issues today... did 3 runs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-08-10 09:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Did four runs last night non-anti-clockwise and eyes/pixies were there.
By Boshi 2019-08-10 11:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure you didn't just have someone go anti-establishment and go counter clockwise alone
[+]
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-08-10 11:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I just farmed SADs on my two characters separately. I started with the rabbits and continued clockwise, but all of the other monsters were there. Verified because my limit chain ended on 95, meaning I killed all 96 starting on floor 1.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-08-10 12:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

We are 100% sure it happened, because on the third run we left a mule at the start to watch the Pixies as we killed clockwise. There were four of us, and we always stick together in case anyone gets too many links.

It was baffling when it happened the first time, but we chalked it down to bad luck. The second time we laughed because it seemed this glitch was repeating. So on the third time we left the mule at the start, and we confirmed all the floating eyes & pixies depopped after the objective timer hit zero. Maybe it's a server thing? Did anyone else on Cerberus encounter this last night?
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-08-10 14:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always done eye and pixie last and never once encountered this.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-08-10 14:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Same, before last night I had always (99% of the time) killed from the bunnies and ended on the Pixies, and never encountered this problem before.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Server: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-08-10 15:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
If you solo farm Omen how many crystals are you getting? Isn't it like 12 a run? Which means to get 600 or so for a R15 it would be 50 runs?

I do every SAD run alone and I have been writing the numbers down for the last two months or so. All on THF with TH tag (so you can assume TH 8 or 9 on every target), I got 1561 SADs total out of 129 runs. In all of these samples, all 96 monsters have been killed.

1561/129, about 12.10 SADs/canteen if you were interested at all. It does fluctuate a lot, though. I have seen as low as 4 and as high as 21 within these 129 runs.
[+]
By Felgarr 2019-08-10 17:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What does the acronym SAD, being used in this thread, mean?
 Ragnarok.Matix
Server: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2019-08-10 17:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

S. Astral Detritus
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jiing
Server: Ragnarok
user: F0urty2
By Ragnarok.Jiing 2019-08-10 17:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rajang said: »
DirectX said: »
If you solo farm Omen how many crystals are you getting? Isn't it like 12 a run? Which means to get 600 or so for a R15 it would be 50 runs?

I do every SAD run alone and I have been writing the numbers down for the last two months or so. All on THF with TH tag (so you can assume TH 8 or 9 on every target), I got 1561 SADs total out of 129 runs. In all of these samples, all 96 monsters have been killed.

1561/129, about 12.10 SADs/canteen if you were interested at all. It does fluctuate a lot, though. I have seen as low as 4 and as high as 21 within these 129 runs.

I know this is eyeballing without having recorded anything,but I would like to give my opinion. I think I'll start recording though.

My full time this set has as much th as I can fit, th+16. Now I stay in my th set full time when farming swarts,or anything I am trying to raise the level on. I know max starting is 8, but I feel you have a greater chance to level up the on a mob when your +th is higher than the current level.

I do see fluctuations as well, as many as 24, with 16-18 being the expectation. I never see less than 12.ever. that I can promise.
My runs take a little longer,if I used tag I would be in full ws and tp gears and I clear faster,but I fear a lesser average as has been reported with thf.so the time is worth it to me.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-08-10 18:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jiing said: »
I know max starting is 8, but I feel you have a greater chance to level up the on a mob when your +th is higher than the current level.
This may be the case. SE did a very bad translation a few years ago that kinda read like this. If my only job as THF is max TH I also have a set for THF with a bunch of +2 TH augs I swap into.
[+]
By missdivine 2019-08-10 18:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
We are 100% sure it happened, because on the third run we left a mule at the start to watch the Pixies as we killed clockwise. There were four of us, including myself, Quilly, Davcon, and Highewing (w/ 2 mules), and we always stick together in case anyone gets too many links.

It was baffling when it happened the first time, but we chalked it down to bad luck. The second time we laughed because it seemed this glitch was repeating. So on the third time we left the mule at the start, and Highewing confirmed all the floating eyes & pixies depopped after the objective timer hit zero. Maybe it's a server thing? Did anyone else on Cerberus encounter this last night?
Cool story bro, you don't have to write down every toon name that was on your party, long useless reply with unnecessary info.
By Quizzy 2019-08-10 19:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
Cool story bro, you don't have to write down every toon name that was on your party, long useless reply with unnecessary info.

Are you always a *** or only on special occasions?
[+]
By Draylo 2019-08-10 19:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Latifah, how have you been
By missdivine 2019-08-10 19:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Hi Latifah, how have you been
Better than ever, Missing your hysteria moments.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-08-10 20:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quizzy said: »
missdivine said: »

Are you always a *** or only on special occasions?

Yep, someone who has to pick fault in everything. So I added some names? People on Cerb know those players won't make things up. I removed the names, seen as it offended the guy so greatly; not that it takes much. Cool story bro? Sure is bro.
By Honeybaked 2019-08-10 20:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Toon.... Yuck
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-08-11 07:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't encounter this in the 4 runs I did. I always kill clockwise out of habit and I'm rather slow I'd say, so if they had to depop, they'd have.

You guys most likely did something that you usually do not. It doesn't sound farfetched to me, you just have to go over every detail and see what changed.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-08-11 07:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
Are you sure you didn't just have someone go anti-establishment and go counter clockwise alone
My money is on this. Especially if there is a good BLU in the group.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-08-11 08:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well not same issue but randomly disbanded us couldn’t get re invited. 5 mins invited showed up but the person was gone. So we logged out logged back in all characters in omen get server error. On mules not in omen just fine. I guess I have to wait till omen time runs out.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-11 08:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

He's saying the pixies and eyes are physically depopping when timer ends, not that they just aren't there. If someone was killing pixies in the mean time, you could easily see the messages in chat log or you would reasonably ask "hey where are the pixies" and someone would explain they already killed them.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-08-11 13:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me repeat myself, although Missdivine will probably throw a fit.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-08-12 14:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I wouldn't expect the people he listed to be 100% able to give a list of what they did step by step but I'd actually give credit if they say that stuff worked a certain way, I'd believe them.

Now as to find the why, we may never know.