Projection
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-15 09:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
OP is trying to get rid of unwanted feelings and thoughts in the form of terrible threads.
He could, you know, instead, look at your avatar for therapy.

It works for me.

[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-15 10:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

How about a picture of a projector (contributing)

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-15 10:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-07-15 10:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Apes said: »
The coward is what you are.
Found my new tattoo.
[+]
By Sations 2019-07-15 10:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

can a mod delete this and the other HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE threads or atleast move them to a non ffxi forum
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-15 10:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw, I like my post count as it is right now.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-15 10:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs more cowbell though.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-15 10:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sations said: »
can a mod delete this and the other HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE threads or atleast move them to a non ffxi forum

If they started deleting HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE threads they might as well shut down FFXIAH.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-07-15 10:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if you find this one mod can you tell ask them Where Waldo is cause I can't find that rascal !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-07-15 11:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to call on a mod, you just need to say the magic words.
By missdivine 2019-07-15 17:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
There are some trivial points here.

While I agree that this game has many basic mechanics and may not require much skill compared to other games , there are some areas where skill can shine through..

There is a certain degree of skill involved at this stage where you are controlling multiple accounts.. Let's take this concept even further and remove "send" addons and scripts that help you automate these accounts, then suddenly you are alt tabbing and having to bounce back and fourth windows and think several more steps ahead which makes it more challenging...

Also there are a degrees of communication skills and socialization skills involved in building an effective team that works together perfectly.. This falls into the leadership skill area as well.. No average Joe from the street can do this..

Right now addons are skewing our perception a bit.. But there are areas of FFXI that require skill.. Also, let's not forget the creators of all the addons deserve some skill credit... They definitely applied their programming skills..

You have to take each category of association and judge all involved in FFXI independently..

None of these statements makes a player "skilled" the average player can maintain a social and positive atmosphere in order to build an effective team which is very common in MMORPGs, and yes... Creating addons requires major skills but that's another story which it doesn't necessarily make you a "legendary player" inside the game but a major contributor to the community.
By volkom 2019-07-15 18:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

outside of people putting out huge numbers, acquiring gear, or being able to support the party/alliance ~ I always fancied linkshells or people who coordinate & lead events. That imo is the true skill of the game. Getting people together to get ***
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-15 18:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
outside of people putting out huge numbers, acquiring gear, or being able to support the party/alliance ~ I always fancied linkshells or people who coordinate & lead events. That imo is the true skill of the game. Getting people together to get ***

That's pretty accurate. While playing the game has literally zero skill, being the zookeeper getting you animals organized and trained definitely counts as a skill.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2019-07-15 21:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

I agree. This is a major point here.. I emphasize that an average player cannot do this.. They can try but they won't do it as good as the other guy that shines at it and attracts more and succeeds at maintaining a larger base through the toughest content..

I am not that great or skilled as my bro Ejinn is on Ragnarok with his celebrity fame on Youtube and Twitch.. but I do have some experience leading stuff.. I have a great team on Asura that I lead.. It is definitely stressful and does take some skill and experience that I've gained over the years.. We have lots of fun. ^_^

missdivine said: »

None of these statements makes a player "skilled" the average player can maintain a social and positive atmosphere in order to build an effective team which is very common in MMORPGs, and yes... Creating addons requires major skills but that's another story which it doesn't necessarily make you a "legendary player" inside the game but a major contributor to the community.

sorry bro.. it takes a lot more to make a powerful LS than maintaining a positive social atmosphere..... "Average player" Linkshells in your definition do not clear really tough content. ..Unfortunately, they end up failing to Bubbly Bernie and end up transfering to Nasomi Server to pass away... We ship their bodies there from Asura free of charge..
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2019-07-15 21:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

/thread