Forum » Windower » Support » The blank text and massive lag bug again
The blank text and massive lag bug again
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-07-12 04:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah, I reloaded a standard Windower addon (I don't remember which), and my text went blank. "Le sigh". I deal with it and play by memory. But then I hear my GPU fan spinning up and down as if my AiO is running warm.
"Funny..." I thought. My AiO is usually at idle fan speed while playing FFXI; even with 3 characters running.

I check Task Manager and I notice that the SYSTEM process is using 30% of GPU 0 - Copy. "Weird..." I thought. I looked up what this engine does and it says it moves memory from one place to another.

Why would GPU 0 - Copy run so high when the text disappears? I don't know enough about it to postulate a theory.

Does anyone know? It's definitely linked. What goes on with the blank text Windower bug that causes GPU 0 - Copy to spike to 30%?
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-07-12 08:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

30% spike is normal. Expect more fans and higher spikes as you get deeper into endgame.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
Server: Asura
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2019-07-12 10:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It is the new installer causing the problem. I reinstalled the game using the old installer and am back to 12% gpu usage instead 30%+
 Shiva.Malthar
Server: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-07-12 13:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
30% spike is normal. Expect more fans and higher spikes as you get deeper into endgame.
No, it's not normal. I killed the process that was causing the blank text issue and GPU 0 - Copy went down to below zero.

Something is happening. I suspect DX is crashing somehow and reverting to simple graphics. The blank text is probably a symptom.