Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » POL-2059 / POL-0512 DC every hour
POL-2059 / POL-0512 DC every hour
By zZeakean 2019-06-16 09:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone getting D/C every hour? nothing else is disconnecting at all. I have tried everything I can think of. I have tried port forwarding bought a new router re-set everything, downloaded new drivers, called my internet provider to see if there was a problem on their end. Nothing has worked and only FFXI is d/cing.
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-16 10:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Top screenshot is recent post in 2-page thread that has explanation, solutions, and others experiencing the same problem posting their situations.

Bottom post is 30 minutes later. Had to make an entirely new thread, I guess.
By zZeakean 2019-06-16 11:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tried all the fixes people have suggested was hoping someone had some other fix
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-16 11:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you misclick this by chance..?

Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-06-16 11:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've gotten 2059'd every morning 3 mornings in a row, not hourly though
By zZeakean 2019-06-16 11:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

that's off also
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-16 12:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I have two current issues with FFXI. One is the mentioned disconnects. That may be a Windows issue. I use Windows 7. Something to do with IP leases. It never was an issue before the middle of last month. Now, I just restart my computer each time I want to sit down and play FFXI. It's the only thing that works for me; otherwise I get the hourly boot.

The other thing is when I launch Windower, the program hangs the first time and I have to use Windows Task Manager to kill the program and then reopen it after. Then it works.

I think things like this are only going to get worse with each version update. As they muck about with things, they will keep messing up, making issues, and breaking things.

I honestly havn't had this much trouble with a Final Fantasy game since Final Fantasy 1 on the NES. This 100% feels exactly like taking the NES cart out and blowing on it.

100%
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-16 12:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower problems aren't ffxi's issue and the disconnects are likely out of SE's control as well. Intermediary nodes develop issues, may even be your home network configuration. It's ridiculous to suggest they will get worse, as they are not even SE's problem to begin with.

Your DHCP lease is entirely on your own side of your modem and is a matter of settings. It should not disconnect you regardless of the interval unless something is functioning improperly.

To be more specific, the process is basically:
Computer requests an IP address from router for [interval, let's say 10 minutes].
When half of interval[5 minutes] has elapsed, computer asks router to give it another full interval[10 minutes].
If the interval is 7/8 complete and the router hasn't allowed it to renew, it will accept any IP instead of requiring the original one to be renewed.. this will disconnect you.

It doesn't matter if your lease interval is 5 minutes or 2 days, there's a problem going on somewhere if you're being disconnected regularly due to DHCP.
By Sieve 2019-06-16 12:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Try using a vpn. Try one with a free trial and see if that helps.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-16 12:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sieve said: »
Try using a vpn. Try one with a free trial and see if that helps.

A VPN will mask many problems with your own network and possibly skip some intermediate nodes, but it also significantly delays everything going on and you'll feel like you're playing with severe lag in most cases. Plus, they cost money.

If it isn't a widespread issue and can't be traced to a certain node, it's likely your own network.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-16 12:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Windower problems aren't ffxi's issue and the disconnects are likely out of SE's control as well. Intermediary nodes develop issues, may even be your home network configuration. It's ridiculous to suggest they will get worse, as they are not even SE's problem to begin with.

Your DHCP lease is entirely on your own side of your modem and is a matter of settings. It should not disconnect you regardless of the interval unless something is functioning improperly.

I didn't say Windower problems were FFXI's issue, but... Windower and FFXI kind of go hand-in-hand for me so when Windower mucks up, it screws FFXI. "Suggesting they (problems) will get worse" with FFXI isn't that ridiculous as each with update, I see people with new problems popping up somewhere.

Off topic:

I know that Microsoft Windows, FFXI, and Windower are all separate things and no fixes are going to come from one to solve the other. I just know one of the three has changed something recently (I wasn't messing with my settings before this all started borking) and it's mucking up the others.
By zZeakean 2019-06-16 12:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I am not the best with all this stuff so I have no idea what I can do or how to do it really, its just *** annoying as hell.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-06-16 16:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your FrameRateDivisor setting? if it is 0 you're going to have a bad time.
By Cronnus 2019-06-16 16:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had the problem for a year. It's definitely some sort of router issue. I have zero issues when I travel for work and play in hotels. I've forwarded all the ports SE has asked to be forward and had my ISP handle it all. Then still had 4001 and 2059. I called my ISP again and had all ports forwarded. I still had problems but itll be like every 3-4hrs.

It's always people suggesting the same things. Network settings to disable on pol. Make sure auto shut off isnt enabled. Several other tips. Nothing works. Only thing I can think of is to get a new router. So I feel your pain, man.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-16 17:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
FrameRateDivisor

What is this? How do I check/change it? Just curious. I've never changed anything named similarly, but if it's some quick tweak I can verify / change, then... if it can't hurt, I'd love to keep my settings optimized.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-16 17:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Plugin or setting to adjust fps cap. By default, the game sets it to 2. If you set it to 1, you get a 60 fps cap. With 0, uncapped fps, which will cause you to d/c when zoning. You'd probably know if it was 0, animations get all sorts of screwy if your PC can render 100+ FPS.
[+]
By kennocha 2019-06-16 18:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been having this issue lately as well.

FWIW, if i run a traceroute when i'm having the issues towards SE's stuff, the traffic gets to NYC, and stops.

When its down, i cant load the official forums for XI, or XIV, or anything. It's all down.
By zZeakean 2019-06-16 18:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't changed anything at all just started happening im just crafting and I d/c all day long
By daviant 2019-06-17 05:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I was recently having this error, like last month what i did to fix it was
login to your router
LAN setup, yours might be different
DHCP Server Settings-> Lease Time.
mine was set to 1 hour, maybe yours it too i hope this helps

this was for POL2059
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-17 06:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Plugin or setting to adjust fps cap. By default, the game sets it to 2. If you set it to 1, you get a 60 fps cap. With 0, uncapped fps, which will cause you to d/c when zoning. You'd probably know if it was 0, animations get all sorts of screwy if your PC can render 100+ FPS.

How would I set this to 2 just to make sure it's defaulted?
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-17 06:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You could try switching dns, google was giving me issues but 1.1.1.1 wasnt having any issues.
By Jetackuu 2019-06-17 17:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

^

It's under config
By Jetackuu 2019-06-17 17:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

kennocha said: »
I have been having this issue lately as well.

FWIW, if i run a traceroute when i'm having the issues towards SE's stuff, the traffic gets to NYC, and stops.

When its down, i cant load the official forums for XI, or XIV, or anything. It's all down.

Considering the servers aren't in NYC then it's not SE.
By zZeakean 2019-06-20 14:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

tried multipul things now still d/cing now kinda more at random times non stop still cant stay on past 1 hour
By Jetackuu 2019-06-20 21:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds awesome, I suggest fixing your stuff.