Player Event Support (Shiva)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Shiva » Player Event Support (Shiva)
Player Event Support (Shiva)
By darty 2019-06-13 20:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been wanting to try out the Player Event Support, so I thought I would hold a FFXI Trivia Event! Everybody is cordially invited to come play.

My application was recently approved for:
SAT 06/15/19 4:00 PM PDT - 6:00 PM PDT
*So the Trivia event will start at 5:00 PM PDT

* Just North of the North San D'oria exit in W.Ronfaure

Various rewards!!! I am thinking around ~30m total, with about 30 questions. But some rewards will be better than others.

Random notes:
- I don't care if you disagree with my question or my answer.
- I reserve the right to choose which answer I accept (in case of typo's or abbreviations (IE "West San D'oria" vs "Sandy", or if two people answer at the same time - I will chose whomever is shown first on my screen).
- I reserve the right to add/change rules whenever (as an example; if one person seems to win every question, I might add that people can't win two in a row).

Thanks, Hope to see you there!
[+]
By Nyarlko 2019-06-15 08:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Always been curious about this system myself.. How long did it take for your application to be approved? How does the reward system work? I believe you can have custom NPCs, but how does scripting work for them?
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-06-15 12:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just thinking about this a few days ago as well. I didn't even know if it was still a thing.
By darty 2019-06-15 16:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the first time I put in an application; I put way more time into placing NPCs. I think I did 10, all with custom Text, right where I wanted them. One of them even had like "The answer to #13 is xxxx". But then I never even heard back (no email or anything).

This time I think I put out 4 NPCs? With some text but just basic. So not as fancy - I didn't want to put a lot of time in when I wasn't sure I would get a reply =( I heard back I think 3-4 days later.

I'm not sure about rewards, I didn't see anything like that. Other than what I am handling myself (no rewards directly in the Player Event Support thing).

You get the compass from a Linkshell NPC, and use it to find the exact coordinates in a zone. Then on the application, you select which NPC/Icon (there are lots), the location, and the "Text".

So, a lot more potential than what I did this round.
By darty 2019-06-15 20:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The Player Event Support went wonderfully; the NPCs were placed well. Some of the locations I selected didn't work because I chose "larger" items (like the stall/blanket) on a hill; SE moved them to more flat areas otherwise it wouldn't have worked.

GM contacted me during the process; including setting locations, adding the text, and even at the end of the event to see if I needed more time. It felt great to be in control of an event, seeing NPCs/Items/Icons pop in FFXI, never thought that would happen. So - SE rocked this.

I wish more people would have participated; there were 6-7 people. Here are the winners:

Barokins - Beastmen's Medal
Barokins - 99 Beitetsu
Sacrificeme - 99 Alexandrite
Sacrificeme - 99 Riftborn
Barokins - Dark Matter
Dgpr - Riftcinder
Rotund - 99 HMP
Rotund - 1,000,000 Gil
Barokins - 99 HQB
Sacrificeme - 500,000 Gil
Dgpr - 99 Riftborn
Sacrificeme - Riftcinder
Faraz - 99 Riftborn
Barokins - 99 Beitetsu
Sacrificeme - Dark Matter
Dgpr - 99 HQB
Faraz - Riftcinder
Dgpr - 1,000,000 Gil
Sacrificeme - Kindred's Medal
Sacrificeme - 1,000,000 Gil
Sacrificeme - 5 S. Astral Detritus
Barokins - 99 Alexandrite
Bulalo - Dark Matter
Sacrificeme - 99 HQB
Dgpr - 99 Alexandrite
Rotund - 99 Beitetsu
Dgpr - Riftcinder
Rotund - 1,000,000 Gil
Sacrificeme - 99 HMP
Gilmour - 1,000,000 Gil
MaxMP - 1,000,000 Gil

Overall, its looking around ~39m in rewards.

Would consider holding more in the future (maybe just "FF" based, like including FF7/8/etc. questions?) if I thought participation would be higher.

Thanks all!
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-06-15 21:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Would have gone, just didn't fit my playing schedule =/
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-06-16 07:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I intended to show, but it was my daughters’ birthday, had to mow the lawn, stupid rl, etc.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-06-16 09:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

darty said: »
The Player Event Support went wonderfully; the NPCs were placed well. ...
Sounds fun :-) Happen to have any screenshots you can share with us of how it looked?