Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
Random Politics & Religion #38: The 38th One
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 198 199 200
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-08-20 15:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Nausi said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Can't tell if there was a mistake nor do I care, but all I understand is even if it's almost impossible, as long as it's not 0% there's a chance.
You’re literally undermining your own position.

Video games taught me one thing, 2% drop rate isn't that bad.
Indeed....
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-08-20 15:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

https://news.yahoo.com/neo-nazi-arrested-over-threat-175830122.html

More reasons for me personally to keep AND carry my guns.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-08-20 16:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »

So you could shoot asshats like that??

I honestly cannot see anything in that link your comment seems to relate to.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-08-20 16:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

And on the hotly debated cow fart front there is now a cure for cow gas.

Adding pink seaweed to cow feed eliminates their methane emissions

Quote:
One of the major contributors to greenhouse gases is the methane that cows belch up as they break down cellulose, but five years ago, research from Australia's Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) found that adding small amounts of a pink seaweed called Asparagopsis to cows' diets eliminated the gut microbes responsible for methane production and "completely knocks out" cows' methane emissions.

Asparagopsis grows on the coast of Australia, and cows actually seek it out and eat it without encouragement. Replacing 2% of cows' feed with Asparagopsis is sufficient to end their methane production....
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-08-20 16:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad they stopped yet another lunatic. But I can't help but remember it was just yesterday we were told these kinds of people only existed on the left. Hmm.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-08-20 17:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Quote:
One of the major contributors to greenhouse gases is the methane that cows belch up as they break down cellulose, but five years ago, research from Australia's Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) found that adding small amounts of a pink seaweed called Asparagopsis to cows' diets eliminated the gut microbes responsible for methane production and "completely knocks out" cows' methane emissions.

Asparagopsis grows on the coast of Australia, and cows actually seek it out and eat it without encouragement. Replacing 2% of cows' feed with Asparagopsis is sufficient to end their methane production....

I like to see these kinds of solutions. If this catches on, I just hope that it is implemented the right way.

What's the right way? Let the market find a solution that works. Figure out a way to mass-produce the stuff, and let the farmers decide if they want to use it. The ones who do can offset any extra costs by labeling the meat as "methane free" at a premium.

What's the wrong way? Force the farmers to adopt the solutions at their own expense and penalize those who don't comply. That's pretty much how these things are typically handled.
By Eboneezer 2019-08-20 18:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
What is this Space Force gonna do that the Air Force can't or isn't already doing?

Operate in areas that don't have air conditioning.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-08-20 18:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Space Force because "Star Wars" was taken.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-08-20 19:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Quote:

I like to see these kinds of solutions. If this catches on, I just hope that it is implemented the right way.

What's the right way? Let the market find a solution that works. Figure out a way to mass-produce the stuff, and let the farmers decide if they want to use it. The ones who do can offset any extra costs by labeling the meat as "methane free" at a premium.

What's the wrong way? Force the farmers to adopt the solutions at their own expense and penalize those who don't comply. That's pretty much how these things are typically handled.
There isn't a methane problem. It reacts with the our atmosphere and quickly oxidizes to become inert in terms of its warming capacity.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-08-20 20:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

There isn't a methane problem. It reacts with the our atmosphere and quickly oxidizes to become inert in terms of its warming capacity.

I'm no expert on the matter, so even if we assume that what you're saying is true, there is already a huge market for feel-good nonsense. I'm perfectly okay with that so long as it's the free market driving those buying choices and not government mandates.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-08-20 21:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Methane production is a natural phenomenon. It comes out of living animals (flatulence) and death ones (decomposition). That means that before we got around to having the planet its “fever”, there was an endless supply of this stuff being churned out into the atmosphere.

Yet we have very little methane in the atmosphere today.

This is because when methane meets oxygen, much like everything else, it ultimately oxidizes and becomes harmless. This is unlike other planets and moons like Venus or Titan, which have very little oxygen to neutralize the methane.

It doesn't matter if its 20x as potent as co2, there will never really be enough of it around and active to make any difference.
By Viciouss 2019-08-20 22:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I'm no expert on the matter, so even if we assume that what you're saying is true, there is already a huge market for feel-good nonsense. I'm perfectly okay with that so long as it's the free market driving those buying choices and not government mandates.

I'm sure those scientists are just wasting their time finding a solution to a problem that "doesn't exist."
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-08-20 23:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly you haven't met a lot of scientists.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-08-20 23:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Its all a scam dude. Biggest greenhouse engine is water vapor, but you cant tax clouds (yet), so they have to vilify meat and energy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-08-21 07:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So you could shoot asshats like that??

I honestly cannot see anything in that link your comment seems to relate to.
WHAT THE ***? NO!

TO protect myself FROM asshats like this. WHAT THE *** LOGIC DO YOU HAVE?? You're WAY Smarter than that. Don't go full CJ.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-08-21 07:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad they stopped yet another lunatic. But I can't help but remember it was just yesterday we were told these kinds of people only existed on the left. Hmm.
Both sides have them. You just refuse to admit the ones that lean left.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-08-21 07:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They aren't told they don’t exist, you’re told they don't exist in enough numbers to elect anyone.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-08-21 08:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Both sides have them. You just refuse to admit the ones that lean left.

Uh no, I don't.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-08-21 08:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Vic can occasionally admit problems on the Left, but only if he can scapegoat them by pointing out similar problems on the Right. He will never admit that the Left has unique problems, no matter how glaring they are.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-08-21 08:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They aren't told they don’t exist, you’re told they don't exist in enough numbers to elect anyone.

/points and laughs at this lie.
By Viciouss 2019-08-21 08:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Its no surprise that the solution came from Australian scientists, their country suffers from ozone depletion every day. Its not a "scam," lol. They have legitimate problems with the sun down there.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-08-21 09:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Its no surprise that the solution came from Australian scientists, their country suffers from ozone depletion every day. Its not a "scam," lol. They have legitimate problems with the sun down there.

Or maybe the solution came to them because, you know, asparagopsis actually grows there.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-08-21 09:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Or maybe the solution came to them because, you know, asparagopsis actually grows there.

Turns out this isn't a new development, a Google search revealed everyone is working on it, even us Americans who allegedly don't have a methane problem.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-08-21 12:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Vic can occasionally admit problems on the Left, but only if he can scapegoat them by pointing out similar problems on the Right. He will never admit that the Left has unique problems, no matter how glaring they are.
The logic we have seen from the arguements:

Him: Trump is to blame for the mass shootings!

Us: So is Bernie Sanders to blame for the Shootings of Republican Congressmen practicing baseball?

Him: (sweats between choosing a reply meme)
Option A: That doesn't count.
Option B: /ignore and change subject
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-08-21 12:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Turns out this isn't a new development, a Google search revealed everyone is working on it, even us Americans who allegedly don't have a methane problem.
So you Google THIS but won't bother trying to find something someone says when you want "sources" then dismiss when "sources" are given?

I don't care about the cow fart nonsense, just confused how you apply your actions and reasons.

Is Russia in the room now with you touching you?????
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-08-21 12:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm being overly cynical again. /jokingly blames Obama

See yall tomorrow. Only so much crap I can read.
By Viciouss 2019-08-21 12:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

K then.
By Viciouss 2019-08-21 12:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Chanti posts a credible article about the methane problem, Rav tries to respond to it only to have nausi derail with unsourced climate denials that don't work, attempts to get it back on the rails..partially successful?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-08-21 13:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Chanti posts a credible article about the methane problem, Rav tries to respond to it only to have nausi derail with unsourced climate denials that don't work, attempts to get it back on the rails..partially successful?

Well you said it best:

Quote:
They have legitimate problems with the sun down there.

I've already shared videos of this youtuber (scientific one at that) that literally studies the sun daily, you should subscribe, you might learn a thing or two. Our sun is the real problem to everything climate related. Sure we humans aren't necessarily helping with pollution, but that is simply 1 variable and the sun's CME's, magnetic poles, etc etc is one of MANY variables that we simply don't understand and are beginning to connect the dots as it relates to "global warming." Ever heard of the 12-year sun cycle? bet you haven't. Its far easier for our government or any government (Summits) to impose regulations and laws and bans regarding climate matters, because as nausi easily put it, you can't tax clouds. Now I'm not saying we shouldn't have any regulations or laws on certain things. Common sense says don't pollute the water that you drink from; but to ignore the fact that there are matters (The Sun) beyond our control is another thing.

Educate yourself on our sun:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTiL1q9YbrVam5nP2xzFTWQ
And don't stop just at youtube
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 92 93 94 ... 198 199 200