Naegling Disappeared!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Naegling disappeared!
Naegling disappeared!
 Valefor.Bairen
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Bairen
By Valefor.Bairen 2019-05-16 19:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I just logged in after the PlayOnline update and my Naegling has disappeared from my inventory. The game still says I have "something" equipped when I look at my equipment and there's an empty spot in my inventory that's a blank line with just a period for a description and no picture. Anyone else having this problem?

I tried to emote /hurray to see what would happen and my character just freezes with his fist to his chest like a permanent salute.

Help!
Server: Asura
user: voiceless
By Asura.Swaggernaught 2019-05-16 19:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

post in official forums
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2019-05-16 19:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Run a file check, or turn off any 3rd party bs you have on.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-16 19:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

restart the game
 Sylph.Deximus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Deximus 2019-05-17 07:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Same. Along with a few other pieces of gear. Restarting has not helped. Going to forums.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55405-Items-lost-and-or-files-corrupted.

Someone posted their fix -

Steps:
1. Restarted FFXI & updated Playonline.
2. Ran File Check (Found corrupted files)
3. Repair File check was a success
4. Upon logging back in after file repair, everything was normal again.
By kishr 2019-05-17 09:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Be happy it's gone, you didn't need it.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2019-05-17 09:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a similar thing happen when zoning. I lost ~10 items from my wardrobe 4 which was problematic when we were gathering for WoC. Zoning helped though, but it's happened a few times to me.
By mohgeroth 2019-05-17 10:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine was corrupt as well and I realized that steam "updated" the game while I was playing out of no where. My hunch is this is the new "installer" that is supposed to be up to date.

Since Ambus weapons and more current equipment is all labeled as "." I'm guessing it doesn't have patches from the past few months that are supposed to have ambus gear in it, the steam version must be behind. It also looks like it didn't update the patcher file version so it didn't even go and look for updates, it just accepted whatever files were there as current.

I just deleted the steam version and am downloading the official updated one and will use that if it pans out. Not going to let steam blindly do this again.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/install_win.html
By mohgeroth 2019-05-17 11:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to update, a fresh install did fix the issue. A L L of your macros are blown away so be sure to back them up, even if just to the FF11 server.

Steam downloaded the "new" installer version which is several patches behind that's indeed missing the abuscade weapons data, hence them showing up as ".".

The new official version downloaded from the FF11 site is NOT up to date, and took an hour in total for the entire process once I downloaded all five parts of the installer.

• POL Update: 5 mins +/-

• FF11 Verification: 25 mins +/-

• FF11 Download and Patch: 30 mins +/-

It's certainly MUCH more up to date than it was so it's a great update to what took half a day for sure. Returnees may not know about tekrizz updates so this makes it much easier for them to jump in quicker.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-17 11:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

so *** steam pretty much?