Return Home Campaign

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2019-03-13
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » return home campaign
return home campaign
 Ragnarok.Blurrski
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: blurr69
Posts: 429
By Ragnarok.Blurrski 2019-05-16 08:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Wanted to take advantage of the opportunity. Im pretty sure my character is eligible, its been cancelled since 2012. When I go to reactivate it though, its wanting the full crysta amount. Is there something special you need to do to partake in the free deal? Sorry if this is wrong place to post. Thanks for any help ^^
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Isiolia
Posts: 189
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-05-16 09:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
There isn't anything special you need to do on the account side. Just log in.

Per SE the requirements are:

Quote:
1. Your PlayOnline account is transferred to Square Enix account.
2. You must have an active PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI service account.
3. Character status under the inactive character options must be set to "Cancelled" status as of
Monday, May 13, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (PDT).

Which is to say, you need to have the basic SE account already (free), and associated character(s) that are inactive. During the free period, you can log on to them anyway.

What you're doing is how you'd reactivate your subscription, which is certainly what SE hopes you'll end up doing...but it's not necessary for the event.
 Ragnarok.Blurrski
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: blurr69
Posts: 429
By Ragnarok.Blurrski 2019-05-16 09:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Thanks very much! Gonna give it a try ^^
 Ragnarok.Eotfofyl
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: EOTFOFYL
Posts: 2
By Ragnarok.Eotfofyl 2019-05-16 10:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
There's a blast from the past!
[+]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 112
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2019-05-16 10:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Also remember that when it is over, your logged-in character will not be kicked off. As long as you can stay logged in to one character, you can still keep playing. So that's either until the next update, some bug hits you (last time I came out of Besieged with a black screen, could only chat enough to say goodbye to LS), or your computer dies.
 Ragnarok.Blurrski
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: blurr69
Posts: 429
By Ragnarok.Blurrski 2019-05-16 11:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ragnarok.Eotfofyl said: »
There's a blast from the past!

Did not think anyone I used to know would still be around! Awesome to see ya ^^

Sylph.Elwynbelwyn said: »
Also remember that when it is over, your logged-in character will not be kicked off. As long as you can stay logged in to one character, you can still keep playing. So that's either until the next update, some bug hits you (last time I came out of Besieged with a black screen, could only chat enough to say goodbye to LS), or your computer dies.

Thanks very much for the tip!, will definitely do that xD

Login was successful! Sincerely appreciate the help guys ^^
 Valefor.Zolan
Offline
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
Posts: 329
By Valefor.Zolan 2019-05-16 11:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Curious to anyone else taking this opportunity to log back in. What are you doing? I feel so overwhelmed with new equipment/stories/Mechanics I am not even sure where I should spend my time!
 Ragnarok.Blurrski
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: blurr69
Posts: 429
By Ragnarok.Blurrski 2019-05-16 11:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Valefor.Zolan said: »
Curious to anyone else taking this opportunity to log back in. What are you doing? I feel so overwhelmed with new equipment/stories/Mechanics I am not even sure where I should spend my time!

A friend recommended I star doing records of eminence stuff. Adoulin wasnt out when i left in '12, so Im definitely interested in checking all that out ^^
 Odin.Botosi
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
Posts: 38
By Odin.Botosi 2019-05-16 12:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Do records of eminence and Rhapsodies of vanadiel missions.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 4889
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-16 12:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Thankfully, the awesome crew over at BGWiki has already done the work for you. Just pick your era and follow along.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
Offline
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
Posts: 329
By Valefor.Zolan 2019-05-16 12:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Thankfully, the awesome crew over at BGWiki has already done the work for you. Just pick your era and follow along.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel

THIS INFO is what I have been looking for today! Thanks for the link!
Log in to post.