Ff7 Remake First Real Trailer.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » ff7 remake First real trailer.
ff7 remake First real trailer.
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-06-10 23:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Barret sounds like when Dennis is voicing Murtaugh in the lethal weapon 5 movie they made on sunny in philly.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2019-06-10 23:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

zigzagzig said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

1st Gameplay

all of that... and im stuck on the fact that cloud and sepherioth both have green eyes in this video instead of there iconic blue eyes.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-06-11 00:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Take all my gil.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-06-11 02:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Erics said: »
Barret sounds like when Dennis is voicing Murtaugh in the lethal weapon 5 movie they made on sunny in philly.

Reminded me of this

YouTube Video Placeholder

which is odd, because he is being voiced by an actual black guy lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-06-11 03:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

minus - Barret is going to be seriously annoying if he keeps yakking at me in every fight for the rest of the game

plus - Tifa being super flirty with me in every fight for the rest of the game will be great
 Asura.Aerox
Server: Asura
By Asura.Aerox 2019-06-11 05:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That ATB slow mo gives me hope that the bigger spells/summons will still be epic. Like - hold on guys calling in a fat chocobo!

Also can't wait to play Tifa and use her limitbreaks.
 Asura.Tarquine
By Asura.Tarquine 2019-06-11 06:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at the "Pre-order" options...

You can get "Cactaur / Chocobo Chick / Carbuncle" as "DLC Summons" for pre-ordering certain packages. Now, apart from the fact i think that only suckers pre-order stuff anything more than a few days in advance (if at all), this makes me worry slightly.

iirc all those were summons available in game through play, but labelling these "DLC" ... are they going to micro-transaction summons as DL-f***ing-C for the game?!

Oh god, please no.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-11 06:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cactaur, Chocobo Chick and Carbuncle were never in FF7.

We had Choco Mog which was a kamakazi chocoob attack, and a rare chance for fat chocoob to appear.

anyway, remember to do the right thing.

Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2019-06-11 06:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is everyone screaming like a retard over a videogame in that vid?
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-06-11 13:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe they are showing excitement over said vidja game
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-11 14:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Asura.Vienner said: »

Paid people in the audience to push hype, they are the "please clap" signs for the modern generation. Humans tend to follow others, if one starts clapping and wooping others will follow.

You can see what they are because they act the same way if it's a flashy ff7 remake trailer or a 2d p2w mobile game.

Or like doing the dream land clap at a melee regional.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-06-11 14:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »

For certain personality types it's a big deal, I guess. I'm not one to get worked up like that, but it's the same mentality that makes people lose their minds when they see their favorite musician at a concert or something.

That being said, even though I'm a big FFVII fan, hearing people get excited over level one limit breaks is fairly humorous. "Hey, you know those special attacks that you have at the beginning of the game that do a few times more damage than normal attacks? WELL NOW THEY'RE IN HD! EXTREEEEEEEEME!!!!!"
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-06-11 14:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I look forward to being able to play as the other characters. Not too sure how they are going to handle character introductions/additions seeing as its a 3 installment project. I hope the first installment has at least Red XIII.
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-11 15:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I could see this being split up into 4 parts honestly.

1st part - ends at escape to midgar, shows the team making their way to kalm, the team demanding cloud talk about his past and it ends with him saying something "alright well get comfortable it's a long story."

2nd part opens up with playing through clouds faux memories, and takes us up to the events of aerith's death and the plot taking them to the northern continent to the crater

3rd part they deliver the black materia and the true sephiroth is reborn, the weapons are revived by the planet and cloud falls into the lifestream after ultima weapons appearance in mideel. We play through the true sequences of events that took place in clouds subconcious in a dream state and end when he reforms to his true state, enter cloud with mako glowing eyes.

4th part, the fight against sapphire and diamond weapon, the invasion of midgar and death of hojo and access to the northern crater for the final show down.

This assumes they don't deviate much from the old source material but it is very likely they will take a different approach and cut out parts such as the rocket launch needing the huge materia from fort condor, the huge materia on the run away train and the sunken bronco.

I doubt we will ever see one big stream like game or allow us to use the previous episodes to take our characters through old areas again or do a full play through with carry over content. If they do allow carry over content it would probably work like Xenosaga and the characters would still return to Lv.1 in the next game :/

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-06-20 08:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as a PSA for anyone planning on getting the physical deluxe edition, don't get it from the Square Store. I'm not sure why they're doing this, but the Carbuncle DLC is not included if you buy it from Square directly. However, it seems to be part of the deluxe package at other major retailers.
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-20 08:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Because Carbuncle is 1st class.

Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-06-20 08:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wish they would give the game a subtitle and stop trying to trick people who don't read up tons about games

Call it "Final Fantasy VII: Midgar" or something for the average joe who will just see it at a store and buy it and not know it only goes that far :/
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-06-20 08:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you missed what I was saying. To clarify, Carbuncle is in 1st Class at the Square Store, but not Deluxe. However, at Best Buy, Carbuncle is part of Deluxe according to the product description and features.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-06-20 08:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I pity the foo who pays $300+ for a game that's not going to be released until next year and, going by the history of the developers, will release a subpar, buggy game on day of release and subsequently release an "extra/superduper/better-than-before" edition of the same game 3 years later that not only fixes those very bugs that were not supposed to be in the game in the first place, but actually finishes the part of the story they were supposed to finish when released the game in the first place.

I'm looking at you, FFXV!
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-06-20 09:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey now, I warned you about 15!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-06-20 09:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Point still stands. They had to rerelease/reboot release 15 in order for it to be an actual game.

FFXV 1.0 sucked. Horribly.

Why do you think this obviously rushed game is going to be anything other than another "15 disaster"?
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-20 09:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I had fun with 15 at its release and the only bugs I encountered was getting black face when I slept at night and looked at all the pictures prompto had.

The shine wore off pretty quickly tho when I quickly realized hold circle until I die or the thing I want dead dies, and when I hit 0 HP I just pop a potion, and if I am typing on reddit and get to the second threshold of death then I have pheonix feathers.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-06-20 09:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Point still stands. They had to rerelease/reboot release 15 in order for it to be an actual game.

Why do you think this obviously rushed game is going to be anything other than another "15 disaster"?

I'm always cautious in my optimism, certainly when it comes to SE's recent track record. That being said, from the interviews that I've seen with the management on this particular project, they seem far more concerned about getting this one right. This is their flagship.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-06-20 10:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I'm always cautious in my optimism, certainly when it comes to SE's recent track record. That being said, from the interviews that I've seen with the management on this particular project, they seem far more concerned about getting this one right. This is their flagship.
True, I'm just not going to hype up over this because the odds of failure is high enough for me to be prepared for disappointment.

Better to be pessimistic and get a great experience than to be overly hyped and get 15'd.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-06-20 10:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm cautiously optimistic. I really don't agree with the description of "obviously rushed." This game was announced in 2014(?) and then vanished. We got nothing for years, then we were told its coming, but after KH3, and we weren't going to get many details because they wanted all the marketing to go to KH3. Which ok, that didn't help KH3 sales, but I get that.

I still remain concerned just because of the release date slotted for March '20. It doesn't make a ton of sense. I thought they were getting out of the way of a sales juggernaut this holiday..but there isn't one. Cyberpunk 2077 is April '20, so in that sense, getting ahead of this game is at least a good move. Maybe it was The Last of Us 2, but now we are hearing maybe February '20. Call of Duty is October, but people really don't adjust their calenders for that series like they used to. Death Stranding? Who knows. So why March SE? Whats goin on? Need more time to polish the game? Just say so.

The other question mark is the 3 installment thing, well ok. All I have to say is, you better make sure I can download my progress from the Cloud when the PS5 comes out. The first installment takes place entirely in Midgar, sooo hopefully we can bounce over to the Golden Saucer somehow? I want something to do when I hit the end of the story. Fighting arena, chocobo racing, something to keep playing.

I still think its going to be good. I don't think it can be as bad as 15, or even 13. The combat system looks good, the story was already written, we know the cast is solid. Cloud hit the gym after his initial appearance, all the character models look good. Right now, there is nothing bad to say about what we have seen.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-06-20 10:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm cautiously optimistic. I really don't agree with the description of "obviously rushed." This game was announced in 2014(?) and then vanished. We got nothing for years, then we were told its coming, but after KH3, and we weren't going to get many details because they wanted all the marketing to go to KH3. Which ok, that didn't help KH3 sales, but I get that.
I have been keeping up with it on an "on again-off again" basis, during the time up until the beginning of last year, when they actually started releasing info on a regular basis.

They had to basically start from scratch all over again. So, in all honesty, production hasn't started until Q1 2018.

Still feels a little rushed. Especially when it comes to the next point:

I still remain concerned just because of the release date slotted for March '20. It doesn't make a ton of sense. I thought they were getting out of the way of a sales juggernaut this holiday..but there isn't one. Cyberpunk 2077 is April '20, so in that sense, getting ahead of this game is at least a good move. Maybe it was The Last of Us 2, but now we are hearing maybe February '20. Call of Duty is October, but people really don't adjust their calenders for that series like they used to. Death Stranding? Who knows. So why March SE? Whats goin on? Need more time to polish the game? Just say so.
I'm more concerned that they are releasing it this early. Sure, we got some gameplay footage, but that's still in the early stages of the game.

Unless the first game in this 3-pack (probably more) series is really just up until they get out of Midgar, this game's progression is just outright slow. We should have seen some footage of overworld ***at the very least.

If this game really just until they leave Midgar, then we are faced with 2 possibilities:

1) There are more than 3 games in this series. Because there is a whole lot more to this game than a beginning level that only lasted 2 hours in the original. This game needs to go at least to Nibelheim in order to justify a 3 game only series. Anything less than that would make #2 happen
2) The other 2 games will be rushed as hell. They would have to cut out a lot of the original story just to finish the last 2 games going by the pace of having just Midgar as the first game only. Meaning we probably won't get Gold Saucer, Temple of the Ancients, North Mountain, Junon after, rocket sidequest, or even a good portion of Midgar 2.0, which all of them are all side-stories on their own. We lost out a lot of the original story and that's a travesty on it's own.

I still think its going to be good. I don't think it can be as bad as 15, or even 13. The combat system looks good, the story was already written, we know the cast is solid. Cloud hit the gym after his initial appearance, all the character models look good. Right now, there is nothing bad to say about what we have seen.
Combat system looks ok, but we still haven't seen much of it. Like how materia/spells work. Or how well the AI-controlled characters interact.

Will we have a Gambit-type system in place, or will each individual characters have their own style and you are up ***-creek when Aerith dies and nobody wants to cast Cure because everyone is playing the DPS game?
By Viciouss 2019-06-20 11:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There is an interview with Kitase this week that they have released snippets of on Twitter. He is saying they are already working on part 2. SE has been so inconsistent in their release of titles in the last 10...20...30...years, its hard to say how long one Final Fantasy game should take to develop. KH3 did take a long time, and it probably could have used even more time. This game is staying in Midgar, maybe they are just trying to simplify the development cycles.