FFXI Best setting HD

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-05 07:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Best would be running dgvoodoo at 1024mb @ force anisotropic 16x with fps unlocked, with every single HD map .dat installed with all ingame settings maxed. But good luck on asura with what you have. especially the fps unlock.

Not knocking your system just saying that ffxi is so poorly optimized and coupled with a heavily overpopulated server. It just makes everything worse.
 Bahamut.Neb
Server: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2019-05-05 10:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Best would be running dgvoodoo at 1024mb @ force anisotropic 16x with fps unlocked, with every single HD map .dat installed with all ingame settings maxed. But good luck on asura with what you have. especially the fps unlock.

Not knocking your system just saying that ffxi is so poorly optimized and coupled with a heavily overpopulated server. It just makes everything worse.

I have an I7-7700 and a GTX 1070 and I cant even run at 16X anisotropic with all HD dats at 60 fps I have to run at 8 this game blows for FPS and beauty always has

well I get 60 most of the time but will lag in heavily populated areas or Alliance content
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-05 10:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, and on asura, everywhere is heavily populated xD
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-05-05 11:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Neb said: »

I have an I7-7700 and a GTX 1070 and I cant even run at 16X anisotropic with all HD dats at 60 fps I have to run at 8 this game blows for FPS and beauty always has

well I get 60 most of the time but will lag in heavily populated areas or Alliance content

Is that on a laptop? My 1070 laptop running dgvoodoo2 is not struggling at all. The problem that I had with frame drops in town and stuff was due to the parking / power saving on the processor that basically thinks FFXI is too light to warrant more processing power. I.e it's so old it expects processor to run on full.

Going into power settings and changing the details of the plan to make the minimum processor from 0% (default) while plugged to 30% or there about made everything go silky smooth.

I settled on 30% after checking how much FFXI used (22% ish for me) after forcing it to run at 100%.

Tldr: you need to make sure your processor isn't power saving / parking cause FFXI is too old and struggle instead of telling the processor it needs more juice.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-05-05 11:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My experience with a 970 laptop is pretty similar. ReShade runs fine as well as long as I don't go too crazy with it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Neb
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2019-05-05 12:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elizabet said: »
Bahamut.Neb said: »

Is that on a laptop? My 1070 laptop running dgvoodoo2 is not struggling at all. The problem that I had with frame drops in town and stuff was due to the parking / power saving on the processor that basically thinks FFXI is too light to warrant more processing power. I.e it's so old it expects processor to run on full.

Going into power settings and changing the details of the plan to make the minimum processor from 0% (default) while plugged to 30% or there about made everything go silky smooth.

I settled on 30% after checking how much FFXI used (22% ish for me) after forcing it to run at 100%.

Tldr: you need to make sure your processor isn't power saving / parking cause FFXI is too old and struggle instead of telling the processor it needs more juice.

No im on a desktop ill try some things
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-05-05 22:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If using dgvoodoo, I would actually recommend not using Windower's supersampling option. That can be a major hit to performance with no real visual gain.
 Bahamut.Asphaar
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2019-05-08 12:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So I tried using dgvoodo on the recommended specs in here. The game runs pretty nicely, but for some reason if I unlock fps to 60, my frames go to ***10-15. I'm using a GTX 1060 with a 7th gen i7. :(
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2019-05-08 13:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried just using the DX8 to DX9 proxy files instead of the dgvoodoo? That worked better for me running an i7 8700k, and a 1080 Ti.
 Bahamut.Asphaar
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2019-05-08 13:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nexdeus said: »
Have you tried just using the DX8 to DX9 proxy files instead of the dgvoodoo? That worked better for me running an i7 8700k, and a 1080 Ti.

Never tried it before, was under the impression that it only supports Ashita. Does it work with Windower?