users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 100,000,000+ Queue Contest
100,000,000+ Queue Contest
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By iambatman3131 2019-04-04 20:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

damn, i might resub for that!
fonewear said: »
Just wait till May update they are going to revamp ballista so much that you won't even want to do Ambu.

It's going to be a server wide free for all...where you can punch that guy in front of you waiting to do Ambu...and if he dies you take his spot in line !
Damn, i might resub for that!
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 20:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Yeah it's funny. But that's not how you get a companies attention. And they already deleted the thread. so. yeah.
They don't care. Glad I could clear that up for you.

If anything they made an unintentional timesink to keep people playing. Please enjoy.

No company cares. Obviously they don't care. That doesn't mean you just accept it is what it is.

You pay for "immersion" and "fantasy" and what you get is "wait in line simulator" and "please look forward to it"(and "working as intended")

Every single party I join *** about the wait. But I'm literally paying you to tell square you are dissatisfied, instead of telling me in party chat. and no *** given.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2019-04-04 21:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Pilipinoboi said: »
All these people with the "Asura Problems" responses are the same people who get mules or mains INTO Asura to buy -1/rare gear, get stuff merc'd for them, resell and profit via /yell/AH and whatever else their dead *** server can't give them.

They transfer back afterwards of course and flex on the other plebes who hasn't server transferred yet because now they're "geared."

The true responses we should be getting is; "Thank you Asura."
Thank you Asura for attracting all the shitheads off my small server.
[+]
 Asura.Aaliana
user: edster105
By Asura.Aaliana 2019-04-05 03:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

We're not all shitheads on Asura. Some of us have been here the whole time, just watching the drama unfold, quietly getting stuff done with equally non-*** friends.

Doesn't help the situation now though, agreed.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-04-05 03:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Pilipinoboi said: »
They transfer back afterwards of course and flex on the other plebes who hasn't server transferred yet because now they're "geared."
No actually we transfer back and tell the people there that we just did so they can come pick up their gear we bought there for them. Why would we pay 10 server transfers when one person is enough haha. I don't think you understand how things work on smaller servers, this isn't Asura, we aren't at each other's throats and we don't mind helping others for free.

It feels like Santa Claus sometimes, handing people presents.

On topic:

The lag issues are also present on smaller servers (at this point the dyna lag issues are just universal). The majority of my dyna runs are unaplayable. Farm runs especially for some reason, Wave 3 runs are a lot smoother or at least the bosses are for some reason.

Lags in Ambuscade are rather rare even when queue is capped so I can't really complain there.

However, I think that Asura or not Asura, we're all in the same boat. The terrible lags in Dynamis shouldn't exist, they're a real issue (NIN mobs exploding sometimes because of this among other things) and it's not normal that even on a small server like Cerberus, we are reaching 5min+ queue time on Ambuscade even in the third week (5min queue is huge here since there is usually no queue even at the begining of the month).

At this point, we could just request an overall improvement, not just for Asura's sake, but pretty much everyone.
By Kainrostecello 2019-04-05 05:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

What you do to reduce the Ambuscade queue is you type in say:
“It would be really unfortunate to /sea all status right now”
then watch all the Disconnect icons light up.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-04-05 06:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
(at this point the dyna lag issues are just universal).
I think Comeatmebro already explained the most likely cause of the huge amount of lag and packetloss in Divergence areas.

While high popualation/stress might make things even worse, it's mostly a problem that's beyond just that and it's about the RP system and the network communication protocol SE use for their Client<>Server data exchange.
By soralin 2019-04-05 11:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My game plan has always been, and always will be:

1. Moved to asura with about 50mil to my name.

2. Use the Asura merc economy to bring my gil up towards cap

3. Pimp my job out

4. Re-cap gil

5. Find a small server that has a good tight nit LS not full of *** with a Discord server.

6. See if they need me to pick any items up for them on the way over.

7. Go join the LS and have some fun doing end game content.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-04-05 12:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Yeah it's funny. But that's not how you get a companies attention. And they already deleted the thread. so. yeah.
They don't care. Glad I could clear that up for you.

If anything they made an unintentional timesink to keep people playing. Please enjoy.

No company cares. Obviously they don't care. That doesn't mean you just accept it is what it is.

You pay for "immersion" and "fantasy" and what you get is "wait in line simulator" and "please look forward to it"(and "working as intended")

Every single party I join *** about the wait. But I'm literally paying you to tell square you are dissatisfied, instead of telling me in party chat. and no *** given.
You can go complain wherever you like, but they don't care. They only care about the 12.95 rolling in. That's it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-06 00:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yum. Dig that 30 minute wait. Delicious.
By clearlyamule 2019-04-06 01:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got out of waiting in a 15 deep line. I came this close to making a thread on the OF
 Asura.Rylixx
user: Rylixx
By Asura.Rylixx 2019-04-06 10:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
I just got out of waiting in a 15 deep line. I came this close to making a thread on the OF

15?? that's nothing.... 35+ on Asura at the moment.
By clearlyamule 2019-04-06 18:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-04-08 15:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55285-Ambuscade-Queue-times......?p=614901#post614901
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2019-04-08 15:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I need that 100,000,000 to feed my family
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-08 17:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

i would give you a like on OF, but they banned me for speaking sense a while ago and i'm far too lazy to sign another char up

all the same, great post would read again
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-08 21:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny, even the JP are complaining about ambuscade wait times:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50259-dev1303-%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%83%90%E3%82%B9%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6/page150

Quote:
Yesterday I confirmed 24 sets waiting in Laguna. I have never seen such a line. It was not an easy month to hunt.

Quote:
and it is a shame that it will increase the congestion of the enbass, and the congestion point has just increased

(This player is from Asura)
Quote:
I thought this, but I thought that there are a lot of people entering Legion for the purpose of pulse arms.
Esukajita is also embarrassingly crowded,

squiggy translate, but gives general idea. And players not on Asura are also complaining.
By Asura.Evilddstroyer 2019-04-08 21:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
i would give you a like on OF, but they banned me for speaking sense a while ago and i'm far too lazy to sign another char up

all the same, great post would read again

これ思ったけど、パルスアームズ目的でレギオンに入場している人が多いのかなーと思いました。
エスカジタもパルス目的で異常に人がいるし、空もキャンペーンでもないのに大体埋まっています。
鞄枠空けて新しい武器をという目論見もあったのかもしれませんが、こうなる事は分かりそうなものなのにね。
まぁアンバスは今まともにできませんです。
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-09 07:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55288-Ambuscadeの待ち時間について何かする必要があります

The Japanese agree

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-11 03:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Double Gallantry popped off. Let's see how that affects the queue.
By kishr 2019-04-11 07:13:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If I post on the Japanese official forums, in full normal japanese bitching, I win this gill if I get loads of likes and a gm reply?
 Fenrir.Celdwn
Server: Fenrir
user: celdwn
By Fenrir.Celdwn 2019-04-11 08:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

why not just leave asura? it sounds like a nightmare there anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-11 08:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly Asura isn't as bad as everyone puts it. There's a few weird people who I can't name lol, but that's about it. Asura is only bad if you're a snowflake. Ambu queues aren't that bad when you consider the server is 3x the size of other servers. When it's 25+ then yeah w/e. I mostly blame Eiryl for that though... offering gil for a screenshot of a queue which has lead to more people actually queueing on mules.
By Nariont 2019-04-11 08:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if you only play outside of primetime, but no this has been an off/on thing with asura, pulse weapons just made it worse for a few montgs
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-04-11 09:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

idk man, i sometimes play primetime UK time, JP and sometimes US and it's never as bad as everyone makes it out to be, i've been on Asura for like 3 years now and it's just over exaggerated. But yes, the pulse weapons didn't help ambu queues that's obvious for every server.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-11 09:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Celdwn said: »
why not just leave asura? it sounds like a nightmare there anyway.

Believe half of what you see, none of what you hear (about Asura).
By Nariont 2019-04-11 09:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to have the best time outside of na primetime on weekdays,and after the 1st couple weeks to let others burn their points, last month was still 16 minimum with people taking ages cause tonberry is hard for some reason the 3rd week in.

Again after a few months itll go back to the normal hell of avoiding the 1st 2 weeks to not have to wait 20m for the next round, then theyll add augments and well be back here again. I doubt it can be fixed but if it can, nothing wrong with getting people to complain about it, though i expect theyll say theres nothing they can do at the end of the day
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-11 12:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
If I post on the Japanese official forums, in full normal japanese bitching, I win this gill if I get loads of likes and a gm reply?

I'm not really sure what part is unclear lol. I don't give a ***how you accomplish it or what language you do it in. If you win. You win.

So far, Buukii has (9) last time I looked. Nagan has AH one probably on lock... I might have to make a second place and third place prize to motivate people to enter. Not a single person has posted a queue screen shot so there is not a single person winning that 25m.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-04-11 12:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Nsane posted a screenshot of a 60+ queue on page 2. I think after that we all figured it was unbeatable.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-11 12:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bayonette said: »
Nsane posted a screenshot of a 60+ queue on page 2. I think after that we all figured it was unbeatable.

That's not how you enter that part. Post it there, not here.

In addition to that, whoever posts the screenshot of the longest queue in their thread gets 25m. (anyone can enter, you can make a mule on assura and screenshot the line as a level 1).

IF "multiple" people get the "you cannot queue it's *** capped" screen shot on their threads, well I'll raise the prize accordingly, as 25m split multiple ways won't go very far and It doesn't look like 100 people while be creating threads to raise the goal to 250m.

Asura.Shiraj said: »
Honestly Asura isn't as bad as everyone puts it. There's a few weird people who I can't name lol, but that's about it. Asura is only bad if you're a snowflake. Ambu queues aren't that bad when you consider the server is 3x the size of other servers. When it's 25+ then yeah w/e. I mostly blame Eiryl for that though... offering gil for a screenshot of a queue which has lead to more people actually queueing on mules.

Ok so, first, NO ONE has entered that contest. Can't put any blame on me (yet). Also, the queue is ALWAYS a problem. There was no contest last month and that was one of the worst months I've ever seen. Second. I don't care if I personally do make the problem worse, we are past the tipping point. We're 2 years in and there is still no solution. Unacceptable. It has to get worse before it can get better.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7