2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 100,000,000+ Queue Contest
100,000,000+ Queue Contest
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By fonewear 2019-04-04 09:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Ambuscade queue is unacceptable. If you start a new thread on the OF complaining about the queue you've got a chance to win 100m.

I don't really care what you put, or what you say (try not to swear, they'll just ban you). Your thread will almost certainly get deleted. Suggest fixes. Simply complain. Whatever you chose. Quote yourself and post it into this thread.

Most upvotes on OF wins 50m and most upvotes on AH.com wins 50m. It doesn't matter if you get the upvotes due to comedy. logic. or you just say I only posted this to take eiryl's money. as long as you *** about the queue.

In addition to that, whoever posts the screenshot of the longest queue in their thread gets 25m. (anyone can enter, you can make a mule on assura and screenshot the line as a level 1).

If more than 100 different people create a thread about it, I'll double the prizes.

Contest starts immediately. Contest Ends / Winner(s) declared the day after may update. I will post screenshots of me trading winners money.

Recap;

How about first person to reply to this thread with 30,000 plus posts wins....
By fonewear 2019-04-04 09:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Normally it's exactely like you said Kireek, but some months it's been a mess well beyond the first week, trust me.
If you're on Asura you know what I'm talkin about.

Granted I'm pretty confident there is nothing SE can do to solve it.

Personally I'm more concerned about the Divergence lag issue.
It's so intense, so huge, it takes away the fun from playing the game completely.
Which is quite a problem because there's not much (recent) group content to do with your friends anymore these days, and because if it weren't like that, Divergence could potentially be quite a fun thing to do.

Such a shame...

Agree first week of new ambu is hell I stay away from it.
 Asura.Meliorah
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-04 09:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

All last month you were lucky to see a page wait under 30. I think a lot of the issue stems not from people rushing to get Shining One and Nagelring but people using Legion as a method to obtain Pulse weapons with Zi'Tah being over crowded.

Having groups of solo or duo players hold up Legion instances for 45 minutes at a time is a pretty big problem. If they were to want to correct that problem perhaps use the sand worm/meeble/MMM instance or brenner's instance.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-04-04 10:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

the best thing to address this is to...
...not play the game?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
By fonewear 2019-04-04 10:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wait till May update they are going to revamp ballista so much that you won't even want to do Ambu.

It's going to be a server wide free for all...where you can punch that guy in front of you waiting to do Ambu...and if he dies you take his spot in line !
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-04 10:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
...not play the game?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But then all we would be left with is Runescape because no one here is going to play XIV or Maplestory
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2019-04-04 11:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't just an Asura problem. Bahamut's queues can get pretty damn long too.
 Asura.Chexmix
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2019-04-04 11:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

They obviously need to start selling a monthly fast pass that bumps you to the front of the amb line.
[+]
By Pilipinoboi 2019-04-04 11:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Eiryl should reconsider and be the financier for the one dude spamming about "Ballista lv 60 / 99 Asura!" you know, the one dude that has beef with Anna Ruthven lol - his purse is only 10M but if you put up gil just to watch or participate in his garbage... Asuran Ambuscade queues have a chance to be lower.

Think about it.

#TrollOver
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-04-04 11:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »
Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
...not play the game?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But then all we would be left with is Runescape because no one here is going to play XIV or Maplestory

MapleStory Pre-BigBang was the bomb. /
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2019-04-04 11:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn I saw a 36 page queue last night, should have screenshotted that!
By DaneBlood 2019-04-04 11:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »

Reported for language...
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-04-04 12:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Shichishito said: »
i always wondered how many instances of ambu the server can handle at a time.

how many multiboxes solo queueing in bot loop would it take to cockblock the entire server?

You have to be a real *** to do that though. You are basically punishing innocent players to make a political statement on something SE will likely never address. It's like those protestors that block busy highways and end up only turning more people against their cause.

no political statement. some men just want to see the world asura burn.
better pray i never win the lottery!
By clearlyamule 2019-04-04 12:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
Don't really see long queue times on smaller servers :)
It's almost as if people making one server much more active then the rest had a downside
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-04-04 12:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
#AsuraProblems

I enjoy when people get offended when people say anything bad about any server but Asura, but if anything is wrong on Asura, "STOP COMPLAINING".

Like it's not kosher to make fun of other servers, but make fun of a large portion of the player base and ignore their problems? Eh whatever.

As long as it doesn't affect YOU, you have the moral high-ground. Is that how this works?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-04 12:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »
I enjoy when people get offended when people say anything bad about any server but Asura, but if anything is wrong on Asura, "STOP COMPLAINING".

Like it's not kosher to make fun of other servers, but make fun of a large portion of the player base and ignore their problems? Eh whatever.

The difference is people are saying something bad about 'any server but Asura'. They aren't insulting Phoenix, or Leviathan, or Bahamut. They're saying the game only matters on Asura and every other server is unplayable.

With the amount of toxic comments of that nature, it's no surprise people on other servers are happy to poke a bit of fun back at Asura. After all, Asura's problems were all player created.
[+]
By Nsane 2019-04-04 12:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Captured by phone cause I was texting someone "Yep, No line here..."

Line was over 70 Deep at one time and would not even let me have a number in the queue, when I did finally got a chance at the line I got placed at 460 out of 527..... 67th in line.

**edit
PS: Highest Queue wins 25m
A ton of people enter, prizes are doubled. Did I win?
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-04-04 12:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nsane said: »

Captured by phone cause I was texting someone "Yep, No line here..."

Line was over 70 Deep at one time and would not even let me have a number in the queue, when I did finally got a chance at the line I got placed at 460 out of 527..... 67th in line.

And you know there probably aren't 420 people doing ambuscade, so it makes you think... How many of these people are waiting in an hour long line just to solo V2N or V1VE? Kill me.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 12:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***, now that's a line.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-04 12:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That line sounds manufactured Byrne. He offered 25mil of the highest queue screenshot. I wouldn't be surprised if people are purposely multioboxing/extending the line just for the reward. (edit, beaten)

The line generally is NOT that bad (it's awful I'll at times, i'll admit), and nobody in their right mind would wait at their desk for anything over 30 pages. You can literally solo an omen swart run in that amount of time, and make it back and still have time on the clock. The only time I was willing to wait 42 minutes for an ambu run was to buy my last dark matter last month on a seal run, and i ended up doing all of the house chores in between queue times. If you purposely join long ambu lines, you are actively contributing to the problem and have no room to complain.
By Shichishito 2019-04-04 12:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

if strong groups would just invite and drag along a scrub on D-VD instead of charging them several mils for a clear you'd only see people soloing E for the seal.

problem solved.
By Nsane 2019-04-04 12:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
if strong groups would just invite and drag along a scrub on D-VD instead of charging them several mils for a clear you'd only see people soloing E for the seal.

problem solved.

Honestly if SE does step in they will probably just make it a 3+ man event and change how the gallantry payouts... to get rid of the solo people clogging up the area.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 12:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Manufactured or not, that's the *** problem. It shouldn't even be possible to do.

Solo's need a different line. that doesn't affect party line. or removal of solo completely. and that's just the first, largest, of many problems.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-04 12:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I really can't see them adjusting lines for a few crowded servers. They make too much money off of server transfers to do anything to alleviate the issue. I'm sure if people were to stop playing immediately they'd address it
[+]
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-04-04 12:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

that queue was from iirc 2 or 3 weeks ago, I remember as well not being able to sign on at some point cause the queue was too long
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-04-04 12:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I really can't see them adjusting lines for a few crowded servers. They make too much money off of server transfers to do anything to alleviate the issue. I'm sure if people were to stop playing immediately they'd address it
The only way to find out is to speak the hell up. If you just keep eatting ***, they will happily keep serving you ***.

Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
that queue was from iirc 2 or 3 weeks ago, I remember as well not being able to sign on at some point cause the queue was too long

I've seen literal capped queue before too, it literally won't let you enter. Pretty rare, but disgusting that it can even get to that point.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-04 13:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They have the first ever Ambuscade-related campaign next week, which will only increase the length of lines (daily). SE doesn't care about complaints from 1-2 servers regarding congestion; if they did, they wouldn't create a campaign that will have the exact opposite effect on those servers. If anything, they could be doing this event specifically to force players off Asura and warp back to a smaller one, else endure the side effects of wasted time.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-04-04 13:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
which will only increase the length of lines (daily)

Not sure that's the case, at least that's probably not how SE is thinking of it. Restricting the bonus to first run and gallantry only means you have an increased incentive to not waste your first run solo.

Whether it'll actually work out that way in practice is questionable, but there's no debate that you gain a ton more from it by holding out for a group run.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-04 13:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is taking the amusement park approach...you wait in line forever for 15 mins (on the high end) of game play. And repeat.

So hey how is FFXI?

Well I stand around waiting in line 80% of the time and 20% of the time I'm doing something ! It's very fun !

Ambu in real life:

By clearlyamule 2019-04-04 13:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile they sell you fast passes to shorter lines
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7