Forum » FFXI » General » Campaign
Campaign
 Ifrit.Durai
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: olan
By Ifrit.Durai 2008-08-07 10:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What level is Campaign targeted to? I'm a level 30BST/15WHM. Would it be worthwhile for me to try and participate?
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2008-08-07 11:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You probably wouldn't gain much at this level. For melee, you may want to consider starting after level 50 (though you may find this too low even yet).

Either way, you have nothing to lose but time finding out. Get the quests knocked out, find a battle thats about to begin, and get new allied tags. If you get anything out of it, great, if not, there's always later.

gl.
 Ifrit.Durai
user: olan
By Ifrit.Durai 2008-08-07 11:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a million! I'll give it a shot.
 Lakshmi.Septroth
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Septroth 2008-08-13 17:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

i found as i lvld sam i dident get good exp until post lvl 65 in campaing
 Ifrit.Ravahan
user: Ravahan
By Ifrit.Ravahan 2008-08-16 12:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

At 55 DRG, I get next to nothing from Campaign Battle, but that might have something to do with the epic lag I experience. I need to upgrade my PC >.<

I get a max of about 500 XP right now. I'd say, as a melee, unless its orcs stay out of Campaign battle until at least 60. As a mage... Well, if you can Cure and Raise, you'll find you get just as much XP as I get on my DRG, as I found out on my mid-20's WHM -.-
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2008-08-18 23:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

you could always /brd >.>; although that wont work after the update.
 Hades.Starwind
Server: Hades
user: Starwind
By Hades.Starwind 2008-08-24 07:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I lvled several diffrent jobs and various lvls, the post 65 is accurate for getting massive xp for melees, but to me, mages get screwed in campaign. BLM burns his AM's at 61 which is what I'm at, waste of mp for the low damage they're doing. but perhaps if I was higher up, but Melee, they can make constant dot compared to a mage, as they're not even getting credited for damage done by enfeebles, just casting it initially. Currently till the update, alot of ppl are /brd to rack up instant xp, they sing for about 5 mins and trade tags, cause they'll max out the enhancing buffs. I did this on my lower lvl jobs to get xp while lfg, so I was constantly actively gaining xp even when not in party.
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Server: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2008-08-24 09:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There is an exp penalty up until level 61. From 45-60, you only gain 80% of what a 61+ job would receive for the same actions.

I believe the mobs are level 65 or so, meaning you may have accuracy problems without food in the 50s. I have seen the occasional campaigner eat food, but its really a waste considering how frequently I tend to die (and I go as 75WHM).
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2008-09-16 20:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:
you could always /brd &gt;.&gt;; although that wont work after the update.

yeah was up with that, what if i wanted to go /bard in a non Bot way
 Lakshmi.Dmnone
Server: Lakshmi
user: dmnone
By Lakshmi.Dmnone 2008-10-03 08:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

at that lvl exp will be low just wait 7 days and do back to back campain ops to get new medals and such i go once a week on a low lvl job and get free exp if i dont fail it up to ike 2,6k exp andwll over 6k in an
 Siren.Antigod
Server: Siren
user: AnTi90d
By Siren.Antigod 2008-10-03 18:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a black mage, and I hear other black mages whine all the time about not getting good xp in campaign.. but I continue to do very well. In fact, I get over 5k an hour on average. Just stop playing the role of the victim and sitting around feeling sorry for yourself and try to figure out the things that will earn you points. If you don't meelee in campaign, you have no right to complain about lack of xp. Go out and level your staff up to at least 200 for Spirit Taker.. buy a Demon's Cloak.. get a Kirin's Pole or other moderate damage staff.. don't go overboard on a mob that doesn't have that much hate on it. I mean, come on.. you can aspir almost every mob! As a BLM/WHM you have raise and reraise and cures and enfeebling magic and elemental magic and divine magic and enhancing magic and dark magic.. I don't really cast AM1s or AM2s unless I want to show off, because they are inefficient with respect to how much mp you invest and how much damage you gain points for. Just use a little common sense and you too will earn as much if not more xp per hour than you would soloing.