Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » What would you do, Rostam or R15 Foma
What would you do, Rostam or R15 Foma
By lhova 2019-03-24 12:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all, curious to which path I should take. I recently saved up about 120m and was just about to buy my first Rostam! My ls is easily able to beat zone 3 bosses so then I thought would it be better for zone 3 dps if I used that gil to rank 15 my foma. It takes me months to save that up so not sure where it’s better spent. I currently have 2 Lanun’s that I’ve been full timing until they reach cap.
By SimonSes 2019-03-24 12:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have Death Penatly? no? Use this gils and make one then. DP > R15DP > Rostam A > R15 Fomal|Rostam C| etc. This is assuming you have bis things for TP/WS sets in the first place, because otherwise get them first.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-03-24 13:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I would prioritize Rostam B over Rostam A. Unless you really like shooting then A.
By geigei 2019-03-24 13:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
I would prioritize Rostam B over Rostam A. Unless you really like shooting then A.
Some people prefer not to make dumb choices.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-24 13:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »

There was some debates about it, but in general Rostam A is as good as Rostam B for melee, assuming you are using dps TP set and go for damage. If you are using tanking set with low amount of multi attack, then Rostam B will be better, but that also depends if you use Samurai roll then. For most group content Rostam A and B are about the same for meleeTP/Leaden spam. Now Rostam A is obviously much better for ranged at the same time, so if you can make only one, then the answer is obvious.
By lhova 2019-03-24 13:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Do you have Death Penatly? no? Use this gils and make one then. DP > R15DP > Rostam A > R15 Fomal|Rostam C| etc. This is assuming you have bis things for TP/WS sets in the first place, because otherwise get them first.

I was thinking of making the lunge for DP but I’m already done with all the assaults, tokens and ichor and I need 20k Alex’s to make tizona. Then was thinking of making a Nirvana to make it easier to farm more aeonics in the future. Didn’t want to abandon tizona since I will lose the already traded Alex’s and have to redo all the assaults.

Was hoping Rostam or R15 foma could help significantly in dyna.
By Afania 2019-03-24 14:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »

I was thinking of making the lunge for DP but I’m already done with all the assaults, tokens and ichor and I need 20k Alex’s to make tizona. Then was thinking of making a Nirvana to make it easier to farm more aeonics in the future. Didn’t want to abandon tizona since I will lose the already traded Alex’s and have to redo all the assaults.

Afaik Most group would utilize leaden/wf in dyna. R0 or r15 fomal really makes no noticable difference for these ws except 30 Macc for it. And 30 macc is still lower than rostams 50 macc anyways.

R15 fomal shines in ranged ambu month the most, maybe some of the omen bosses.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-24 14:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Spend this gils on Tizona then.

Afania said: »
And 30 macc is still lower than rostams 50 macc anyways.

He wrote he uses 2x Lanun now thow, so he wouldn't get any macc in dynamis from upgrading to Rostam actually.

I personally think, that with 2x Lanun and mostly using COR for Dynamis, your only real upgrade for your COR is DP. Rostam is ofc upgrade too, but 5 more sTP and 10%more double damage or 10% more following attack that will cost you 120m is definitely the last upgrade you should do, when you cna only gather that kind of gils every few months. Better invest in Tizona, then DP or Nirvana, or bis TP/WS set if you don't have one yet.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-03-24 15:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Between Nirvana and DP I would definitely go for the DP. Since you're 10k alex deep I'd finish what you're working on first though.

But for the above, would probably go for the Rostam.
[+]
By lhova 2019-03-25 08:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah DP is OP as ***. Isn’t a R15 one like 45% more leaden damage than a R15 Foma?
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-25 09:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah DP is OP as ***. Isn’t a R15 one like 45% more leaden damage than a R15 Foma?

49.5% just from bonus and a little more with more magic damage on gun, but that with not counting TP bonus on Fomal, which gets them much closer when fired at 1000TP, but DP still wins easily.

Making DP also comes with having it's ammo tho. That ammo has +25macc and +35mab which is another very big boost to Leaden.
[+]
By lhova 2019-03-26 14:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So I ended up getting the rostam and A pathing it. Figured I’ll grind out the rest of my Alex’s for Tizona and then start on DP! Thanks for all the input guys. The forums are really great for people to share ideas and answer questions versus ignores or you suck for not owning duo Rostams lol.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [84 days between previous and next post]
By lhova 2019-06-18 07:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to update for those who care. When I lasted posted in March I didn’t even own a mythic and I decided to finish my Tizona since it had 10k Alex’s invested into it. On June 6th I have a 119 AG Tizona but more importantly I became a Death Penalty owner! Working on trials now and I’ll need tons of gil for AG level but I thank you all for your advice and input! You guys make this game fun.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-06-18 07:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

This is an amazing accomplishment, you made a Tizona into a Death Penalty, something arguably useless into something actually useful.
[+]
By lhova 2019-06-18 07:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Meliorah said: »
This is an amazing accomplishment, you made a Tizona into a Death Penalty, something arguably useless into something actually useful.

Lol I own both now but I see what you tried to do there.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-06-18 10:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

gotta ask why people argue for a DD based Rostam (path A or path B, let the argument continue) vs. getting a path C Rostam first. Those boosted rolls are gonna help not only you but your entire party.

I currently have 2 Rostams, but it wasn't even a question in my mind to do Path C first, and when friends ask me in game about their CORs, I always suggest getting a path C first. If I can be convinced the overall party dps is less important than personal dps, I'm all for it- I do love my path A Rostam.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-06-18 10:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

People suggest path A or path B because the bonus granted by a C over a regal necklace is next to nothing. 4 Store TP and 3.12% attack for 2-4 people, or 25 store tp and occ. double damage for yourself is going to be pretty damn close to the same result in a party setting, but the DPS paths will be at full usability when solo and the path C won't.

If you don't have, and can't easily get, a regal necklace.. I guess path C is suitable as a first Rostam.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-06-18 10:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, I can roll with that. I guess when making the decision I looked at that "small" difference as something that would warrant using a Lanun+1 path C if you can't get a regal neck. Because I'm just tired of seeing CORs with an R25 Path A or B rostam and the only +roll gear they own is a Barataria Ring.
 Asura.Mavre
By Asura.Mavre 2019-06-18 11:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
ok, I can roll with that.

I see what you did there.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-06-18 11:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

...mebbe.
By lhova 2019-06-18 11:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I know some people prefer to duo rostam Cor for W3 Dyna boss farm but it seems to be very marginal especially when factoring the cost.