New Monthly ROE!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Monthly ROE!
New Monthly ROE!
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-21 11:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really funny that the katana BREAKS when you exceed 100. it doesn't simply cap at 100, it literally breaks. That's on purpose. Or accidently on purpose. They had to set a limit and chose to make it 0 upon exceeding that limit instead of capping it.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-03-21 15:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
It's not hard to get 10-15 astrals on a solo run
Wait, how? I regularly farm Omen on BLU (with TH1 trait) cleaving every single mob on the farming path and usually net 5-6 astrals per run. Your 10-15 is with main THF/high TH or am I missing something? Seems too good to be true.

I go thf main and keep my plunderer's armlets +3 on fulltime, and I have TH +1 on my taming sari so I can max it with just those two pieces and my job traits. I TH 8 the whole zone, with frequent TH 9 procs and the rare TH 10. I average about 10-12 detrius per run. Lowest runs are around 8 crystals, highest I've gotten in a run so far is 17. And yeah, anyone claiming they average 20+ is full of crap. I get a lot of 12 and 13 crystal runs, and even 14 and 15 aren't that uncommon, but beyond 15 is rare. I've never seen 20 yet, so that's an astronomically high yield if it ever happens.

EDIT: Also just noticed this

Quote:
Much less TH, where there is zero indication you're actually getting 4 tiers properly besides what is said on your gear (that could be broken as well and you can't test it). More never hurts if it doesn't impede kill speed (it doesn't).

That's not true for thf main's. Treasure hunter can proc off melee swings, and when it does it displays in the chatlog clear as day what TH level the mob is up to. If treasure hunter increases from gear weren't working as intended we'd know immediately. Unless of course you're suggesting that TH would be broken to the point it just stopped working entirely despite advertising TH level X in the chatlog, but that would become apparent in droprates pretty quickly (you can literally see the difference in astral droprate after a full run or two for example).
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-03-22 10:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve been keeping track of my swarts intake for a month now and have done about 30 runs. Right now, my average with TH4 on Blu/Thf is 9 with a high of 19 and a low of 5. I’m thinking once I hit 30, which I am close to, I’ll swap to THF main and see how TH12 compares but, for now, these averages I see posted are highly inflated and I don’t think the people I saw boasting of 15+ average in a previous topic are actually keeping track of it. There is such an extreme variance in drops in Omen, it’s actually insane.

I wonder if lights have an impact, but probably not.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-22 15:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
Much less TH, where there is zero indication you're actually getting 4 tiers properly besides what is said on your gear (that could be broken as well and you can't test it). More never hurts if it doesn't impede kill speed (it doesn't).

That's not true for thf main's. Treasure hunter can proc off melee swings, and when it does it displays in the chatlog clear as day what TH level the mob is up to. If treasure hunter increases from gear weren't working as intended we'd know immediately. Unless of course you're suggesting that TH would be broken to the point it just stopped working entirely despite advertising TH level X in the chatlog, but that would become apparent in droprates pretty quickly (you can literally see the difference in astral droprate after a full run or two for example).

The context of this was talking about using BLU/THF with TH4(5) in gear. There is no indication that a piece of gear is working properly or if at any given time the cap is working properly. You don't receive a proc message for TH when subbed, so I just use max TH gear for my first nuke spell (tag), and then kill the rest in MAB set. if it does nothing, working as intended. It's quirly, but there is no downside to it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-22 17:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh it totes does. Placebo is 90% of everything. If you feel like it's working. it IS working.
By kishr 2019-03-22 21:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be a glow weapon for killing something,
Drop rate is very low and cell ah price is unreasonable.

Did 200 vw stones and 5hr of zitah t3 with no drops.
Someone made a error on the dev team choosing this weapon for a upgrade.
Why even include this weapon to begin with, should of just been the upgrade mats only.
[+]